Staredit Network > Forums > Media, Art, and Literature > Topic: Rate my Original Artwork
Rate my Original Artwork
Aug 28 2007, 5:16 pm
By: JordanN
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 813 >

Mar 31 2008, 12:50 am JordanN Post #101

Heh, this topic has lost a lot inactivity for some time. Ah whatever.

Anyways, after practicing and practicing for days on end on drawing, I've finally passed a cornerstone on my drawing skills. Instead of that cartoony,blocky,uneven stuff, I now started adapting to the styles of manga art. The only thing is ,which sets apart cartoon from manga is that manga includes alot more steps and well can be a pain to draw altogether. But, the finish product looks highly more professional and detailed. So, I chose to go that road considering it's quite a popular method people have been using for some time.

So after reading manga art drawing reference books and practicing drawing different parts of the body, I bring them all together into one piece(no pun intended). My test subject/mascot. Cilly Cillianno. Here's the unfinished draft I have so far and when I mean unfinished, I mean not complete. :|

Notice theres no facial parts,feet,completed hair or completed hands. Those, I'm still working on. So far, I'm proud of my progress. From grade 1 stubby circle sketches to grade 9 somewhat detailed bodies.

None.

Mar 31 2008, 12:00 pm Syphon Post #102

Practice a few dozen more days on end. I guess I'll post the last thing I drew. 6 months ago. The swan song records logo.

It's not finished in this one... But I gave it to a friend of mine and she keeps it at school so I can't get a proper scan. I made some parts darker and fixed hair perspective.

None.

Apr 1 2008, 3:05 am HolySin Post #103

A sketch using, of course, iScribble.

None.

Apr 5 2008, 12:06 am JordanN Post #104

Do you use a graphic tablet to draw that on the computer because personally, I sometimes find it ridiculous (in a funny way) how people can draw stuff like that with just a mouse. Because the mouse is quite hard to keep control with.

None.

Apr 5 2008, 4:52 am HolySin Post #105

Yes, I'm using a Wacom Tablet. I can do the same thing with a mouse, but it would just take a lot long than usual.

None.

Apr 5 2008, 6:17 am Corbo Post #106

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Free hand sketching for the win!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vu9orvtStdY

fuck you all

Apr 6 2008, 5:59 am Syphon Post #107

Quote from HolySin
Yes, I'm using a Wacom Tablet. I can do the same thing with a mouse, but it would just take a lot long than usual.

That was with a tablet?

I thought you were really good with a mouse, but now my opinion changes. :P

None.

Apr 6 2008, 8:07 am HolySin Post #108

All of my iScribble drawings are with a tablet.

All drawings previous to that were done with a mouse.

None.

Apr 10 2008, 7:15 am HolySin Post #109

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 10 2008, 4:32 pm by HolySin.

None.

Apr 10 2008, 7:53 pm Hug A Zergling Post #110

I should draw deerwhale :bleh:

None.

Apr 10 2008, 9:07 pm JordanN Post #111

Heres 2 pages of some rough draft gull sketches I drew in animation class apart of my animation assignment.

And heres the completed rough draft of the 8-year old girl I drew, Cillianno.
Note* Disfiguration of paper is from the scanner. Also fixed some mistakes from previous sketch.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 10 2008, 9:15 pm by JordanN.

None.

Apr 11 2008, 12:01 am Syphon Post #112

1/10
2/10
0/10

None.

Apr 11 2008, 7:55 am Corbo Post #113

In the first one the fish is actually a nice looking shape.
But just nice.

fuck you all

Apr 11 2008, 10:30 am Hercanic Post #114

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

Dear HolySin:
Great work, especially in post #103. I like the stylized exaggeration of her head proportions.

Dear Jordan:
Hey, keep at it. That's what it takes to improve. The seagulls are looking pretty good. On the girl, obviously anime-styling, but the eyes are overly close together and the head is very long, which compounded together gives a very odd look.

Dear Wizard:
Very nice, particularly the first anime girl, Vita. Great linework, nice composition (maybe a some kind of emotion, though?), professional quality. The belt buckle is wonky, though. Second piece is obviously rough, with mutant chubby fingers. =o)

Dear RoryFenrir:
I really dig the Star Destroyer, though it looks like you got a bit carried away with the deep shadow on the right side where the shield deflectors stand. The prisma color nuke is interestingly organic in its rounded layers of color. I like it.

Dear Cob:
Nurture that creativity. Also, the pen can be a great tool. My friend Phillip is testament to that.

Dear everyone:
I guess I'll add something to the pot.

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Apr 11 2008, 10:52 am by Hercanic.

Apr 11 2008, 7:19 pm Dapperdan Post #115

Quote from Hercanic

That is fucking awesome dude. I can't say much about the technical drawing of it, but I love the creativity. It looks like a sketch for something to be imported into a movie.

None.

Apr 11 2008, 11:19 pm Syphon Post #116

The technical drawing is excellent for the most part, though it lacks shading. I want to draw it now. Where's my pencil.

None.

Apr 12 2008, 6:06 am Corbo Post #117

The technical drawing isn't good at all. Lacks shadows, pencil quality, volumetry between many things that I will stop to mention because if I don't I'll start with one of my bastard analysis.
And unless that thing is flying while producing flames or something it MUST have a projected land shadow.
Second look, it does have a suggested pencil quality but my guess is that he didn't use different pencil graduations, I stand with that unless he says otherwise.

fuck you all

Apr 12 2008, 8:34 am Syphon Post #118

Quote from Corbo
The technical drawing isn't good at all. Lacks shadows, pencil quality, volumetry between many things that I will stop to mention because if I don't I'll start with one of my bastard analysis.
And unless that thing is flying while producing flames or something it MUST have a projected land shadow.
Second look, it does have a suggested pencil quality but my guess is that he didn't use different pencil graduations, I stand with that unless he says otherwise.

"Although it lacks shading"

As a sketch, it is technically sound.

None.

Apr 12 2008, 6:15 pm Corbo Post #119

So... you draw a sketch and the basic rules & concepts of design & drawing don't apply just because you drew an sketch?

fuck you all

Apr 12 2008, 7:21 pm Phobos Post #120

Are you sure about that?

I like the Hercanic's Original Artwork. At first sight it looks simple, but it is more complex than it seems.

It's halfway between the drawing of a real picture and anime... Yes, I suck at shading, please, do not remind. Oh, also, it is unrelated to emo (now Corbo is around, I must emphasize this), since I know this person, and she really HATES them... What else should I say about it... Right, um, it was taken with a camera, not a scanner, hence the blueness, and the shines in the hair are there because of the room's ilumination. I wish it did not have those reflections, but I could not find the right place to take the picture... Opinions?

EDIT: The fingers are wrong. They are fixed in the latter version I own in real life, but I have not taken any more pictures for now.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Apr 12 2008, 7:46 pm by Phobos.

this is signature

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 813 >
  Back to forum