Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: World of Starcraft?
World of Starcraft?
Aug 2 2008, 8:41 am
By: I)arK_zeratuL  

Sep 18 2008, 6:25 am InsolubleFluff Post #21

Quote from Zycorax
One idea could be to make a weird mix of WoW, or rather Tabula Rasa, and EVE-Online. You could be able to pilot different ships in space and do PvP with them, as well as missions that included killing hostile flying units, like Mutalisks. You would also be equipped with a warpdrive so you could get to different solar systems and land on the planets for trading and ground combat.
When it comes to the levelling system, it could be a bit like EVE, where you buy a skillbook and "reads" it to gain the skill. But rather than spending days getting the skill up, it should just be like you read a manual to see how the thing worked. This would take somewhere between five minutes and two hours, depending on what item you wanted to learn how to use. A gun would take a small amount of time to learn to use, while a spaceship would take longer. More advanced guns/spaceships would require you to have the skill to use less advanced versions. After your character have read the manual, you will be able to gain experience using the item. The more you use it, the more experience you gain, the better you perform using the item.

What do you think about it? ;)

This is my first response to the thread, and what you just said IS eve online, and eve sucks....
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/208-Eve-Online
as does Tabula Rasa...
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/9-Tabula-Rasa
Yahtzee says so and that's all I need :)

None.

Sep 19 2008, 1:12 am chuiu Post #22

Yahtzee says a lot of good games suck, don't trust him especially when you consider he plays everything on easy and despises the very thought of an MMO. He exists solely to point out the flaws of games, and does a masterful job of it.

None.

Sep 19 2008, 1:14 am chuiu Post #23

Quote from Kaias
Quote from ClansAreForGays
Already like 2 years ahead of you.

http://www.warboards.org/showthread.php?t=25167
2 years? People have fantasized about a SC MMO since MMOs became a reality.
Haha, I remember playing SC MUDS back in 1999.

None.

Options
  Back to forum