Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Messed up wait in triggers?
Messed up wait in triggers?
Sep 9 2008, 9:51 pm
By: LooKe  

Sep 12 2008, 1:08 am Fwop_ Post #21

That extra 7 is from the at least 0 you used. Remember that hypers don't kick in until the second loop, which is another reason you shouldn't have started on the first loop anyway.

None.

Sep 12 2008, 1:12 am Falkoner Post #22

I didn't use an at least 0, I just used at most, there's no reason to use at least 0, although the second one would make sense, okay then, 8 a second, my other 2 things it proves still hold true.

None.

Sep 12 2008, 1:15 am Fwop_ Post #23

Just your outcomes are wrong (like the 8007 should be 8000 thing). I'm not denying the higher millisecond count results in lower loop counts, because that makes sense.

Ah, nevermind, I see you changed the seconds on your chart.

Still, I think you should update the data to not include the missing trigger loop.

None.

Sep 12 2008, 1:16 am Falkoner Post #24

Yeah, I didn't think about using at most 999 instead of at most 1000 when I made it, I've fixed the tables.

None.

Sep 12 2008, 2:39 am LooKe Post #25

Quote from Fwop_
Hmm... well I see you got some in there, but put the hyper trigger (also copy it like 3 more times) to a computer player so you don't have any problems with wait blocks or no hypers at all.
I got rid of all the waits in my triggers, so wait blocks shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Quote from Fwop_
And yes, it does make a difference if you use 30 instead of 708. Think of the values you put in for the death counters as time. The more there is, the more time it will take to reach 0.

I was meaning does it make that much of a difference if I get my hyper triggers working, or if just using it normally will work.

None.

Sep 12 2008, 2:54 am Fwop_ Post #26

I don't get what you're asking. If your hypers work, your triggers will run faster. You might need to rephrase that if that doesn't answer your question.

None.

Sep 12 2008, 3:25 am LooKe Post #27

I'll just re-ask the question....

Can I do it without hyper triggers, or is there some special bonus for using hyper triggers?

None.

Sep 12 2008, 3:35 am Fwop_ Post #28

Hyper triggers make your triggers run about 12 times faster. You can still do it without hypers, but you don't have that extra speed in your triggers.

None.

Sep 12 2008, 9:28 am NudeRaider Post #29

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from name:JB4
I'll just re-ask the question....

Can I do it without hyper triggers, or is there some special bonus for using hyper triggers?
Yeah, there is a bonus: People with slow computers will lag your map.
And another: You can time events with 16 times the accuracy. (16 runs in 2 game seconds, instead of one)
So if you want to wait 60 game seconds you can either put a timer up to 30 without hypers or a timer up to 30*16 = 480 using hypers.

Besides from that every trigger will be checked faster. So if someone steps on a beacon he will (almost) instantly get the effect instead of having to wait a random time between 0 and 2 seconds.
Also, if you decide one day you will put in a wait into your map, then without hypers your death counter timers will run 1 loop faster each time you hit the wait. With hypers this doesn't happen, because triggers are already checked at maximum speed.

Sep 12 2008, 12:19 pm Falkoner Post #30

Another nice side-effect of hypertriggers is that they run so fast that bring and command often do not update fast enough :P

None.

Options
  Back to forum