Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: Our Current UMS Ideas
Our Current UMS Ideas
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Aug 25 2008, 10:36 pm
By: StrikerX22  

Sep 5 2008, 2:58 am StrikerX22 Post #21

I'm not sure if it would be proper, but I'd just as soon have a wiki for this, and then a topic to keep up on comments and significant update notices that links to it.

None.

Sep 5 2008, 5:17 am ClansAreForGays Post #22

Quote from StrikerX22
*sigh* This is why I was hoping to get a sticky if enough people participated properly. Allow me to introduce you to the beginning of the thread:
You want to act like that? Alright.

Quote from StrikerX22
If it gets sticky'd, the problem is solved.
If it get's sticky'd, it just get's stuck at the top to garner extra attention.
Quote from StrikerX22
If I were to do this over again, I would make the comments thread ahead of time, instead of relying on ppl to actually read and be reasonable.
We read your pretentious first post, but the thing is
Quote from ClansAreForGays
You don't get to set intricate rules for a topic just because you started it, you just set the topic.

Quote from StrikerX22
If I put everything in the first post, how would I let people edit their progress well? I'd have to keep close tabs on it at all times.
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,37641,,10
Quote from StrikerX22
If it ends up in a wiki to compensate, most won't even notice it.
I think that's what this is all really about. Attention. Attention for a masterful idea that you came up with to make everyone stick their map ideas in your topic, that you make the rules for. What if we want to comment on another's idea thought. No need to fret! Striker in his amazing foresight has you covered! Please refrain from posting a comment below the idea you read, and instead go to another topic (that he has graciously provided) with a different set of prescribed rules. We hope you enjoy your stay here with us in CrazyLand!
I have a better idea to take it a step further. I say we request an entire subforum under the Use Map Settings Category. We could call it "UMS Theory and Ideas" where we could actually start our own threads about each individual idea! And then we could actually comment on each of the ideas w/o trekking across to another just to leave a comment on something in the other. WOW, our worthy admins have finished coding this project just as I type http://www.staredit.net/?forum=11
I guess I shouldn't bring about my ideas about a map production thread...

Quote from StrikerX22
And oh yeah, new ideas get made all the time. It's a current progress kinda thing you know? Think about it. That's why we're on these forums.
Speak for yourself. Some of us actually already have ideas, and want to
Anyways, making a topic where everyone needs to post what they have going on in their head(AND THAT IS IT OR ELSE!) =/= getting new ideas. If you happen to get new ideas from reading others' ideas, once again please only speak for yourself.

Sep 5 2008, 6:29 am StrikerX22 Post #23

Damn man. You make it sound like I'm this devious task master that wants to enslave the universe. This thread had its purpose, but people like you have gone and ruined it. You've been an ass to me even when I first started coming to these forums, just because you disliked my avatar. Wow. Even Devilesk has been acting fairly nice lately. What's your problem?

I am not trying to garner myself attention. I thought it'd be fun to have a list of our current working ideas, or anything we thought was particularly interesting that we'd like to see in a map. My first post wasn't pretentious. It was merely a layout of guidelines that would make the thread cool to browse through. In some ways, you could've viewed it as a sort of game, where there are some rules and if you don't wanna play it, you don't complain and you don't participate. I'm just amazed that many of you don't even try. My requests were not unreasonable, nor did it trample on an entire forums, or anything like that. God forbid I encourage an idea, which several people really didn't have any problem with. And I think vague descriptions can help inspire you. Sue me.

I request this topic be closed. I'm tired of this bs.

None.

Sep 5 2008, 1:41 pm Impeached Post #24

Clans, must you turn everything into an OMGSERIOUS/OMGYOU'REWRONG I'MGONNARUBITINYOURFACE argument?

Why can you not just talk civilly?

None.

Sep 5 2008, 7:53 pm ClansAreForGays Post #25

I politely asked you in a PM (I had the decency to keep it private) if you would change you're avatar because that balding picture of you made me cringe (much like gamma's still does), and you were cool about it(even joking). I did not know you had this secret festering hate towards me since then as I certainly couldn't tell by your response.

I thought it'd be fun to have a list of our current working ideas, or anything we thought was particularly interesting that we'd like to see in a map.
Which would have been fine if you kept it that simple. Asking people to list some of their map ideas and projects is a nice idea. Scolding anyone who deviates from your imposed set of rules is stupid.
The topic is to be a showcase of our ideas, not random stupid side-comments cuz lil-inferno can't control himself or follow the obvious trend set by everyone above him.
Allow me to introduce you to the beginning of the thread:
instead of relying on ppl to actually read and be reasonable. At least then maybe I'd get past any laziness.
Don't be surprised when someone gets offensive with you for being so anal.

So in conclusion, you started it.

Sep 5 2008, 7:56 pm Moose Post #26

We live in a society.

PRO-TIP: Don't make rules unless you can enforce them or have someone else who will enforce them.

Options
  Back to forum