Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: Should Marijuana be legal?
Should Marijuana be legal?
Jun 30 2008, 2:06 am
By: T-MaStAA
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 8 >

Jul 5 2008, 6:24 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #101

Quote from Lt.Church
harold and kumar are very funny movies to me, i wasnt high when i watched them. Guess that means if you dislike doing something when youre sober then doing it intoxicated you enjoy it just proves the point that it alters your state of mind, if you hit someone well driving you might panic and be worried, do it high its no worries giggle and drive away how exactly is that something you want in society?
That appears to be just the opposite of what he says. Not liking certain things until your high is a negative effect. Maybe you dont like getting in fights until your high. Maybe you don't like cutting your wrist until you're wasted. No bueno.

None.

Jul 5 2008, 7:47 pm T-MaStAA Post #102

Quote from Lt.Church
harold and kumar are very funny movies to me, i wasnt high when i watched them. Guess that means if you dislike doing something when youre sober then doing it intoxicated you enjoy it just proves the point that it alters your state of mind, if you hit someone well driving you might panic and be worried, do it high its no worries giggle and drive away how exactly is that something you want in society?
First of all NO, JUST NO... Second, its not like I dislike Harold and Kumar, weed just made it 10 times better. You have no idea what its like to be high so you are in absolutely no position to give a statement as bold as your hole car incident.
You're high, but you still know whats right or wrong. Its really easy to sober up in moments of need. One time I got called to the office while i was high, no problem just got serious about it and I was fine. Being high, unlike drunk, is a very casual thing, I've spent allot of time in school high especially in math and computers and I still got high 80's in both subjects... Weed can also make boring moments fun or exiting like some time when I'm watching T.V. late at night and I'm bored, roll a five piece and BAM! eventful night.
P.S. The show Robot Chicken high....WOW

None.

Jul 5 2008, 8:07 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #103

Quote from T-MaStAA
Quote from Lt.Church
First of all NO, JUST NO... Second, its not like I dislike Harold and Kumar, weed just made it 10 times better. You have no idea what its like to be high so you are in absolutely no position to give a statement as bold as your hole car incident.
You're high, but you still know whats right or wrong. Its really easy to sober up in moments of need. One time I got called to the office while i was high, no problem just got serious about it and I was fine. Being high, unlike drunk, is a very casual thing, I've spent allot of time in school high especially in math and computers and I still got high 80's in both subjects... Weed can also make boring moments fun or exiting like some time when I'm watching T.V. late at night and I'm bored, roll a five piece and BAM! eventful night.
P.S. The show Robot Chicken high....WOW
How about mr. magoriums wonder emporium? lol heard that's good to watch high.

Anyways that's beside the point. What may be a casual drug for you is uncontrollably addicting and mentally warping for others.... The question was "should it be legal" and I think the only circumstantial reasoning points to no, it shouldn't.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 3:52 am CecilSunkure Post #104

Well, when you smoke marijuana you can't be a little high, or extremely high. What I mean is, when you drink alchohol you can drink and NOT get drunk, but with marijuana, you either get high, or nothing else.

Also there are no dangerous effects to drinking alchohol in moderation, but since when is marijuana healthy??

Also you can't be addicted to alchohol, but you can be addicted to be drunk, you can drink without getting drunk though. Also marijuana is highly addictive to many ppl, and there is no 'safe' amount of marijuana!

Jesus made wine, but when did he ever get high?

None.

Jul 6 2008, 4:30 am midget_man_66 Post #105

What were the chemical processes occurring at the atomic level when "Jesus" turned water into wine? - Sorry... off topic. i couldnt hold myself back.

My brother is a pothead. in fact he is going to CADS right now, he gets done in about a month. marijuana shouldn't be legalized because it is a gateway drug. Not everyone who smokes pot always does other things, but there is still that percentage that does do more then just pot, sometimes very dangerous things. My brother was getting close to addiction of cocaine before i stopped him. he got cocaine from his pot dealer. If marijuana isn't illegal people will feel more inclined to start a drug dealing business. I know people who started smoking cigarettes at 10-14. what kind of country will this be when its reported that children start smoking pot more so at ages 10-14?

None.

Jul 6 2008, 5:09 am T-MaStAA Post #106

Quote from name:O)Silent
Well, when you smoke marijuana you can't be a little high, or extremely high. What I mean is, when you drink alchohol you can drink and NOT get drunk, but with marijuana, you either get high, or nothing else.

Also there are no dangerous effects to drinking alchohol in moderation, but since when is marijuana healthy??

Also you can't be addicted to alchohol, but you can be addicted to be drunk, you can drink without getting drunk though. Also marijuana is highly addictive to many ppl, and there is no 'safe' amount of marijuana!

