Piclens.
May 7 2008, 12:19 am
By: Nintendo_Confed  

May 11 2008, 3:45 am Praetor Post #21

layin' in the cut

No, its not just my computer. I researched it and that is how I determined it was piclens in the first place.

Motion is very laggy- 10-15 second wait to switch between windows within motion. It is the only program affected. istat says windowserver is eating a ton of processor power. Anyone have any ideas?

Do you have PicLens installed?

Why, is there some know issue with PicLens?

Hey I was experiencing the same problem. I also have PicLens installed and I don't want to delete it because it is a good program. Will deleting it solve the problem?

hi,
well some third party add ons and plugins will cause problems with the system. I cannot afford to chance installing anything till I know its sefe. If Piclens is causing the problems you will have to decide whether you want a 3D browsing experience or whether you want to work effectively.

I've having the exact problem too. Almost makes the computer useless actually. I'm frustrated that it caused so many problems in web browsing and just overall choppiness.

so there you have it, I'm not the only one.

this too shall pass

May 11 2008, 3:49 am dumbducky Post #22

[citation needed]

Where did you get that from?

tits

May 11 2008, 3:59 am Praetor Post #23

layin' in the cut

tech support forum

this too shall pass

May 11 2008, 5:36 am frazz Post #24

Quote from Falkoner
Well, it works fine for me, how much RAM do you have? 40-60% of a 100 MB RAM computer isn't saying much :P
The nice thing about Macs is that they don't suck.

To everyone saying "lol no" to Praetor's problem, shut up.
Just because you don't have this problem doesn't mean he doesn't either. If it was a common problem it would likely have been fixed.
You all (most likely) do not have Macs, making your windows based knowledge less applicable.
Your demand for citations (dumbducky) is undue. His claim should not seem entirely outrageous, and it's not like it matters that much to you since you do not experience the problem.
If you knew a lot, you'd know that any Mac running OS X is not likely to be at blame for such a problem.

Sorry if I'm being kinda mean, don't take it personally.

Anyway, thanks Praetor, I'll avoid downloading it until I find out more about the problem.

None.

May 11 2008, 5:52 am Praetor Post #25

layin' in the cut

The nice thing about Macs is that they don't suck.

Just because you don't have this problem doesn't mean he doesn't either. If it was a common problem it would likely have been fixed.
You all (most likely) do not have Macs, making your windows based knowledge less applicable.
Your demand for citations (dumbducky) is undue. His claim should not seem entirely outrageous, and it's not like it matters that much to you since you do not experience the problem.
If you knew a lot, you'd know that any Mac running OS X is not likely to be at blame for such a problem.

Anyway, thanks Praetor, I'll avoid downloading it until I find out more about the problem.
;)

BTW I have 1 GB of RAM.

this too shall pass

May 11 2008, 1:02 pm dumbducky Post #26

It wouldn't be hard for him to post a link. That's all anyone wanted.

tits

May 11 2008, 7:46 pm Centreri Post #27

Relatively ancient and inactive

You're forgetting that he asked everyone to uninstall it. If he just said 'hey, it's slow for me' no one would demand citations. Since he's asking us to do something and claiming there's a good reason, we're asking for a source that verifies that this problem exists. No one is saying this problem doesn't exist on his computer - we're saying that this is not a universal problem. And, he can't even provide a link.

Frazz was ownèd.

None.

Options
  Back to forum