Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Half Life 2 Episode 3
Half Life 2 Episode 3
Mar 30 2008, 4:46 pm
By: T-MaStAA  

Apr 14 2008, 10:39 pm Intranetusa Post #21

I kinda wish Valve would've made a Half LIfe 3 with better graphics, gameplay, and guns instead of just extending
Half Life 2 with 3 episodes... :/

None.

Apr 14 2008, 10:56 pm mikelat Post #22

Episode 2 does have better graphics, they're not going to trash the source engine, they just keep adding onto it.

The gameplay in the orange box is as good as gaming gets. I don't know what you're whining about.

None.

Apr 15 2008, 12:01 am Intranetusa Post #23

Quote from name:Yoshi
Episode 2 does have better graphics, they're not going to trash the source engine, they just keep adding onto it.

The gameplay in the orange box is as good as gaming gets. I don't know what you're whining about.

What I'm whining about? How about they add some new weapons instead of the same pistol-mp7-etc weapons? Maybe they should add new gameplay elements
instead of sticking to the same one from the original Half Life 2 which came out years ago? Honestly, I've played FREE Mods done by 3rd party groups that've included
new gameplay elements that outdo the original Half Life 2. ie. Fragmentation grenades with real fragments, motion blur & field of vision in iron sight zooming, etc

Maybe it sounds like whining to you because I actually have standards for games. When people buy whatever comes out - that just encourages gaming companies to make sh*tty games because they know people will buy them.

None.

Apr 15 2008, 12:13 am FatalException Post #24

Well, there's a little thing called a "story" that, if done right, is capable of bringing people in more than a few new weapons would... :ermm: Unless you're one of those people who skips cutscenes whenever possible and runs off while people are talking. Then you shouldn't be playing Half-Life for the single-player (or any game with a plot, really).

None.

Apr 15 2008, 12:18 am Intranetusa Post #25

Quote from FatalException
Well, there's a little thing called a "story" that, if done right, is capable of bringing people in more than a few new weapons would... :ermm: Unless you're one of those people who skips cutscenes whenever possible and runs off while people are talking. Then you shouldn't be playing Half-Life for the single-player (or any game with a plot, really).

I've played both Half Life 1 and Half Life 2 and beat each game at least 3 times from start to finish. I know the storyline & the plot very well...and nice try, but the
Half Life series don't have cut-scenes.

Maybe you've never played any good single player Half Life 2 mods out there. I suggest you try SMOD: Tactical Delta 5. You might be surprised at the quality of 3rd party mods.

None.

Apr 15 2008, 1:42 am mikelat Post #26

The weapons are fine. They did add a new one though, the magnison devices :)

If all you want is new guns then go play haloz or something. The thing is the episodic stuff is just extensions of Half life 2, which is already a great game so they're just adding more of a great story to it. Half life's story is actually pretty original compared to the recycled crap you see in games these days.

None.

Apr 15 2008, 3:51 am Intranetusa Post #27

If all you want is new guns then go play haloz or something. The thing is the episodic stuff is just extensions of Half life 2, which is already a great game so they're just adding more of a great story to it. Half life's story is actually pretty original compared to the recycled crap you see in games these days.

The best part of Half Life 2 is the endless modding possibilities. ie. games like Dystopia, Hidden Source, Battlefields, etc are some of the best online HL2 mods out there
whereas mods like SMOD Tactical Delta 5 turns Half Life 2 into Counterstrike Source on steroids.

None.

Apr 15 2008, 4:52 am mikelat Post #28

Then if you don't like Half life for itself as a game then don't buy the episodic content.

None.

Apr 15 2008, 11:13 am candle12345 Post #29

Quote from Intranetusa
The weapons are fine. They did add a new one though, the magnison devices :) If all you want is new guns then go play haloz or something. The thing is the episodic stuff is just extensions of Half life 2, which is already a great game so they're just adding more of a great story to it. Half life's story is actually pretty original compared to the recycled crap you see in games these days.
The best part of Half Life 2 is the endless modding possibilities. ie. games like Dystopia, Hidden Source, Battlefields, etc are some of the best online HL2 mods out there whereas mods like SMOD Tactical Delta 5 turns Half Life 2 into Counterstrike Source on steroids.

Minerva Metastasis.
Pure genius mod.
And then there's all the non-HL2 mods [those that just use source, but no story etc]
Empires, Gmod...

If you see a link to "Dayhard'
Walk, away.
Shit shit shittyass shit shit shit shat.

None.

Apr 15 2008, 1:45 pm Intranetusa Post #30

Quote from candle12345
Minerva Metastasis.
Pure genius mod.
And then there's all the non-HL2 mods [those that just use source, but no story etc]
Empires, Gmod...
If you see a link to "Dayhard'
Walk, away.
Shit shit shittyass shit shit shit shat.

Yup, I've already played all 3 stages of Minerva Metastasis. :)
Empires I think is ok
Gmod you have to pay for

Dayhard is hilarious and awesome.

None.

Apr 15 2008, 2:43 pm T-MaStAA Post #31

Well after reading some articles, Valve doesn't plan on ending the story at episode 3. We might either see even more and more add-ons or an entire new half life 3 (hopefully).

None.

Apr 16 2008, 1:17 am dumbducky Post #32

That's a special purpose object.

Honestly, one of the most disappointing things about the episodes was that they had no new weapons. I don't know about you, but I'm getting tired of the SMG

tits

Apr 16 2008, 3:21 am FatalException Post #33

Quote from Intranetusa

I've played both Half Life 1 and Half Life 2 and beat each game at least 3 times from start to finish. I know the storyline & the plot very well...and nice try, but the
Half Life series don't have cut-scenes.
I know they don't, but other games do, and there is the kind of person who skips cutscenes in those that would not pay attention when people are talking in Half-Life.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 1 2008, 12:32 am by FatalException.

None.

Apr 16 2008, 5:44 am Intranetusa Post #34

Quote from dumbducky
That's a special purpose object.
Honestly, one of the most disappointing things about the episodes was that they had no new weapons. I don't know about you, but I'm getting tired of the SMG

Woot, someone who agrees with me. XD

I know they don't, but other games do, and there is th kind of person who skips cutscenes in those that would not pay attention when people are talking in Half-Life.

Well, I'm the type of gamer who replays the HL2 single player campaign to find easter eggs such as G-man sightings and finding the 'talking vortigaunt.'
:)

None.

Apr 26 2008, 1:14 am Snipe Post #35

Episode 2 was epic!!.. I was so surprised with the ending. What is with the wormy looking dudes? They never explain that.

As if you ruined the ending of episode 2 for people who haven't played. :P.

None.

Apr 26 2008, 1:28 am MasterJohnny Post #36

Quote from Snipe
Episode 2 was epic!!.. I was so surprised with the ending. What is with the wormy looking dudes? They never explain that.

what wormy looking dudes? the vorts? me thinks you should go play half life 1
I think portals would be involved but without the portal gun
only the gman knows what happens in epd 3 :omfg:

I am a Mathematician

Apr 27 2008, 7:06 pm Fisty Post #37

Quote from Snipe

Indeed it was, that Strider battle was hard-ass, and the ending was so surprising.
My theory is those are either some form of "incubation pod" or whatever lies in the Overworld.

Quote from MasterJohnny
Quote from Snipe

what wormy looking dudes? the vorts? me thinks you should go play half life 1
I think portals would be involved but without the portal gun
only the gman knows what happens in epd 3 :omfg:
/slap go play HL2+Episode 1 & 2

None.

Options
  Back to forum