Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: 300 Madness
300 Madness
Jun 26 2008, 12:48 am
By: stickynote  

Jun 26 2008, 12:48 am stickynote Post #1

300 Madness

Note: This map was based off the 300 madness map from Warcraft 3.
I did not actually make this map; my brother did, but I helped him make it, and did many of the triggers. I came up with the idea, and began the map, but abandoned it for another project. My brother picked it up, and I helped him complete it. This map is pretty much complete; it just needs to be thoroughly tested and balanced.

[Specifics]
Dimensions: 128 x 192
Tileset: Ashworld
Players: 7 players, 1 computer

[Basic Storyline]
You are a Spartan warrior defending your city state against an onslaught of Persians lead by Xerxes. The fate of Sparta depends on how many Persians you can kill, and most importantly, if you can kill Xerxes.

[Objective]
-Kill Xerxes
-Stay alive

[Features]
-Stargate spell casting system
-Special use of shields (more on that later)
-Bounty system; rewarding you with gold for each kill.
-Miss system
-Banning system

[Abilities]
You have a stargate that allows you to do two things:
-Build a scout to turn your phalanx on and off
-Build an arbiter to throw your spear

The phalanx increases your armor by constantly setting your shield to 100%, acting as an armor to subtract more damage from enemy attacks. However, it slows you down significantly. Building the scout again will turn it off.

The phalanx turned on.

When you throw your spear, your arbiter tribunal is removed, rendering you unable to throw another spear until the cooldown is over and the arbiter tribunal is recreated. The spear is a lurker that is moved underneath you and will attack once.

The spear is thrown. Notice that you cannot build another arbiter right after wards.

[Missing] (Added 6-26-08)
Although you can't miss, the enemy can, because they are poorly trained Persians. They have a 25% chance of missing.

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Jun 28 2008, 12:42 am by stickynote.

None.

Jun 26 2008, 12:55 am Impeached Post #2

What about the gateway spellcasting? Stargate system looks professional & well-done.

None.

Jun 26 2008, 1:00 am Lingie Post #3

Looks nice. Just make sure you balance each side properly, and make sure it isn't just some one-sides crap battle like that one..

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Jun 26 2008, 2:32 am stickynote Post #4

@ impeached: I accidentally typed gateway instead of stargate, probably because of both words containing "gate" in them.
@ darkling: thanks. Yeah, the screenshot was from single player, so it does look one sided. With 6 or 7 players, it shouldn't be too one sided. I still want it to be very difficult. Another thing is that I feel as if it is missing something that would make strategy or tactics more important. I'm thinking of some sort of ability, but it could be anything.

None.

Jun 26 2008, 3:37 am Lingie Post #5

Make the Phanlax have a timer that it actually can be enabled. So the Spartans can get rushed when recovering. Or whatnot.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Jun 26 2008, 8:29 am Axii Post #6

I like the spell system, And I like how the drone shows your "cool down" Timer :D.

None.

Jun 26 2008, 4:51 pm Impeached Post #7

You said you need testers, so..I'll help test if you want.

ws-Impeached@USEast.

None.

Jun 26 2008, 5:17 pm Fisty Post #8

What a relief, it's not a typical Madness map. Thank god...

Good luck with this project. Add me to testers pl0x.
Deathman101@USEast

None.

Jun 26 2008, 11:29 pm stickynote Post #9

Several changes have been made. First of all, the "special" upgrading system had to be removed due to an incorrect conclusion from an observation I made. Secondly, as some of you may have noticed, I added a missing system. What I want to know is whether or not you would find it annoying to have the game display a text message that says that they missed. If not, I will put it in.

None.

Options
  Back to forum