Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: Damage Tankers
Damage Tankers
Apr 25 2008, 6:26 am
By: candle12345
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Apr 27 2008, 1:03 am BeDazed Post #21

This is from the PoV of an average SC player who spends more time UMSing than meleeing, we shouldn't need large amounts of micro to defeat a foe using less micro than us!
You're retarded. If you want to prove that I have a pov who does UMS more than melee, then you should 1v1 me asap and decide who makes better decisions in a melee. Terrans were always micro heavy race, as in going against lurkers with marines, vultures and tanks versus protoss, SKterran. Stimmed marines attack 2 times per second. Besides that, Medics exist to heal marines as fast as a roach can to itself. Also, Ghost sniping is a passive autocast ability in SC2. Roaches would get annihilated pretty quickly.

None.

Apr 27 2008, 12:11 pm candle12345 Post #22

So, those of us who would rather not go into multiplayer, and simply play the campaign, will have to brush up on a ton of micro skills before we get started?

None.

Apr 27 2008, 12:51 pm BeDazed Post #23

Skills don't change right away. Theres no such thing as a warm-up. Wednesday might work for me.

None.

Apr 27 2008, 5:31 pm ClansAreForGays Post #24

wait roaches are ranged?! Then even they do focus fire, you just pull that one back for a 2 seconds. rigged. I just don't see someone losing with lings+roaches. roaches soak while lings deal their crazy damage. Even when u focus fire on the roaches, that's alot of time you are giving to the lings to chew you up.

Apr 27 2008, 5:38 pm KrayZee Post #25

Quote from ClansAreForGays
wait roaches are ranged?! Then even they do focus fire, you just pull that one back for a 2 seconds. rigged. I just don't see someone losing with lings+roaches. roaches soak while lings deal their crazy damage. Even when u focus fire on the roaches, that's alot of time you are giving to the lings to chew you up.
The way you say it makes Stalkers a very useful counter attack to the Roaches. Also, Marauders fires out grenades so it's very useful against the Roaches. Not to mention that Ghosts can snipe Roaches instant kill. Both Banshees and Battlecruisers' plasma torpedoes can easily wipe the Roaches out. A lot of Siege Tanks can handle Roaches too.

None.

Apr 27 2008, 6:54 pm ClansAreForGays Post #26

It's so funny how you list some those much higher tiered units as solutions to the very early roach.

Apr 27 2008, 7:11 pm KrayZee Post #27

Best of all, what Blizzard stated in the early run, will be a bunch of marines on focus fire.

None.

Apr 27 2008, 10:10 pm BeDazed Post #28

Marines, firebats, and medics. Maybe some reapers going around the back to kill'em drones. Voila gg.

None.

Apr 28 2008, 11:40 pm JordanN Post #29

What would happen if it's medics and roaches, together? :crazy:
Instant, GG.

None.

Apr 29 2008, 12:01 am Vi3t-X Post #30

...Roaches heal fast, whats the need for a medic? :bleh:

1000 Ghost x 1000 Nuke = Instant GG.

None.

May 2 2008, 6:38 am KrayZee Post #31

Quote from JordanN
What would happen if it's medics and roaches, together? :crazy:
Instant, GG.
There's no use for medics if roaches can easily regenerate 15 hp per second while the medic heals 5 per second. And I'm also positive that the Planetary Fortress can rip roaches apart pretty good. And all you need is an Engineering Bay. Correct me if I'm wrong.

None.

May 2 2008, 11:21 pm Vi3t-X Post #32

You are correct. It indeed alows the activation of the upgrade into a planetary fotress, but it loses it's ability to fly. Would be funny if you had a flying cc with turrets. NEW TYPE OF UNIT!

Also, do you really expect to have a planetary fortress at your front lines?

None.

May 2 2008, 11:45 pm KrayZee Post #33

If it's the main Command Center where you start with, of course it should be the least likely to lift off. Base colonies are only the good spots to lift your Command Center away from destruction. A flying Command Center with the planetary fortress still active sounds awesome! :lol:

None.

May 3 2008, 2:07 am Vi3t-X Post #34

Planetary Fortress is a permanent transformation. Liftoff is disabled, sensor tower is disabled.

None.

Jun 4 2008, 7:12 am ejac1337 Post #35

Yeah, I was surprised when I heard the roach had a hp regen of 15/sec. I don't think that's an issue though. Saying it has no more than 150 hp (It has 90 hp last I heard), all it would take is 3 seige tanks shots simultaneously to kill it. The protoss in general do high dammage attacks so it wouldn't take great micro skills to kill the roaches. Also, while I don't know exactly how fast medics heal, it's pretty damn quick and they're not much of a nuissance.

The immortal is quite different from the roach. In fact, it is quite the opposite. The roach is good at killing lower tier stuff while the immortal would be good at killing higher tier stuff. If sc2 is anything like sc1, you will always have lower tier units supporting your higher tier units. The lower tier units, not being effected by the immortals special shield. Nukes may be used a lot more in sc2 since the ghost is supposedly going to be a much more useful unit and the fact that the 'shadow ops' building is that place you keep the nuke instead of an addon for the cc. The fact nukes only do 10 dammage to immortals, mixed oppinions but on the whole, whatever, it'll make the game more interesting.

None.

Jun 4 2008, 5:56 pm grAffe Post #36

It should stop regaining HP when it's being attacked.

None.

Jun 4 2008, 8:23 pm chuiu Post #37

Quote from grAffe
That would be nice but I don't know about adding these sort of rpg elements to a game. I don't even like its regen to begin with. If Blizzard gave it higher armor I wouldn't mind as much but fast regen is just dumb.

None.

Jun 7 2008, 5:09 am FatalException Post #38

Quote from name:Ejac
Yeah, I was surprised when I heard the roach had a hp regen of 15/sec. I don't think that's an issue though. Saying it has no more than 150 hp (It has 90 hp last I heard), all it would take is 3 seige tanks shots simultaneously to kill it. The protoss in general do high dammage attacks so it wouldn't take great micro skills to kill the roaches. Also, while I don't know exactly how fast medics heal, it's pretty damn quick and they're not much of a nuissance.
How are you going to have three siege tanks in tier 1.5? You'll have an academy by then, those don't make tanks... Besides, siege tank cooldown is slow. As for the medics, they healed slower than the roaches regenerated, and medics aren't even in the game anymore. Replaced with medivac dropships.

None.

Jun 8 2008, 1:43 am Impeached Post #39

Play the game before discussing all the balances and fine-tuning of it.

Even if it is imbalanced as many say, I'm sure it'll quickly be changed during their extensive testing.

None.

Jun 8 2008, 11:45 am MadZombie Post #40

Quote from chuiu
Quote from grAffe
That would be nice but I don't know about adding these sort of rpg elements to a game.

whut does it matter? i mean with the new powerful editor, rightttttt?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum