Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Wasteland RPG (%5)
Wasteland RPG (%5)
Mar 23 2008, 11:05 pm
By: SensesTied  

Mar 23 2008, 11:05 pm SensesTied Post #1

-.- Gotta re-post this WHOLE thing. 'CAUSE FU**ING MAPLANTIS! Sorry :3.

Description: You and 5 other colonists have entered an abandoned city only to find it has been inhabited by mutants and aliens alike. A large beast has swept your transport vehicle and you are now stranded in the center of nowhere. What will you do to survive? Will you betray your friends to take their supplies or will you fight with them? Will you find the secrets within the walls of the city of Darkurr or will you die like the original occupiers of the town? There is only one way out of the Wasteland, and it's not pretty...

Size: 256x256

Players: 6
Suggested: 4+
%: 5
Type: RPG
Length: Semi-Long
Tileset: Space

Screenshots:

A building near the Crash Site.

Another building near the Crash Site.

Character Select + Crash Site

None.

Mar 23 2008, 11:43 pm Oyen Post #2

The "betraying friends and taking their supplies" sounds pretty interesting. How does that work?

None.

Mar 24 2008, 12:05 am SensesTied Post #3

Well, you can "Search" Broken vehicles and small huts for items that then go into your inventory. You can trade items and such with other people, too. The Betray part is a new map feature which I have never seen used for this such way:

Say you get a revival item and you are with another player or all players and you want one of there items, specifically the revival item, you can use a "Pick Pocket" item that has a 1/5 chance to steal an item of YOUR choice and they don't notice ANYTHING until they go to use the item. BUT In order to pickpocket you must be near this person for longer then a minute or they must "Trust" you. You can trust people with your trust switch in the control panel area of the map. Control Panel involves: Inventory (You can only see your own unless they trust you), trust button, and trade (Inside inventory).

TL; DR: So you can back stab others by stealing their vital items only if they have their trust button on for you or if you are near them for an amount of time.

NOTE: THIS IS NOT FINAL AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR BE REMOVED.

None.

Mar 24 2008, 12:09 am Ryan Post #4

Well then no one would have their trust button on, because then they couldn't really trust them any longer.

None.

Mar 24 2008, 12:40 am ClansAreForGays Post #5

There's no adavantage for a player to do that since they are working together to win. It's zero sum.

Mar 24 2008, 2:42 am SensesTied Post #6

Who said they are working together to win!?!?!?!?

Did someone hack my account and edit?

No >.>.

Are you making this map?

No >.>.

:<_<:

;) Just joking around but seriously... you don't need the others to win. The point is to get out of the city by working together or alone, it's up to you.

None.

Mar 24 2008, 3:41 am lil-Inferno Post #7

Just here for the pie

It looks, without a doubt, exceptional, and most likely is better than the current Crash RPG.

Mar 24 2008, 6:00 am candle12345 Post #8

IMO the backstab/pickpocket system might need a little work.

None.

Mar 24 2008, 6:12 am SensesTied Post #9

Yes I agree it's more of an idea then a feature.

None.

Mar 24 2008, 6:53 am candle12345 Post #10

Good luck with it.

None.

Mar 24 2008, 12:53 pm lil-Inferno Post #11

Just here for the pie

Quote from candle12345
IMO the backstab/pickpocket system might need a little work.
Not really, but it sounds kind of, well, like it'll just turn into a war among the players. Once a random pubby gets pickpocketed, they're gonna want to kill whoever pickpocketed them. The random thing can easily be done with switches randomized.

Mar 24 2008, 12:54 pm candle12345 Post #12

I can see how that would work, but it wouldnt be too hot for terran infantry, squirmy bastards. It'd work a charm for everything else though.

None.

May 18 2008, 9:45 pm Pi1fer Post #13

Wow, I like how you made the building, How did you do it? and do you mind if I borrowed it?

None.

May 18 2008, 10:22 pm Daedalus Post #14

Err, that's kind of a unnecesary revival, but ok.

He used a special editor to do that. Check out the database and download SCM Draft 2.0.8 for making special terrain like that, as well as a whole other bunch of extra options... though no flashing buttons are added, which is a shame.
I'm pretty sure their is a wiki article about creating special terrain, look for something like "extended terrain". Falkoner has a link to his webpage in his signatute, check out his site which is filled with usefull stuff including tutorials on terrain.

(And I don't even get a cookie for advertising his site, lol)

None.

May 19 2008, 4:14 am Vrael Post #15

Yea, you'd definitely need some incentive for cooperation for the pickpocket thing to be of use. A balance must be struck, otherwise you'll have everyone against each other and no one will be able to pickpocket cause they'll be busy fighting, or it'll be team kill vs pickpocketer.

None.

Options
  Back to forum