Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Medic Heal Ability
Medic Heal Ability
Apr 29 2008, 7:20 pm
By: Brontobyte
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

May 1 2008, 7:44 pm NudeRaider Post #41

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

A computer controlled medic will try to reach any allied unit all over the map when it can be seen by the player controlling the medic. It's independent from the medic's own visual range.
When the medic is owned by a human player, however, she will follow a wounded unit when it's about 3 tiles or less away.

May 2 2008, 11:19 am Wormer Post #42

Quote from Vi3t-X
Here is the thing that is unique about SCVs

They are both Mechanical and Biological as NudeRaider has stated.
True.
Quote from Vi3t-X
A Medic can heal Biological, Non-Mechanical Units.
Medic heals biological units, however she doesn't bother if it is mechanical.

Quote from Vi3t-X
BUT due to maybe a scripting error or just a thing put in there by Blizzard, the SCV is Mechanical AND Biological AND can be healed...
That way I suppose there is no scripting error.

P.S.
Heh an interesting fact... The terran is an average race between the protoss and the zerg. Protoss have mechanical workers, zerg have biological when the terran's workers are both mechanical and biological which is something average between the poross's and the zerg's. :)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 2 2008, 11:24 am by Wormer.

Some.

May 2 2008, 11:30 am Vi3t-X Post #43

Then explain this:

The Goliath is internally biological, it can be broodlingfied (:O NEW WROD). But cannot be healed
The SCV is also internally biological, it can also be broodlingfied and healed...

None.

May 2 2008, 1:16 pm Wormer Post #44

Well, mabe I am not right. SC says (when trying to heal wrong unit) that the heal affects ground non-mechanical units, but I suspect it is actually biological (or organic units) that heal affects.

Quote from Vi3t-X
Then explain this:

The Goliath is internally biological, it can be broodlingfied (:O NEW WROD). But cannot be healed
The SCV is also internally biological, it can also be broodlingfied and healed...
That way you may say that Dragoon, Tank, Vulture are internally biological. When trying to broodlingfy the wrong unit SC says that it is affectig non-robotic groud units. Archons seem to be the single exception.

Some.

May 2 2008, 4:17 pm NudeRaider Post #45

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Vi3t-X
Then explain this:

omg what a elaborated discussion about such a simple thing....
units in sc have flags about their type (e.g. bio, robot, mech, etc.) If any of those flags apply you can cast the respective spell on it. However some spells require the unit to be ground too - consider it an extra condition.
Usually units have only 1 of the type flags checked, obvious exception is the scv which has 2. (whether this is intended or not is both irrelevant and beyond our grasp)
Btw. if I'm not mistaken probes are not mechanical, but robotic (= non broodable).
Btw.2 Goliaths are ONLY mech, not bio. You may imagine that there is a human inside, but the sc engine does not delve in such considerations.

May 2 2008, 5:25 pm Wormer Post #46

Quote from NudeRaider
omg what a elaborated discussion about such a simple thing....
units in sc have flags about their type (e.g. bio, robot, mech, etc.) If any of those flags apply you can cast the respective spell on it. However some spells require the unit to be ground too - consider it an extra condition.
Usually units have only 1 of the type flags checked, obvious exception is the scv which has 2. (whether this is intended or not is both irrelevant and beyond our grasp)
Btw. if I'm not mistaken probes are not mechanical, but robotic (= non broodable).
Btw.2 Goliaths are ONLY mech, not bio. You may imagine that there is a human inside, but the sc engine does not delve in such considerations.
:bleh: Yep there are several examples of units wich have two or no flags. Probe is both mechanical and robotocs as far as shuttle, reaver and observer. SCV is mechanical and biological, archons have no flags (I mean no robo nor mech or bio).

Some.

May 2 2008, 9:30 pm Vi3t-X Post #47

An Archon is Everything Put Together!

None.

May 2 2008, 10:26 pm rockz Post #48

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

An archon is nothing. It's not robotic, not biological, not mechanical. Now what I don't get is where the "floating" flag is for scvs, archons, and vultures.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

May 2 2008, 10:33 pm Vi3t-X Post #49

SCV = Worker, no need for floating flag :><:
Archons dont float! They have feet!
Vultures... ok, maybe they might float, but I still think they run on tracks.

None.

May 2 2008, 11:15 pm KrayZee Post #50

Since people are talking about the death animations, guess what you guys have never thought of? I may have seen this years ago, I can still see it again. Blizzard was so lazy designing sprites, a marine death animation can be seen when a defiler casts plague. Along with the queen's ensnare, just colored green. And I'm positive, anybody can clearly see that the plague contains a marine death animation. ^^

None.

May 2 2008, 11:33 pm Vi3t-X Post #51

*Checks quickly*

I think I saw it, not sure though.

None.

May 2 2008, 11:55 pm KrayZee Post #52

The screenshot doesn't justify it, but you can clearly see the Marine's helmet and visor (Like the actual Marine Death) detaches the body and land to the right in our point of view. Check the animation yourself though. I'm 100% positive that resembles the Marine Death animation. No doubts.

None.

May 3 2008, 1:59 am rockz Post #53

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from Vi3t-X
Archons dont float! They have feet!
Vultures... ok, maybe they might float, but I still think they run on tracks.
They don't set off spider mines.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

May 3 2008, 7:32 am NudeRaider Post #54

Quote from Vi3t-X
Oh, you mean it would be ok if your terran enemy could just lay 1 mine at your mining operation and all your workers die?

All 'information' you posted in this thread lately is bs or useless, so are your questions. pls stop. -thx

May 3 2008, 8:18 am Vi3t-X Post #55

Technically the SCV floats, yes. TECHNICALLY. But does it have a flag? No. Discussion dissolved.
Archons don't set off spider mines? Really? (No, seriously, I'm not sure, but I beleive they do)
Same thing with vultures. I remember them triggering spider mines...

None.

May 3 2008, 9:29 am Kenoli Post #56

Spider mines don't target floating units, but their splash can damage them if they happen to be near one when it explodes.

None.

May 3 2008, 11:13 am NudeRaider Post #57

Quote from Vi3t-X
Technically the SCV floats, yes. TECHNICALLY. But does it have a flag? No. Discussion dissolved.
Archons don't set off spider mines? Really? (No, seriously, I'm not sure, but I beleive they do)
Same thing with vultures. I remember them triggering spider mines...
Again nonsense. All workers, (dark) archons and vultures DO float so they DON'T set off mines (though they can be hit by mine splash as Kenoli said).
And speaking technically there MUST be some flag telling sc that they float or sc wouldn't know.
There is no flag you can change with an editor however (like you cannot change a unit's type from bio to mech), but I guess it could be edited by means of modding.

May 3 2008, 2:06 pm rockz Post #58

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

I looked through datedit and couldn't find a thing related to it. Do drones and probes float too? I assume they do, but I know for a fact archons/vults/scvs do.

May 3 2008, 3:29 pm NudeRaider Post #59

All workers do. It would be pretty imba to play vs a terran that goes fast vult/mines if your workers wouldn't float.

May 3 2008, 4:13 pm Vi3t-X Post #60

Whatever, this was about the Medic's heal ability. How it turned into an SCV discussion... wow...

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum