Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: Thor Ability - Lift Off
Thor Ability - Lift Off
May 9 2008, 2:38 am
By: KrayZee  

May 12 2008, 12:27 am Vi3t-X Post #21

Quote from Rantent
It should lift off, and shoot while in air, and also move twice as fast when flying. And be able to instantly kill anything across the map with lasers.
Case Solved?

None.

May 12 2008, 2:47 am KrayZee Post #22

Quote from Syphon
Quote from name:Urmom(U)
Quote from Syphon
Quote from name:KrAzY
Quote from Syphon
Here's a better idea, make it able to wade through water. Having it liftable is so imbalanced it's not even funny.
What you're saying is that the Thor will be the very first unit in the whole StarCraft universe to ever move on water? I don't think so especially since it's very heavy and it might as well sink to the bottom of the ocean, burned by magma, malfunctioning on Tar, and falling through Space. And besides, you did not even state why the Thor is imbalanced. Hell, I even counter argued 'loof' in the Battle Net forums. Click the link I've put up on the top of my first post.

Because if it could lift off basically NOTHING could kill it?
Uh, what? It wouldn't be able to attack while lifted off, just move.

Exactly. The only way to kill it as it is is to swarm it, and once you move away from the swarm you can just bring it back to your base.
Isn't that the purpose of the core gameplay of StarCraft II?

None.

May 14 2008, 4:00 am marxel Post #23

I believe this is balanced enough. It's slow when it's on air and it can't attack, so what's the problem of this loof?

None.

May 14 2008, 6:57 am KrayZee Post #24

Quote from marxel
I believe this is balanced enough. It's slow when it's on air and it can't attack, so what's the problem of this loof?
The same goes to amko820. He made giant wall of text of off topic, ignoring my points, not even understanding StarCraft II's gameplay from pages 2 to 4.

None.

May 14 2008, 5:54 pm marxel Post #25

It seems that the newbies like me who overpopulate SeN are much, much more smarter than most of them people there.

Ontopic:

make a long transforming animation before it actually takes off. Something that looks like he is putting his thrusters in position. While in this animation the Thor is completely vulnerable to ground troops (unable to attack). This would make this ability to be mainly for transportation and less for running away. When landing, the same animation should be used, backward off course.

This. What else could the Thor do? Sit there and then just magically err whoosh up? Sorry if I sound crazy or mixed up but it's a bit late here where I live and my mind is not what you call organized. Right now.

EDIT:
Holy shit I just read the whole thread. We should search for some Anon that cares and ask them to call the partyvan over to that amko820. Oh and sorry about my /b/shit. Still haven't slept.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 14 2008, 6:52 pm by marxel.

None.

May 14 2008, 7:34 pm KrayZee Post #26

Yes, this is unfucking believable. Amko820 is a pure moron that acts European and thinks that I'm an idiot. He asks me to send one of my friends in the discussion, in which Clokr_ represents. If I were to login into a different username and agree with my original name, I can guarantee that he will be in a happier mood but still disagreeing.

And the fact is, he basically revealed his vile ignorance, stupidity and arrogance. Yet, he calls what I found his weak points through his arguments 'irrelevant'. He is just a big troll who seeks debates as he clearly stated.

None.

Options
  Back to forum