Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: Some evolution questions
Some evolution questions
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jul 6 2008, 4:56 am
By: midget_man_66
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7

Polls
Do you believe in evolution?
Do you believe in evolution?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Yes 49

82%
None.
No 6

10%
None.
idfk XD 5

9%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 60 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Oct 28 2008, 7:41 am BeDazed Post #121

This was dug up from the grave. Lets just get straight to the point. Neither Science or Religion is straight as both cannot be proven perfectly. No Scientist can explain the nature with 100% accuracy, and religion is already too vague and philosophical to be any use to be used to prove how something came to be. You can choose to believe either, or twist them to your own likings. That is why new versions of this 'theory' comes up every few years, and every another few decades or centuries- new theories become more accepted. And every few decades or centuries, Religion twists and divides to form new parties of it. Science and Religion, while we rely(or relied) much on it are too unreliable.
You can ask those questions a million times, and go nuts with it. You can rant all you want, and you can argue all you want. But remember that they all fail.

None.

Nov 9 2008, 5:56 pm Syphon Post #122

To everyone arguing about the origins of life: The theory of evolution is completely and totally separate from the theory of abiogenesis, and other 'origin of life' theories. That is, they can exist without each other, and there is no point in bringing up the concepts of abiogenesis, panspermia, or creation in an evolutionary argument, because evolution doesn't need any of those things to be scientific fact. Evolution describes the differentiation of life, not where it came from.

None.

Dec 5 2008, 10:17 pm ClansAreForGays Post #123

God/Evolution topics like this one often get the bad rap of being useless because neither side ever changes their view on matters only ending in anger. I hate it when people say this.

While the actual argues will always stay stubbornly to their side, the forum lurkers will objectively be swayed to the side that did a better job, usually/hopefully the side of truth. I would just like to give a 'thank you' to Woa-Horde and his very thorough and strong rebuttal.

I am only a free-thinker today because of people like you. I've been raised my whole life in right-leaning setting, so it wasn't until I started browsing the internet until I discovered what an atheist truly was. I remember being maybe 12 and reading conversations like these all over the place and soaking in everything I could. I couldn't believe that I might actually be on the wrong side. What really gave me the courage to challenge my beliefs (which were defeated) was seeing other free-thinkers debate believers with such tenacity and stating facts that you could actually find in your text book, and the other side mentioning things - that if you googled, would throw 50 reasons why its a myth.

So just remember that just because the person you're arguing with might be too warped to open their mind to what you're saying, don't give up because you feel like you're getting nowhere. There's a young mind forum lurking somewhere that it seeing you stick to the facts, and the other hurling insults and fallacies, a mind that could go either way and only wants the truth.

Dec 5 2008, 10:27 pm Dapperdan Post #124

I think that wraps up this topic rather well. It really shouldn't have been bumped by Cecil. If anyone disagrees just pm me.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7
  Back to forum