1. Keep religion out of serious discussion because jesus is a cunt.
2. You can smoke without getting high, it's exactly like alcohol, if you only take a little bit, you won't really feel much.
3. Never post in this topic again or even more people will consider you to be an idiot. Come on what the hell is this supposed to mean!?! "Also you can't be addicted to alchohol, but you can be addicted to be drunk."

None.

Jul 6 2008, 5:39 am Lt.Church Post #107

Quote from T-MaStAA

2. You can smoke without getting high, it's exactly like alcohol, if you only take a little bit, you won't really feel much.
3. Never post in this topic again or even more people will consider you to be an idiot. Come on what the hell is this supposed to mean!?! "Also you can't be addicted to alchohol, but you can be addicted to be drunk."

1.regardless of if jesus was holy or not or even existed he acts like a good person so i dont see how hes a cunt, i consider giving food to poor people nice. of course all the weed u smoke may skew your judgement.
2.drinking abit of alcohol will just be filtered by your kidneys and do shit all; smoking abit of weed doesnt go through any biological filtering system so no, im sorry but youre wrong.
3.thats considered a flame which last time i checked is against the rules please dont do it again its rude and isnt welcome.
4. he meant "to being drunk" mr.grammar lord.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 4:07 pm Falkoner Post #108

1.regardless of if jesus was holy or not or even existed

The existence of Jesus is a historical fact whether or not you believe he was the son of God is debatable.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 4:17 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #109

Quote from Falkoner
1.regardless of if jesus was holy or not or even existed

The existence of Jesus is a historical fact whether or not you believe he was the son of God is debatable.
I was just about to say that, thanks.

And for whoever made the comment about Jesus drinking wine, whine only has alcohol in it once fermented. Whine was considered expired when it fermented back then, and people would just throw it away.

[edit: i should learn how to spell]

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 6 2008, 10:39 pm by Jello-Jigglers.

None.

Jul 6 2008, 11:24 pm Lt.Church Post #110

how exactly is jesus a historical fact? do you have photographic biological or physical evidence or anyone who has met him? no he's just in a book you could easily look at macbeth and say boy, that guy seems real so he must of existed. there is no proof wiether he existed in flesh or not, yes its a fact he existed in print but there is no proof he existed as a living breathing man or woman named jesus whom lived in israel 2000+years ago. and we seem to be going abit offtopic considering christian belief has nothing to do with marijuana.

None.

Jul 7 2008, 7:37 pm Falkoner Post #111

Uh... Have you taken history classes at all? They go into very extreme detail about Jesus and his disciples, and other records, other than the Bible and other religious books, they recorded his existence during Roman times.

None.

Jul 8 2008, 3:18 am Lt.Church Post #112

records from that far back are sketchy at best and yes ive taken history classes which are oriented towards civilizations,great empires,and royalties i havent taken any religious history classes for a simple reason i dont know if god exists or not and in my opinion no one who has ever lived or is currently living has ever had/has definitive proof he exists.

None.

Jul 8 2008, 3:23 am Falkoner Post #113

records from that far back are sketchy at best and yes ive taken history classes which are oriented towards civilizations,great empires,and royalties i havent taken any religious history classes for a simple reason i dont know if god exists or not and in my opinion no one who has ever lived or is currently living has ever had/has definitive proof he exists.

Not even religious history, the normal history classes at my highschool(no, it is not a chrisitan school) teach Jesus as a fact, and so do most schools, I don't know what makes you think he didn't exist at all.

None.

Jul 8 2008, 3:51 am BAGLES Post #114

Quote from Falkoner

Not even religious history, the normal history classes at my highschool(no, it is not a chrisitan school) teach Jesus as a fact, and so do most schools, I don't know what makes you think he didn't exist at all.

This is true, Jesus did infact exist, everyone knows that. It is debatable whether he is the son of god or not, or the savior, or whatever you'd like to call him, that's what is in question. IT doesn't really matter whether god existed or not, it's just whether Jesus, as a person, existed, which in fact he did.

None.

Jul 8 2008, 12:29 pm Symmetry Post #115

Dungeon Master

Quote from Falkoner
Uh... Have you taken history classes at all? They go into very extreme detail about Jesus and his disciples, and other records, other than the Bible and other religious books, they recorded his existence during Roman times.

He asked you for citation. Please provide some.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jul 8 2008, 3:36 pm CecilSunkure Post #116

Quote from T-MaStAA

That means you can't get addicted to drinking only a litle bit of alchohol without being drunk. When people are addicted to drinking, its because they are addicted to becoming drunk. Or at least thats what I thought, but with marijuana when somone is addicted, it doesn't matter how much they take, they can get addicted.

