None.
Canada 1

3%
None.
Some Random Country 5

11%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 46 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Aug 14 2008, 8:56 pm MillenniumArmy Post #41

Quote from stickynote
I think China might have the most gold medals, but I'm rooting for the US.
When i last saw it, the overall medal counts for China and USA was like 32-31 or something (it's probably changed quite a bit by now). However, the gold medal count was 20-10 China over the USA. Third place for either of these two genres was quite far away, almost of a different league (i think it was france or something, too lazy to look it up).
Quote from Echo
Did anyone see men's gymnastics yesterday? That german guy really fucked up.
Yea dude, he was on the verge of crying. All he had to do was... not fucked up and he would've won a medal. But boy he took a huge fall.

None.

Aug 14 2008, 9:01 pm Echo Post #42

Yeah he was really good too. Wasn't he like a previous gold medal winner? That chinese guy was really funny though, especially how he acted at the end.

None.

Aug 14 2008, 9:11 pm MillenniumArmy Post #43

I actually forgot who the german guy was or what he's accomplished. But nevertheless, this is something he's going to remember for the rest of his life... Besides, he's the same guy who just has to go out of his way to powdering/chalking up all the bars before performing.

And yea the chinese guy... I wish he could've done better on the high bar, so that the whole stadium would be exploding from a spectacular finale :-_-:

None.

Aug 15 2008, 12:25 am stickynote Post #44

When i last saw it, the overall medal counts for China and USA was like 32-31 or something (it's probably changed quite a bit by now).

This topic is about gold medals though. :D

None.

Aug 15 2008, 6:10 am MillenniumArmy Post #45

Thus why I mentioned the Gold medal count right after that quote of mine

None.

Aug 15 2008, 6:22 am Demented Shaman Post #46

OMG U SEE DA MICHAEL PHELPS AGAIN? HE WIN EZ LOLOLOL SO GUD NOW SIX FO SIX EZ LOLOLOL OMG U SEE THE GIRL GYMNASTS USA GO GOLD SILVER OMG

None.

Aug 15 2008, 5:05 pm Brontobyte Post #47

Quote from Echo
Did anyone see men's gymnastics yesterday? That german guy really fucked up.

Good. The one time that Nastia Liukin fell off the uneven bars was KRAZY! Oh and Shawn Johnson fell on the floor exercise. WEE STIL PWN TEH MEDALZ! USA #1 USA! USA! USA!

None.

Aug 15 2008, 7:48 pm Kaias Post #48

Women's Gymnastics was awesome yesterday. I'm really glad Nastia got that.

None.

Aug 16 2008, 5:24 am SiN Post #49

HELL YEAH!!! PHELPS WITH THE SEVENTH!!!!

holy shit one millesecond. The closest race i have ever seen.

None.

Aug 16 2008, 12:57 pm Brontobyte Post #50

Quote from SiN
HELL YEAH!!! PHELPS WITH THE SEVENTH!!!!

holy shit one millesecond. The closest race i have ever seen.

Yeah I saw that race. It was EPIC! The other guy jolted toward the finish line too fast while Phelps waited and then jolted. :P CRAZY!

None.

Aug 16 2008, 3:41 pm Fisty Post #51

I think it will be China...Have you seen their programs? Their Ping-Pong academy is INSANE.

None.

Aug 16 2008, 8:22 pm FatalException Post #52

Quote from Kaias
I was kind of rooting for Shawn... <.<

None.

Aug 16 2008, 8:44 pm Echo Post #53

I was rooting for Shawn too but Nastia deserved it. She really pulled off since her injury. Her father even said Silver is considered a failure in their family.

None.

Aug 16 2008, 10:37 pm Fierce Post #54

I believe China will win most golds but the U.S. will win the most medals overall.

None.

Aug 16 2008, 11:15 pm Kaias Post #55

Quote from name:
Quote from Kaias
I was kind of rooting for Shawn... <.<

Quote from name:
I was rooting for Shawn too but Nastia deserved it. She really pulled off since her injury. Her father even said Silver is considered a failure in their family.
What I really meant is that she got it over the chinese girl.
I'm glad for both of them, they're both awesome.

None.

Aug 17 2008, 12:30 am dumbducky Post #56

Does anyone else suspect that the judges were trying to rig gymanstics in china's favor? Nastia got the same execution score on the balance beam as that one Chinese girl, but the Chinese girl did terrible.

tits

Aug 17 2008, 12:45 am Kaias Post #57

Quote from dumbducky
Does anyone else suspect that the judges were trying to rig gymanstics in china's favor? Nastia got the same execution score on the balance beam as that one Chinese girl, but the Chinese girl did terrible.
I agree, which is the main reason I was rooting against China. A chinese girl could fall off the beam and still get 16. Honestly, they'd have to make like 5 obvious mistakes to get the same deduction as anyone else with a fraction of those errors.

None.

Aug 17 2008, 3:18 am MillenniumArmy Post #58

Lol michael phelps and his EIGHT gold medals. No athlete has ever accomplished such a feat

None.

Aug 17 2008, 9:31 pm Echo Post #59

That's 4x medley was amazing! Especially at the end, I couldn't believe how fast they were.

None.

Aug 17 2008, 11:05 pm BeeR_KeG Post #60

http://www.iaaf.org/OLY08/news/kind=100/newsid=46787.html

Phelps might've won 8 gold medals, but Usain Bolt is something else entirely. He's destroyed everything which experts in Track & Field have said. The norm for a 100 meter runner is about 5'10" - 6'0" with a muscular build. This guy is 6'5" and has the body of a 400m runner. BAM! 9.69s in the 100m and he made it look much easier than Phelps. In a sport where you break the record by 0.01 and win by the very same margin, this guy is just something else. Scientists say that a perfect 100m is around 9.50, beyond that it's almost physically impossible to run any faster. Usain ran 80m all out and then started celebrating even before he finished the race. He could have well run under 9.60.

One event is not all. He could break 2 of the 3 most impressive Track & Field records there are. Next, Michael Johnson's legendary 19.32s 200m World Record. How good is that? The second best time is just 19.62s, leagues behind. Then Carl Lewis' 4x100m record should easily fall to the Jamaicans, if they can pas the baton.

All this and Usain Bolt does it while eating McNuggets,skipping breakfast and running with a shoelace untied.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum