Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: Unique RPG Group Project
Unique RPG Group Project
Jul 3 2008, 1:05 am
By: The Great Yam
Pages: < 1 2 3

Jul 19 2008, 5:17 pm Echo Post #41

I will be on from 7-11 today. Maybe before.

None.

Jul 19 2008, 11:37 pm The Great Yam Post #42

I will be in op SERG on USEast starting now.

None.

Jul 20 2008, 2:39 am ClansAreForGays Post #43

Wish it started at ten :\

Jul 20 2008, 3:51 am Vi3t-X Post #44

Meh, I'll try to be on tomorrow.

None.

Jul 20 2008, 4:24 am The Great Yam Post #45

Well, I did get some brainstorming stuff done with Killer-Kow and we have some background stuff for three potential maps and some outlines for a couple characters.

M s4 was there briefly but mysteriously left. I'm sorry I couldn't be on longer, I got sidetracked by phone calls and my little sister and her friend took the computer for awhile.

I really want to get an outline of what kind of world these maps will take place in, what our cast of characters is going to be like, and have a general direction for a (hopefully) good story.

I suppose if you need to get together tomorrow at ten I'll be there, I'm trying to kick a "stay up late at night" habit. I started early because I thought I'd be in bed early too.

None.

Jul 20 2008, 4:33 am OxY_CoTToN Post #46

I posted a forum shortly before seeing this. If you need any terrain help at all, I'll help.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 21 2008, 3:15 am by OxY_CoTToN.

None.

Jul 20 2008, 5:06 pm Symmetry Post #47

Dungeon Master

Wilhelm, you're going to like this one =)

Remember the problem with being able to cast twice without losing mana? It doesn't exist. I made a POC, and it turns out, the walking animation doesn't reset when a new order is given; it only happens once per rotation. I could also use this as a sort of 'cooldown' system for more powerful spells. =)

EDIT: On top of that, I can make the system virtually perfectly responsive by modifying the casting unit's dimensions to 1x1. Although, the same effect could be achieved with a perfectly sized inverse location.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 20 2008, 5:14 pm by Killer_Kow.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jul 20 2008, 7:31 pm ClansAreForGays Post #48

This isn't turning into a mod is it?

Jul 20 2008, 7:42 pm The Great Yam Post #49

Why are people using this a jump board to advertise their own RPG projects? It's not. We are not offering our services here, I'd appreciate if you made your own thread, Oxy, and didn't advertise on mine.

No, this is something Grawmaw wants to use in his map. I'm not against using modding to accomplish some things, but I want to keep this as mainly normal UMS.

None.

Jul 20 2008, 8:16 pm Symmetry Post #50

Dungeon Master

Quote from ClansAreForGays
This isn't turning into a mod is it?

My part of it will have a mod associated with it. I doubt anyone else will be taking a similar route, however.

Jul 20 2008, 10:13 pm OxY_CoTToN Post #51

Wasn't really advertising, I simply stated that I was in work and would like to help with your project. And no, I was clearly offering you my services.

None.

Jul 21 2008, 1:18 am Symmetry Post #52

Dungeon Master

Quote from OxY_CoTToN
My team and I are in production of an RPG, and looking for some help...
Map - http://www.staredit.net/topic/3828/#76329

While you did offer help, the rest (as shown in that quote) was blatent advertising and highly unnecessary.

Jul 21 2008, 3:17 am OxY_CoTToN Post #53

If it pleases you, I did remove the link. Now back to the task at hand. If there is anything I can do to help terrain wise, I'll be on USeast, or you can PM me, which ever is fine.

None.

Jul 21 2008, 2:33 pm Symmetry Post #54

Dungeon Master

Wilhelm, we really need to finalize some story elements so people can at least *think* about starting their maps...

Jul 21 2008, 7:27 pm The Great Yam Post #55

Ya, it's getting very annoying. I need to sit down with someone who can actually write a good story.

I'll work on getting a rough draft this week.

None.

Jul 21 2008, 8:14 pm Echo Post #56

Yammie! You and Me. I'll do character development.

None.

Jul 21 2008, 8:16 pm The Great Yam Post #57

It's part of why I wanted to get everyone together, but it seems like half the people involved couldn't write their way out of a paper bag. (The secret to press really hard with the pen).

None.

Jul 22 2008, 8:49 pm HailFire Post #58

Pity I just found this topic, looks epic.

If slots are still availible, I may join (I don't have AIM/MSN (I'LL GET AROUND TO IT, 'KAY IMPEACHED), but I can be on SC just about any time you need me).

I have experience in mapping theory, at least (I know how to do most things in SCMDraft, but I'm rarely inspired to actualy do any mapping), and I've collaborated a couple times with Impeached in the past (though my role was mostly conceptual).

I can definitly help out in design/testing, even if I don't do much to help terraining/triggering.

Also, at one time, myself and Impeached were working on an RPG project; although it died, we did quite a bit of brainstorming regarding non-standard-unit boss enemies, and I can probably cook you up some monstrous episodic/end bosses. :sly:

None.

Jul 30 2008, 9:23 pm Symmetry Post #59

Dungeon Master

*cough*

Jul 30 2008, 9:39 pm Vi3t-X Post #60

When is the next meeting, I've been busy lately...

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum