Staredit Network > Forums > Technology & Computers > Topic: Hacking...and confusion.
Hacking...and confusion.
Apr 15 2008, 1:05 am
By: Hug A Zergling
Pages: < 1 2 3

Apr 30 2008, 2:45 am omginbd Post #41

Wow, it looks like you guys have most of it covered but with a few key things missing. The best and most informed article I've ever read on the subject is on a site that is shutdown now. :lol:

None.

Apr 30 2008, 6:23 pm Kow Post #42

Also note: Companies that have sensitive information (such as the government or other big businesses) often hire hackers to try to break their codes and machinery, often using black hackers methods, but it's completely legal as permission is given to do so, so that they can fix any holes in their systems. It's a well paying honest job, in my opinion.

None.

May 6 2008, 9:56 pm Matt Burch Post #43

Quote from Brontobyte
Well, on another note, how would you use someones IP address to "hack" , "crack" , or whatever you want to dress it up and call it? How would I like make a box pop up saying: HAI!

NOTE: I don't want directions on how to, because I think that breaks a rule somewhere, I just want to know like: You put it into a command that does blank then you type in "HAI!" and bam!
I did that today at school. Net Send isn't hacking at all. It's a useful way to message people quickly on local networks, so lets just say we're not trying to do this at school. But some schools tell their students to use this..
Code
net send * HAI!

That will tell everyone "Hai!", and will tell them which computer it was from. They will be able to check who was logged in at the time that message was sent, so don't do that, or you'll get in shit, and possibly expelled from certain schools. (They just don't like anybody messing around with command prompt.)

Write the code below in notepad, and save it as Messenger.bat
When you're done that, open it, and enter an IP address from someone else in the same local network, and a message. It didn't work with me at school when I tried it, so I did "*" for the user, and it successfully sent "Hi." to everyone in the "WorkGroup". I haven't gotten into any shit yet, so I don't think it displayed it to anyone lol..
Code
@ echo off
:A
Cls
echo MESSENGER
set /p n=User:
set /p m=Message:
net send %n% %m%
Goto A

Goto control panel, click on administrative tools(switch to classic view) Then click on services. Find messenger service. Open it. You'll see startup type which would be disabled. So click on that and select manual. Now press the start button and apply. Do the same on the remote computer. Until this service is activated on that pc, you won't be able to use this.

Enter an IP address to send it to someone. To get the person's ip address, you do:
Code
ipconfig
in command prompt on [b]their[b] computer. And it's there.
Use that, for "user:" and then whatever you want for "Message".

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on May 6 2008, 10:03 pm by Matt Burch.

None.

May 6 2008, 10:12 pm Syphon Post #44

net send is not a valid command...

None.

May 6 2008, 10:15 pm Matt Burch Post #45

On XP?

None.

May 6 2008, 10:16 pm Falkoner Post #46

Yeah it is, I've used it before, and Matt, usually when they want you to use "net send * HAI!" it's because your lab is in a separate network from the rest of the district/school.

None.

May 6 2008, 10:32 pm Matt Burch Post #47

Okay. That was my first attempt at making a batch file. Fun.

None.

May 6 2008, 10:35 pm Falkoner Post #48

Man, you guys' schools must be really insecure, I was only able to get access to command prompt through command.com, cmd.exe was always blocked, and to get to command.com I had to make a .bat file :P But since I broke Novell there are no limitations anymore :)

None.

May 6 2008, 10:46 pm Matt Burch Post #49

Be careful what you do, some schools are quite strict about this kind of stuff. One kid got suspended before just for having the command prompt window open.
I got in shit one day for using telnet.

None.

May 6 2008, 10:48 pm Falkoner Post #50

Yeah, but since I'm in a computer programming class, Console windows are open all the time, and they look almost the same as the command prompt. And my teacher's cool too :P

None.

May 6 2008, 10:51 pm Matt Burch Post #51

Lol yeah then that's fine. But playing with telnet in english class... is what i did ;)

None.

May 6 2008, 11:42 pm Clokr_ Post #52

Quote from Matt Burch
Be careful what you do, some schools are quite strict about this kind of stuff. One kid got suspended before just for having the command prompt window open.
I got in shit one day for using telnet.

OMG what a shitty teacher...

?????

May 7 2008, 12:07 am Syphon Post #53

Quote from Matt Burch
On XP?

On Vista. :P

I always forget that all of you are probably running XP.

None.

May 7 2008, 12:23 am Test Post #54

net send isn't supported for Vista for some stupid reason.

None.

May 7 2008, 1:30 am Syphon Post #55

It was used for spam, apparently...

None.

May 7 2008, 7:19 am AfterLifeLochie Post #56

Quote from Syphon
It was used for spam, apparently...
Yup, apparently, you're dead right. :bleh:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 7 2008, 7:47 am by AfterLifeLochie.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum