Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Forsaken: A Dying Planet
Forsaken: A Dying Planet
May 3 2008, 3:35 am
By: bobwasgod  

May 3 2008, 3:35 am bobwasgod Post #1

(name may change)

Game
A relentless defense that challenges players to work together against a seemingly endless mass of aliens.
Unlike most defenses your main tool here will be spells and ofcourse teamwork (and maybe alittle luck :bang: )
My goal in this game is to create an intense struggle to stay alive that is still very fun to play.
It won't be insanely hard where one screw will kill you, but it will demand some teamwork and your focus.

Story Line (so far)
This planet was once abundant with people and rich in soil but after a devastating war between residents it has become a fiery hell where few exist.

It's began to collapse from its core and only the strongest have survived, for years they have fought eachother for food and territory but now strange new species are appearing to claim the dying planet.

After research a wizard on the planet found it was rich with copuless-- a powerful and rare mineral used for ion cannons and heavy machinery worth untold amounts in any galaxy.

The inhabitants of the planet have decided to work together to fend off the incomming aliens and take the copuless for themselves in hopes to regain the riches they once had.
(I'm not the best story writer, if you have any ideas I'd be happy to hear them)

Basic Map Information
The map is 96x96 with low and high terrain
Tileset: Ash world
Game Type: Defense/Survival
Players: 5
Levels: TBD
Bosses: TBD
Lives: 12 (you and your team share them)

Classes
There will be 5 classes to choose from (this may change to 6)

Savage - (a warrior-type class)
Priest - ( a healer -- though still has fighting abilities)
Caster - ( a wizard type class)
Engineer - (a builder-type class)
Summoner - (a summoner-type class..... duh o.o)
POSSIBLE 6TH : Druid - (can change into other species and has powers within the earth)

Each class will have a set of skills (between 6 and 12)

If you die you will be able to change your character to another ::: Each person can only do this twice per game :::

Skills
They will soon be listed here, once I finish all the ideas.
If you have any ideas you want to share that'd be great
Each player will have a nexus which will be how they cast their skills.
Each class will have a list of skills to use, they cost MP (all the ways you can regain MP besides waiting are not yet decided)
This concept isn't 100% complete yet, I want something innovative but easy to understand.

Enemies
There will be a timer, after each timer is up a new swarm of enemies will appear, they will NOT always spawn in the same area and will often spawn in more than one
There will be bosses though i am not yet sure on the exact amount, they will be much stronger than regular enemies and will have spells of their own.
Killing enemies will raise your MP faster

Undecided
I have not yet figured out all of the skills so I won't post them yet, but I will post some of them tomorrow and hopefully all of them soon after
I may or may not add the addition of gaining EXP to be able to use more powerful spells
I don't know how many levels there will be yet, but it will most likely be around 25 (making games too long causes people to leave)

Pics

I'll add in-game pics once I get more done
I may change the terrain abit more but nothing dramatically different...

Log
Things i've added or fixed -- will usually be updated daily

Demo
Not for a while

None.

May 4 2008, 5:33 am Oyen Post #2

Sounds intriguing. Although, I do find it kind of strange that you are lumping futuristic aliens and mideval classes(wizards, summoners, etc.) in the same map.
Anyway, how will players cast spells using a nexus?

None.

Options
  Back to forum