None.

Jul 8 2008, 4:23 pm BiOAtK Post #117

Quote from T-MaStAA

That means you can't get addicted to drinking only a litle bit of alchohol without being drunk. When people are addicted to drinking, its because they are addicted to becoming drunk. Or at least thats what I thought, but with marijuana when somone is addicted, it doesn't matter how much they take, they can get addicted.

The only addiction to alcohol or marijuana is to the feeling, no matter what the schools try to say, marijuana has no addictive chemicals.

None.

Jul 8 2008, 4:32 pm Pyro682 Post #118

Heres the bottom Line.
Marijuana (I will call it weed and pot and other common names for ease of typing purposes, just hurt my hand recently) causes no serious physical problems. This has been proven, this is true, and this is a definate fact. Now, most of you know that ciggarettes cause so many deaths in this world, that its just plain rediculous.
I now ask, why is Pot illegal, and why are Ciggarettes Legal? Pot is just another thing you smoke, and it just happens to be fun while youre smoking it.
People say that "Weed is addicting."
Woah, hold up. Weed can be addicting... But so can eating crayons. People need to distinguish the difference between a mental addiction and a physical addiction. Physical addiction is something that you physically end up needing over times of use. (IE- Nicotine, Ciggarettes, Alcoholicism, Heroin, and Cocaine.)
However, a Mental addiction is something that is much less controlling, and the plain fact is, you can be mentally addicted to anything.... And that means, anything. There was this one news story about a woman who (and by the way, this woman was a mother of three, and a totally respectable individual, just like you and me.) became addicted to eating crayons (In all seriousness, I beleive that she liked Crayola better than Rosa.) I myself, as a very young child, was addicted to eating the Powder of Hot Cocoa mix.
Also, people call weed the familiar name of "Gateway Drug".
This is based upon the common fallacy of "Post hoc Ergo Propter Hoc." - Immediately meaning, "After this, therefore Because of this." Its one of the most common misconceptions on the planet.
" Most people who shoot up heroin once smoked pot."
True, but even more drink milk when they are a child. Besides, if you look at it the other way around, a very low percentage of people who at one time or another smoked pot shoot up heroin at a later time.

Legalize Marijuana,
it helps increase economical flow, (adding an entire market to the already elaborate economy)
Legalize Marjuana,
it will reduce the crime rate. (Both for people who get arrested for weed, and for other crimes.)
Legalize Marijuana,
it will generally approve the public's approval for the government and what it is doing.
Legalize Marijuana,
even if it means setting a general age requirement like the one for Alcohol and Ciggarettes.

Give the people what they want - they want their pot!

None.

Jul 8 2008, 5:09 pm Lt.Church Post #119

Quote from name:Killer_Kow
Quote from Falkoner

are you talking to me or him? okay Christian elementary school history class grade 1-8, christian secondary highschool history grade 9, public secondary highschool grade history/canadian history 10-11. i dont exactly see what history classes i took relate to legalizing marijuana not my fault falkoner loves going offtopic about religion in all the serious discussions.

Quote from Pyro682
Marijuana causes no serious physical problems. This has been proven, this is true, and this is a definate fact.
have you even read any other post in this thread ive posted before about the shrinking of various sectors to the brain and inhibiting blood flow, also lets not forget the low levels of THC which can be bad for you, albiet only to heavy users. also quoting an medical article by J Cloud
Quote from J cloud 2002 Time, cmcr.ucsd.edu
Those who believe you can't become physically or psychologically dependent on
marijuana are wrong. At least three recent studies have demonstrated that heavy pot
smokers who quit can experience such withdrawal symptoms as anxiety, difficulty
sleeping and stomach pain. On the other hand, the risk of becoming dependent on
marijuana is comparatively low. Just 9% of those who have used the drug develop
dependence. By comparison, 15% of drinkers become dependent on alcohol, 23% of
heroin users get hooked, and a third of tobacco smokers become slaves to cigarettes"
. As i've stated before it's better to not add another legal drug as the few we already have cause enough havok lol. of course if marijuana was legal it probably wouldn't effect me too much since i dont smoke and have irritability to smoke which causes me mild breathing problems so there isnt really any smoking done inside my house wanna smoke go outside or atleast in your own room with door closed and window open =P.

None.

Jul 8 2008, 10:32 pm Symmetry Post #120

Dungeon Master

Quote from Lt.Church
Quote from name:Killer_Kow
Quote from Falkoner

are you talking to me or him?

...did I quote your post?

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 8 >
  Back to forum