Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Terrain Hall of Fame
Terrain Hall of Fame
Jun 4 2008, 10:31 pm
By: Falkoner
Pages: < 1 « 13 14 15 16 1733 >

Jul 29 2008, 11:22 pm stickynote Post #281

Wow! Those are really awesome. I'm loving the temple blends, keep them coming!

None.

Jul 31 2008, 10:33 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #282

I'll do my best! lol idk how much more I can come up with though; i've kinda exhasted my ideas.
(ps falk said he was gonna add those right???)

None.

Jul 31 2008, 10:37 pm Falkoner Post #283

Did I not? Oh, crap, it was just JaFFs, OK, lemme do that right now, wait, no, I added them :P Oh, wait, I added them under JaFFs name, since he quoted them :P Lemme fix that for you right now :><:

None.

Aug 1 2008, 1:34 am Jello-Jigglers Post #284

Quote from Falkoner
Did I not? Oh, crap, it was just JaFFs, OK, lemme do that right now, wait, no, I added them :P Oh, wait, I added them under JaFFs name, since he quoted them :P Lemme fix that for you right now :><:
Haha late night???

None.

Aug 1 2008, 11:59 pm stickynote Post #285

Late night staying around on SEN? :D

Here is something I have been working on, and in the back is an attempt at a backwards staircase, in case you don't see it.

None.

Aug 2 2008, 12:24 am Jello-Jigglers Post #286

The back is nice. The front, on the otherhand, looks.... forced? Idk but the back is good.

Here's what i've been working on. *Jello moves focus from jungle to ice*

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee21/Jello-Jigglers/StackedOutpost.png

None.

Aug 2 2008, 12:44 am stickynote Post #287

Well, it's hard to find stuff that blends with those ruins holes. I wanted the cliff to seem forced into the ground, though.

As for yours, I like it. However, the back doesn't really look stacked, but more like an improper height ramp.

None.

Aug 2 2008, 12:55 am Jello-Jigglers Post #288

Quote from stickynote
Well, it's hard to find stuff that blends with those ruins holes. I wanted the cliff to seem forced into the ground, though.

As for yours, I like it. However, the back doesn't really look stacked, but more like an improper height ramp.
ah well it isn't a ramp because I already have a ramp worked out for it :)

And this is the other thing:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee21/Jello-Jigglers/Outposttograss.png
Not to great but ya it's improvement.

None.

Aug 2 2008, 2:27 am Falkoner Post #289

Oooh, pretty terrain :P I love seeing basic Ice blends come about, maybe I'll have to add some ice tutorials to my website, although with ice it seems like, rather than being logic, it's just finding the right tiles.

None.

Aug 2 2008, 2:59 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #290

Quote from Falkoner
Oooh, pretty terrain :P I love seeing basic Ice blends come about, maybe I'll have to add some ice tutorials to my website, although with ice it seems like, rather than being logic, it's just finding the right tiles.
I'd love to make a basic Ice compilation map with stuff I've found for ya:) Here's some new stuff:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee21/Jello-Jigglers/Bridge-land.png
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee21/Jello-Jigglers/DirttoOutposttoIce.png

And, it's not really a ramp, but it's walkable so the function is there:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee21/Jello-Jigglers/Outpostbackramp.png

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 2 2008, 3:38 pm by Jello-Jigglers.

None.

Aug 2 2008, 4:44 pm Falkoner Post #291

Oooh, I especially love that dirt to outpost, it's much less blocky than the other attempts at it I've seen. And yes, I'd love to get a compilation map :) Sorry, but that backwards ramp isn't good enough for the HoF :( If anyone disagrees, please speak up :)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 2 2008, 4:49 pm by Falkoner.

None.

Aug 2 2008, 8:23 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #292

Quote from Falkoner
Oooh, I especially love that dirt to outpost, it's much less blocky than the other attempts at it I've seen. And yes, I'd love to get a compilation map :) Sorry, but that backwards ramp isn't good enough for the HoF :( If anyone disagrees, please speak up :)
it's not really a ramp, but its all there is... There aren't enough doodads to make one, I got one started and it look worse than this. And I agree it shouldn't be in the hof.
Ill stater working on an ice map for ya :)

Edit:
A small addition:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee21/Jello-Jigglers/ShortOutpostWall.png

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 2 2008, 9:13 pm by Jello-Jigglers.

None.

Aug 4 2008, 1:11 am stickynote Post #293

That small outpost wall is, I find, pretty cool. It's like a little fence. How does vision look in game?

None.

Aug 4 2008, 1:41 am Jello-Jigglers Post #294

Quote from stickynote
That small outpost wall is, I find, pretty cool. It's like a little fence. How does vision look in game?
I hadn't thought about that. I'll check :)

None.

Aug 4 2008, 2:21 am stickynote Post #295

Following a hall of fame trend started by Jello, I will post some ice stuff. This is really simple, but it's a short outpost cliff to ice.

None.

Aug 4 2008, 3:00 am Hitok1r1 Post #296

Quote from stickynote
Following a hall of fame trend started by Jello, I will post some ice stuff. This is really simple, but it's a short outpost cliff to ice.

Looks very nice. Is that blend part of a ramp? :lol:

None.

Aug 4 2008, 5:01 am Jello-Jigglers Post #297

Quote from stickynote

That's a good transition.

None.

Aug 4 2008, 5:06 am Jello-Jigglers Post #298

I'm sure this has been done before but this is my take on it. I think of it as like trolley tracks or a monorail ya know?

*Editing link*

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 4 2008, 1:02 pm by Jello-Jigglers.

None.

Aug 4 2008, 2:42 pm Falkoner Post #299

I love those little mini walls :P

Also, nice job sticky, is it walkthroughable? It kinda looks like it.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 4 2008, 2:48 pm by Falkoner.

None.

Aug 4 2008, 5:16 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #300

Quote from Falkoner

I love those little mini walls :P

Also, nice job sticky, is it walkthroughable? It kinda looks like it.
No. It has the outpost wall on the backside. But you could walk on top of it lol.

Installation Pipes:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee21/Jello-Jigglers/InstallationPipes1.png
(make sure you maximize the window and view the full size or it can look weird lol. Oh and the top left is 100% and the top right and bottom left ar 150%)
This just shows all the different patterns and stuff you can do with this little blend. I'm sure I'm not the first to do this but, meh. It's nice cause the aren't many different terrain layers in Installations so you could use this as your own layer if you wanted.

And applied:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee21/Jello-Jigglers/Subway.png

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 4 2008, 5:21 pm by Jello-Jigglers.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 13 14 15 16 1733 >
  Back to forum