Gas Bug?
Jul 26 2008, 10:23 pm
By: Hug A Zergling  

Jul 26 2008, 10:23 pm Hug A Zergling Post #1

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but some workers, (Mostly Probes) will not do anything else when ordered to gather gas. Has anyone else had this problem? They won't move, won't build, nothing. Its happened more then once, but not all the time. Then again, it might always be with probes in melee, I never play toss.

None.

Jul 27 2008, 12:50 am Magicide Post #2

Sleeping wolves wake hungry.

Uh.

No.

Definitely shouldn't be happening.

Jul 27 2008, 1:41 am Hug A Zergling Post #3

You ever have this problem?

None.

Jul 27 2008, 5:28 am Morphling Post #4

I did have this problem, but in a ums game. The probes would be ordered, go close to getting the gas and then just stop and they wouldn't move. I just quit the game.

None.

Jul 27 2008, 7:23 am BeDazed Post #5

Frankly, I've never had this problem. Oh yeah, If you're talking about FASTEST, misplaced gas are unable to be mined. Sup?

None.

Jul 28 2008, 5:16 pm Hug A Zergling Post #6

Thats the not problem. They are mining, but won't do anything else. You can't move them, get them to build, anything.

None.

Jul 28 2008, 5:24 pm poiuy_qwert Post #7

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Yes I've had this problem many times. They mine the gas fine but you cant get them to do anything else. The only way i've ever gotten them away from mining gas was telling them to stop over and over as fast as i could for like a minute.

Jul 28 2008, 8:11 pm Ahli Post #8

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from poiuy_qwert
Yes I've had this problem many times. They mine the gas fine but you cant get them to do anything else. The only way i've ever gotten them away from mining gas was telling them to stop over and over as fast as i could for like a minute.
I select all probes around the gas then and hope that some of them start stopping. I had the same problems with scvs, too. I don't know about drones, but I bet they have the same problems sometimes.

Jul 29 2008, 3:23 am BeDazed Post #9

Ok here's the solutions.
1. You click them.
2. You move them right when they get out of the gas.

I've never had this problem in my entire life. Most of T builds require T to take some SCVs off gas for a minute to mine more minerals, but other than that no. I've never ever had this problem.

None.

Jul 29 2008, 4:42 am ClansAreForGays Post #10

Quote from BeDazed
Ok here's the solutions.
1. You click them.
2. You move them right when they get out of the gas.

I've never had this problem in my entire life. Most of T builds require T to take some SCVs off gas for a minute to mine more minerals, but other than that no. I've never ever had this problem.
Then don't try to give advice on how to fix it.

It happens once in a blue moon for me, but I can fix it by selecting it with a diverse group of units and spamming actions.

Jul 29 2008, 7:54 pm Vi3t-X Post #11

Re-select the worker unit. Fixes it up for me.

None.

Jul 29 2008, 11:33 pm 49281358723941702706 Post #12

I have never in my life had this happen to me before. Sometimes when I play a money map the worker won't mine gas though. Like if you build gas sometimes if they aren't stacked right, it won't mine.

None.

Aug 1 2008, 1:46 am Money Post #13

This has happened to me, it isn't fake, but it probably isn't really something that you should be concerned about. Just select different units and reselect until it goes away.

None.

Aug 1 2008, 8:08 am KyleIs1337 Post #14

Yea it's 1 unit..just attack it once with a drone and it will stop. This happens many times in cat and mouse ore wars. Whereas the solution there is to turn lights on and off but you can't do that in melee. So this is solution for melee

1. Get a fellow probe and attack it once.

None.

Aug 20 2008, 5:09 pm Dem0n Post #15

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Yeah it happens all the time in ore wars. I feel as though my probe is possessed. :0_0:

Sep 26 2008, 3:18 pm Pigy_G Post #16

It's happend to me, I think I just spammed 'Stop'. (X)

None.

Sep 27 2008, 2:47 am Vi3t-X Post #17

(S)top has the "S" hotkey...

None.

Options
  Back to forum