Jun 19 2008, 12:42 am Zell. Post #21

whatever. its an epic idea.

None.

Jun 19 2008, 12:47 am Riney Post #22

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from BAGLES
A 256x256 map filled with units firing at each other

Backing lingie up,

Its actually a 168x192, as well as there is a Unit limit for each player. The computers will noticeably start above it, and continue above it until later on in the game when player domnace is just too strong.

And the computers NORMALLY only battle through the center, unless they need to be rerouted to another base for "Backup" or a player has requested air support at a enemy location.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Jun 19 2008, 12:51 am Lingie Post #23

Thanks DM. I did fail to mention player unit caps. Based on however many factories of a type of spawn you have, it raises the limit cap of troops for that type. And DM, its a 192x192. Not 168. XD

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Jun 19 2008, 12:54 am Riney Post #24

Thigh high affectionado

I actually went into the map, the left panal of the screen takes up exactly enough cells to make it a 170x192 (Sorry off by two)

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Jun 19 2008, 1:06 am Lingie Post #25

Oh! Gotcha. Thanks for the technical shit DM. ;D

Jun 19 2008, 2:20 am BAGLES Post #26

Quote from name:Darkling
My friend, you clearly must have missed 3 points I made:

A: Units only start with 10% HP. Thats 100 HP for infantry, and 20 / 10 for Vehicles.

B: Attack upgrades. Tanks will SHREAD eachother if you don't upgrade armor, and with a few attack upgrades, troops can begin bringing the pain down on enemies.

AND C: I already mentioned that the lack of range will be BENEFICIAL. Units will have to CLOSE IN a bit more so they're going to be more prone to damage, and therefore, it'll lessen the load of the game. Please read before accusing me of failing.

To Zell: I've already got a moning post for bost teams located near the main base. They'll double the money you get per supply run. And science facilities are already being used, and I'd rather not change them. D:

I didn't accuse you of failing, don't worry, I like your idea. Alright, still though, in the begining wouldn't it be much to slow? I still think 100 hits (Infantry) to kill a unit is a bit too much, also, you didn't adress fire lag. It's your decision, pace it how you want, but I still think it'd be better to make it a bit faster, being too slow isn't really a good thing. Another thing, my apologies, I didn't read the entire thing :rolleyes: sorry about that, it would have solved a few questions.

EDIT: Well, yeah, but 196x196 is still ALOT of units shooting at each other, that's alot of sprites >.>

None.

Jun 19 2008, 2:22 am Lingie Post #27

You won't commanding maybe more then 100 units. I doubt there will be any issues with lag. Second of which..yeah, it'll be a little slow probably. But wait.. I added CP's that'll give the players buffs.. like a Tank spawn.. or additional HP.

Jun 19 2008, 2:26 am BAGLES Post #28

Quote from name:Darkling
You won't commanding maybe more then 100 units. I doubt there will be any issues with lag. Second of which..yeah, it'll be a little slow probably. But wait.. I added CP's that'll give the players buffs.. like a Tank spawn.. or additional HP.
Not more than 100, but that's for six players, including 2 computers that are well above that limit, plus sprites. No, your thinking wrong, not that kinda lag, FIRE lag, when there's so many sprites you can't shoot or damage anyone. Additional HP is the problem, seeing as infantry don't have any armor +extra hits.

None.

Jun 19 2008, 2:29 am Lingie Post #29

The only units on the map that wouldn't be able to fire properly then..would be dragoons. Every other unit has instant attacks, and I've yet to notice a problem with their firing, even with a loaded out test of my map so far.

But then again, I haven't seen dragoons firing irregularly either..so.

Jun 19 2008, 7:14 pm Riney Post #30

Thigh high affectionado

800 units on a map wont make them not shoot, I see that in melees daily (When...I do melee xD)

Back to work lingie! *punts lingie*

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Jun 19 2008, 7:17 pm Lingie Post #31

O_O No u.

Jun 20 2008, 12:02 am Vi3t-X Post #32

*In*
IcY-@USEast

None.

Jun 20 2008, 12:46 am Lingie Post #33

Very well. I'll call you when theres a test.

Options
  Back to forum