Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Dynarena & Troncraft
Dynarena & Troncraft
Apr 15 2008, 2:47 am
By: General_Raynor  

Apr 15 2008, 2:47 am General_Raynor Post #1

EDIT: New TronCraft Versions (0.98 & 0.99) with lots of improvements! New Screenshots!

Features of 0.99:
- New Tileset (Twilight)
- If there are 3 and 2 players left, speed will increase
- Speed will increase in several steps if there are less than 4 players left
- Bugfixes
- Collsion system improved
- New end: Winner can now kill losers (civs) to defeat them after real game. Not really necessary but satisfieing if someone killed you a lot ;)
- Lots of text changes
- Lots of design improvements (Center text, colors etc)

Features of 0.98:

- Short Intro
- 4 different speeds selectable (i recommend moderate or fast)
- 4 different point limits selectable (3,5,7,9)
- 3 different obstacles (inclusive Preview :) )
- Quickstartsystem (completes undone selections randomly). e.g.you can choose speed "fast" and then activate quickstart system which then gives you a random obstacle and a random point goal.
!!! - Everything is placed in the same coordinate system (players, obstacles, crystals)!!! That means, everything is accurate (no guessing like "is that gap broad enough for me":) ).
->>> That allows a good collisionsystem without any flaws.
- Order buffer. You cant kill yourself by producing two firebats in one movementcycle anymore. You will then just do a U turn. Doing U turns and S turns becomes much easier.
- You can now lift your barracks without losing them forever ;)
- After some time your tail will disappear. Looks cool and helps not to reach maplimit.
- Random start positions
- The winner gets a !! Tropy !! ;)
- Up to 7 players can participate. Play it full house without noobs and you will have the party of your life ;)
- Chose between automatic centering of view or control it by yourself (cursor keys are really good for this)

---------------

Soon to come:
- Lots of visual improvments ( e.g. background picture)
- Sounds
- maybe a special ability you activate producing a marine ( not sure yet if it doesnt get too complex for most guys then;) )

---------------

I hope you enjoy playing the map. I really love the way, how exact everything is placed (crystals, players, obstacles all in the same coordinate system). It really allows you to use tactics and be much more strategic than in other tron maps. Hope you think the same way! x)

greetings
General_Raynor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello

I want to present you two of my newer projects im working on. "Simple, funny and special" was the thing i tried to do.

1.) DYNARENA
The first map is called Dynarena. Every player controls a defiler. If you cast a dark swarm, 4 computer controlled units will appear at targeted location, each moving in one direction (noth, south, east, west). If you touch a yellow unit (computer controlled units), you will die. Last man standing wins the game OR the one that has most lifes left when clock expires. The timer is set to 8 minutes, that means, every game lasts at most 8 minutes. There are differen levels you will experience as time goes on. The player with most lifes left will be slowed down and is therefor easier to hit.
I recommend to play it with 5+ players, for it is pure fun then ;) as you can only indirectly kill your enemy, the right placement of your swarm is a big strategical part.
Have fun and good luck :)

2.) TRONCRAFT
You have a zealot and you can only control it indirectly by building either a firebat (hotkey F) or a ghost (hotkey G) to do a 90° left or right turn. The turning depends on the direction you are moving. Moving to the right, doing a right turn, you will end up moving downwards!
You will leave row of crystals as you are moving on the field. Touching the crystals is deadly! Sounds simple, but its hard to master. After some time, your crystal path will disappear. The rules are simple: Be the last man standing and win three rounds!
The Map may be a bit confusing in the beginning due to the special control of your unit. But if you read the Mission Briefing and/or check the Mission objectives it will all become clear for sure!
Again I recommend to play it with 4+ players.

I hope you will enjoy the maps. Please tell me your opinion about them!

greetings
General_Raynor

Edit: Here are some screenshots.

DYNARENA:
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/7485/jpg4oo0.jpg
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/4259/jpg5kr2.jpg

TronCraft:
Everything acts in the same coordinate system.

Collisionsystem in action.

Choose from a variety of game options in a nice environnement.

Rewritten and redesigned text messages make you understand the game.

Someone killed you all the time? You want to take revenge? No problem if you win the game :)

Attachments:
TronCraft0.99.scx
Hits: 0 Size: 78.53kb
Dynarena095.scx
Hits: 3 Size: 50.05kb

Post has been edited 9 time(s), last time on Apr 18 2008, 2:02 am by General_Raynor.

None.

Apr 15 2008, 2:52 am Oyen Post #2

Just so you know, there is already a Tron map.

None.

Apr 15 2008, 3:16 am General_Raynor Post #3

Thanks for the hint, i will look for it. Hope its not exactly the same :)

None.

Apr 15 2008, 3:46 am stickynote Post #4

Maybe the other tron doesn't have your turning system ^^

None.

Apr 15 2008, 3:48 am General_Raynor Post #5

lets hope so ;) I already played some tron like maps where you just got a vulture and move it, but mine is far different.

None.

Apr 15 2008, 4:48 am Oyen Post #6

Actually, there is a version that has the exact same turning system(with an interceptor instead of a zealot), as well as 4 different game modes, 4 different obstacle setups, and 2 different control schemes to choose from(Stargate or Barracks). Players can also choose whether or not to center their screen on their interceptor as it moves. Oh, and it has awesome music too.

Still, good luck with this!

None.

Apr 15 2008, 4:52 am General_Raynor Post #7

Do you have it or do you know where to download it? :)

None.

Apr 15 2008, 6:28 pm Oyen Post #8

Yes I have it, I believe this is it (I'm too tired to check at the moment, but I'm pretty sure this is it).

None.

Apr 15 2008, 6:32 pm Twitch Post #9

Quote from Oyen
Yes I have it, I believe this is it (I'm too tired to check at the moment, but I'm pretty sure this is it).
Also To note on that someone that I would have never thought to make it made it,that being Angelfarto.
Anyways your maps still look good.

None.

Apr 15 2008, 6:38 pm Brontobyte Post #10

I loved Tron! Their is some flaws in the original map though. If you have ever stared at your interceptor as its moving down, and also looked at the perfectly square terrain, you would realize that it was moving offset. If you started at the top and were going down. You would most likely be over ( left or right ) ~2 tiles. I don't know how he made his move system, but its off. :D

None.

Apr 15 2008, 6:50 pm Twitch Post #11

Quote from Brontobyte
I loved Tron! Their is some flaws in the original map though. If you have ever stared at your interceptor as its moving down, and also looked at the perfectly square terrain, you would realize that it was moving offset. If you started at the top and were going down. You would most likely be over ( left or right ) ~2 tiles. I don't know how he made his move system, but its off. :D
I found out it is because ihe is not using a mobile grid system like I though.Farty proved this to me and told me it was a y coordinate system I believe.

None.

Apr 15 2008, 6:55 pm Brontobyte Post #12

Its still never the less a great map. Its fun, requires strategy, its easy, and a whole bunch of other things as well. I downloaded the TronCraft and I will give it a test drive. :crazy: /crashes into wall. :omfg:

Lol! :D

You have lost your barracks. Learn to read.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 15 2008, 7:10 pm by Brontobyte.

None.

Apr 18 2008, 2:10 am General_Raynor Post #13

I would me so happy if you would take a second look at the map troncraft. I worked hard to improve it.
At the moment i am looking for sounds. Have you guys a website or something for free sound samples?

Looking forward to hear your opinion about the map..

greetings
General_Raynor

None.

Options
  Back to forum