Staredit Network > Forums > Technology & Computers > Topic: Why doesn't this exist for Starcraft?
Why doesn't this exist for Starcraft?
Jul 9 2008, 6:48 pm
By: Wing-of-no-Wing  

Sep 8 2009, 7:27 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #21

Yes. I'm sure it would not be difficult to port the functionality of WC3Banlist to Starcraft, if anyone cared that much. Starcraft just never had the general demand of a game like public DotA to encourage the development of such programs. They don't really exploit much of the Battle.net interface, since they are only really doing what you could do with a super-fast eye and the host's kick feature (it only bans people if you have host privileges in the game lobby.

None.

Sep 9 2009, 5:49 am ClansAreForGays Post #22

Yeah I actually remember seeing that and "ban list" games.

Sep 9 2009, 7:03 am Riney Post #23

Thigh high affectionado

Way to necro guys. Wing of no wing hasnt been on since a month after he posted this, WHICH WAS JULY 9th 2008

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Sep 9 2009, 11:40 am Falkoner Post #24

Actually, a hack that does only this function exists for SC, just do a Google search for "Starcraft 1.16.1 Blacklist 4.3" and it should be the first result :)

Way to necro guys. Wing of no wing hasnt been on since a month after he posted this, WHICH WAS JULY 9th 2008

CAFG just couldn't help but hate on me and Ex for hacking.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 9 2009, 11:59 am by Falkoner.

None.

Sep 9 2009, 11:54 pm fire1337 Post #25

Nah.

60% of the sc population are hackers
and
40% went to iccup

On iccup, people quit because of a hack that allows them to hack on iccup. Anyways, thats besides the point. Fact is, you cant ban 60% of sc! Even then, that 40% will eventually become hackers. Its like a wildfire that is ready to burn starcraft completely. So therefore, if you ban all the hackers, you will barely have anyone to play with.
But that's beside the point.
Blizzard should start paying more attention to games. If hacking is SUCH a problem, then just keep patching! Of course, you cant ALWAYS be patching. Maybe they could try a new Warden? Maybe scan some games? Recognize injected codes?
I don't know if they have done this, or will, or will not.
Anyways, I kinda strayed off topic...
But the reason that there is no blacklist is because blizzard is stupid. Seriously. They could care less for a game that sold for $2.50 on the market. The only reason they patch anymore is because of the hackers. A CPU Throttle is completely useless. Also, Blizzard was talking about adding a "scan" system to all of their games. They are probably working on it as we speak. It will scan all unauthorized code and then drop the player.
Damnit I strayed off topic.
They wont add the ip ban feature prolly because you would end up banning everyone :D
I know it sounds ridiculious, but you probably ban 5-15 users a day. So, theres your answer.

TLDR; You would end up banning the whole of battle.net

None.

Sep 10 2009, 4:06 am Falkoner Post #26

Also, Blizzard was talking about adding a "scan" system to all of their games. They are probably working on it as we speak. It will scan all unauthorized code and then drop the player.

They'll never be able to block out hackers, heck, Zynastor is already working on a system that returns the values that should be there when the memory is scanned, it's a client-side game, you simply can't beat hackers.

I wouldn't say 60% of B.net is hackers, more like 10%, you see a lot less hackers than normal players, and I figure this IP ban is really only useful for like temporarily keeping a host hacker at bay.

None.

Sep 10 2009, 4:10 am Moose Post #27

We live in a society.

Quote from fire1337
60% of the sc population are hackers
and
40% went to iccup
I'm curious as to where these numbers come from.

Sep 15 2009, 5:54 pm Norm Post #28

From my observations, hacking percentage is like 25-30%.

None.

Sep 15 2009, 10:08 pm Falkoner Post #29

From my observations, hacking percentage is like 25-30%.

I know it's less than that, older versions of Oblivion(like a patch or 2 back) had what was called /xlist, and it displayed a list of hacking players in the game, by doing simply hack detection methods, and there was definitely less than one in 4 players hacking.

None.

Options
  Back to forum