Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Good 51

87%
None.
Bad 8

14%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 59 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Jun 6 2008, 7:31 pm Brontobyte Post #21

I will have to put this on hold for 30 days. :-( My dad is evil and is taking meh computer (tower) away and bringing it to work, to prevent me from going on. Too bad he forgot to bring it today. :) I will do my best to appear here from time to time on other computers. I just would like to mention that the Zerg Mineral Hack detection works and now I am placing in the EUD triggers that will cause a disconnect of all the players if one of the is using map hack. I had hoped to release this today but I am not sure if my tower will be here later tonight. If it is, you can bet that I will be at map night. :) Hope to see you there. :P

None.

Jun 6 2008, 7:32 pm Excalibur Post #22

The sword and the faith

I really hope the terrain is at least somewhat balanced, thats my main concern. Id really like you to run it past BeDazed or myself even to check it for you.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jun 6 2008, 7:37 pm Brontobyte Post #23

Quote from Excalibur
I really hope the terrain is at least somewhat balanced, thats my main concern. Id really like you to run it past BeDazed or myself even to check it for you.

I currently have the basic copy and pasted version of Big Game Hunters. I have not done anything to the terrain yet but I plan on it. I don't really want anything too custom because I have noticed in many custom terrain maps that the smaller units have trouble walking in places that they should have no trouble walking in. I will do something though and pass it on to you for inspection. :bleh:

EDIT: I'm back in the game! ;o turns out it was a false alarm. *starts heart again* I will do my best to get the triggers ready for ~7pm-ish tonight. Hope to see you all there. :)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 6 2008, 8:16 pm by Brontobyte.

None.

Jun 6 2008, 10:46 pm New-Guy Post #24

Well, I'm looking forward to a Phantom game that doesn't have a boring map. BGH get's pretty boring after 30 games on it...

None.

Jun 6 2008, 10:46 pm Falkoner Post #25

Lol, he's making it BGH :P

None.

Jun 6 2008, 10:51 pm Excalibur Post #26

The sword and the faith

I think if anything, release it on multiple terrains. Maybe one for each tileset?

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jun 6 2008, 11:45 pm Brontobyte Post #27

Quote from Excalibur
I think if anything, release it on multiple terrains. Maybe one for each tileset?

That would be a good idea. I would want to get a basic terrain template. I suck at uneven terrain, so if you or anyone else would submit a map or a picture of some sorts, feel free. I'm still in the trigger phase. :crazy:

None.

Jun 7 2008, 1:19 am Vi3t-X Post #28

Use the ultimate tool to get rid of hacks. THE PATCH! (by blizzard...)

None.

Jun 7 2008, 1:36 am Brontobyte Post #29

Quote from Vi3t-X
Use the ultimate tool to get rid of hacks. THE PATCH! (by blizzard...)

PFFFT! This so called "ultimate tool" takes too long to come true. Any ways I already have the Hacking triggers created and detectable. All I need now is the initial disabled sprite/center screen, and the basics for the normal Phantom game play, along with some terrain. I will be watching the Terrain Ladder for pieces and Falkoner's terrain .zip file. :)

None.

Jun 7 2008, 3:01 am Excalibur Post #30

The sword and the faith

Quote from Brontobyte
Quote from Excalibur

That would be a good idea. I would want to get a basic terrain template. I suck at uneven terrain, so if you or anyone else would submit a map or a picture of some sorts, feel free. I'm still in the trigger phase. :crazy:

You have my sword. Ill get to work now, and if you have any idea of what you want specificly, draw it up in paint and ill try to work it into a balanced 8p map.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jun 7 2008, 3:06 am Brontobyte Post #31

Quote from Excalibur
You have my sword. Ill get to work now, and if you have any idea of what you want specificly, draw it up in paint and ill try to work it into a balanced 8p map.

Thanks! Only one thing. Creativity is one thing, going over the edge is another. :bleh:

None.

Jun 7 2008, 8:49 pm Excalibur Post #32

The sword and the faith

Beta for twilight terrain:

Im going to do a lot of tweaks and doodad it before its ready. :3

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jun 7 2008, 10:56 pm Brontobyte Post #33

Quote from Excalibur
Beta for twilight terrain:

Im going to do a lot of tweaks and doodad it before its ready. :3

I need a new pare of boxers. xC. AWESOME! GREAT! I love it!

None.

Jun 7 2008, 11:00 pm Falkoner Post #34

Ex makes the best Melee maps... I WANT MOAR!

None.

Jun 7 2008, 11:04 pm Brontobyte Post #35

Quote from Falkoner
Ex makes the best Melee maps... I WANT MOAR!

I agree! I love how it is symmetrical and still retains its awesome melee-ness.

None.

Jun 7 2008, 11:08 pm Falkoner Post #36

All his maps are like that, super symmetrical, totally balanced, great looking terrain, and fun to play at, I love symmetrical melee maps, I don't get why people seem to think symmetrical is bad..

None.

Jun 8 2008, 10:37 pm Brontobyte Post #37

The only potential problem I see with this map is the resources. I don't think there is enough for each expo and for each of the main bases... I could be wrong. I also love how you implemented an "X" shape with the main bases on each of the four tips of the "X" just as I asked. :P I saw one of blizzards maps that had this feature and I loved it... 256x256? It looks like 192x192.

None.

Jun 8 2008, 11:32 pm Excalibur Post #38

The sword and the faith

Its 256x256 and im currently re-doing a lot of the map. The mains were too akwardly shaped and placed so i re-did them, and now i have to sit down and doodad the whole damn thing, which is a nightmare and a half. But i will finish it. In the meantime im trying to think of some new designs for other tilesets. If you have any ideas, feel free to MSPaint it up and ill see what i can do with it.

Also i thank you both for all your praise, but its Broodwarmaps.net thats that good. Im just a Maplantian trying to get to their standards. :P

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jun 8 2008, 11:57 pm Brontobyte Post #39

Ah, so modest... Anywho, I will plan on creating some type of system so that you can customize the resource nodes and gas nodes for each game. Instead of "Easy" or "Challenge" it shall be "Expo +1000" "Expo -1000" and "Base +1000" "Base -1000". If any of you have a better idea or more ideas for the game feel free to let me know. All of the anti hacking system triggers are working, I just need a disabled unit that does not create a sprite, but crashes the game when looked at. The wiki is currently down for that article... :-(

None.

Jun 9 2008, 7:30 pm Paravin. Post #40

BGH has to have the most repulsive terrain there is in Starcraft.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >
  Back to forum