Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Blizzcon 2008 Announcements
Blizzcon 2008 Announcements
Oct 10 2008, 8:03 pm
By: Echo  

Oct 11 2008, 5:42 am Kaias Post #21

Quote from HailFire
Quote from Kaias
3 different SC2's for the 3 storylines? This is absolutely retarded.

Right now I'd be more excited for another SC Expansion than for three SC2s

If they didn't split it, one of two things would've happened:

1: Stunted single-player campaign

2: Release OVER NIIIIINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND years later.

Neither of these are desirable.
And neither is the option they've chosen. I only really care how the story ends anyway, now I'll have to wait even longer and pay even more.

The worst is that they know they can get away with it because everyone will buy them anyway. That's a lot of extra money for the same game. You know what I really hated about WoW? They designed the game to draw it out, keep you stringing along, get you hooked and keep you playing. They sacrificed a more entertaining and intuitive game for a more profitable one. What I see here is an effort to make more money and to get the game out sooner so as to not piss people off at more delays. Too bad that this 'alternative' is more frustrating than a release setback.

None.

Oct 11 2008, 8:26 am Riney Post #22

Thigh high affectionado

Am I the only one here with a Pally torch 20/20?

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Oct 11 2008, 9:55 am Devourer Post #23

Hello

Quote from Centreri
Wtf? Lost Vikings MMO?... I hoped it'd be WoW 2. This is.. weird..

Where'd you get this information from? I wanna read it.

please no more WoW....
in my point there is no reason to make new WoW Addons....
millions of players are playing it and will keep playing it for a long time, so, come on! SC2!

Bteween.... WoS.... how do you think to program it? could a DarkArchon-Player MC another player? lulz...^^

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Oct 11 2008, 11:16 am Ahli Post #24

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Yay!
King Leoric is again in D3? wohoooo.
"The wormth of life has entered by tomb. Prepare yourself, mortal, to serve my master me for eternity. Hahahaaahaaahaa!"
The master isn't back, yet? Diablo, where are you? Did you leave us forever?

Need that game in English. It wouldn't get the right ambience in a German version (maybe with missing blood fountains and corpse parts).

Oct 12 2008, 1:16 am EzDay281 Post #25

Teleports give them unparalleled maneuverability, allowing them to basically micro enemies to death. As for mana, I've seen a level 70-odd Sorceress throw level 56 Fireballs nonstop for over 5 minutes. Sure, a pally's resistance aura could make him damn near bulletproof to a sorc's attacks, but teleport micro and infinite ammo would eventually win the day.
Eh, resist auras are considered "BM" for dueling, generally, and so can be avoided easily enough. Gear-based resistances can handle that, though - a dedicated Pally shield could provide 185 to any single resist... And remember when I said "Charge > you for fun"? Well, Charge also > teleport, except for 200fcr Sorcs and lucky bastards. And most people don't give a crap for 200fcr Sorcs, because they ( the people ) suck. While a well-geared 105FCR Sorc could kill a Smiter... again, it's down to having prohibitive gear and some actual skill/effort.
In terms of PvM, Enigmas are standard Hammerdin ( ... or just about anything but melee chars' ) fare, and again, average speed will be lower ( lightning resistant/immune enemies plz ) .

None.

Oct 12 2008, 4:54 am Riney Post #26

Thigh high affectionado

Am I the only paladin here who could give less about the crappy nigma?

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Oct 12 2008, 4:56 am EzDay281 Post #27

Am I the only paladin here who could give less about the crappy nigma?
Obviously not, considering how many people use it. ;o

None.

Oct 12 2008, 5:00 am Riney Post #28

Thigh high affectionado

Yea all of em. Oh well people limited by teleporting usually dont have the sight range to see me run up so fast and bash them in the face.

You can never have too much speed ^_^

Oct 12 2008, 6:49 am EzDay281 Post #29

Yea all of em.
You mean "most". ;o I've 'made' one Hammerdin ( more accurately, finished the one my friend had started ) , and Enigma's a stupid choice for most melees, so that puts me out... even if I did bother with such things ( Skin of the Vipermagi ftw - 125fcr > cookiecutter dupeword gear ) .
Oh well people limited by teleporting usually dont have the sight range to see me run up so fast and bash them in the face.
"Limited by teleporting" doesn't even make sense; most of these guys will have a Torch of some sort = +7 light radius ( 10 is base, 17 is max, if I recall correctly ) ; the problem, anyways, lies in surviving however many of the 2-3k hp's worth of unresistable hammers you run into. And unless you get a one-hit kill ( less than 1/4 chance with anything other than Smite/WW/Zeal/Talon/Jab, due to blocking+defense ) , one will almost always hit ( last one casted, which'll smack anything at melee for 1 - 3-range weapons ) .

None.

Oct 12 2008, 7:46 am Riney Post #30

Thigh high affectionado

Insane Vit build for the win?

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Oct 12 2008, 4:07 pm EzDay281 Post #31

As if that's not exactly what the cookiecutter Paladin ( ... and anything other than ESSorc or Bowzon ) is. The only characters I've seen tank more than 2-3 Hammers are SSDruids and Barbarians. Amazons and Assassins if you count dodge/weapon block, maybe, but the former is really slow, and the latter is for standing-only.

None.

Options
  Back to forum