Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: Merger Updates
Merger Updates
Mar 23 2008, 6:30 pm
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4

Mar 24 2008, 6:29 pm Laser Dude Post #61

Would it be at all possible to port Yoshi's Maplantis code over to the current SEN's kernel. Or will it at least be easier than redoing it all from scratch?

None.

Mar 24 2008, 6:38 pm Forsaken Archer Post #62

Porting the wiki should be easy enough. I'd have to change his global functions (parse name, parse time, sql functions, etc) to mine. I should be able to use most of his code without really rewriting it too much.
Eventually I want to upgrade the thing though (got ideas?).

None.

Mar 25 2008, 4:49 pm Nintendo_Confed Post #63

Is this merging stuff true? Because I seem to be the only idiot that realizes that April Fool's day is next week... You guys said the same thing last year..
Anyways, if it is true, then this is a good thing, since SEN and Maplantis seem to be 2 of the biggest online communities.

None.

Mar 25 2008, 5:08 pm ShadowFlare Post #64

Quote from Yoshi
Thats actually exactly what I'm trying to do but my computer seems to fail to download the last few megabytes in the tar and it ends up telling me that its a corrupted archive. I'm going to try getting it from school when I go there today, or maybe I should of SSH'ed to SEN and used wget to download it.
Are you outputting it to an actual file or just to stdout? I know I've personally had some problems with it when trying to output to stdout last time I tried it a while ago. I eventually just gave up on the idea and continued to just have it generate a file for me to download after the script creates it.

None.

Mar 25 2008, 8:32 pm mikelat Post #65

Quote from ShadowFlare
Quote from Yoshi
Thats actually exactly what I'm trying to do but my computer seems to fail to download the last few megabytes in the tar and it ends up telling me that its a corrupted archive. I'm going to try getting it from school when I go there today, or maybe I should of SSH'ed to SEN and used wget to download it.
Are you outputting it to an actual file or just to stdout? I know I've personally had some problems with it when trying to output to stdout last time I tried it a while ago. I eventually just gave up on the idea and continued to just have it generate a file for me to download after the script creates it.
I was outputting an actual file. At school it was downloading too slow so I ended up using wget to get it onto the SEN server.

I've found that I randomly can't download certain files via HTTP on my home internet connection, they either fail to start up or pause in the middle or at the end of the download, regardless that I find a mirror. It's the strangest thing so sometimes I end up looking for a torrent for what I need.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4
  Back to forum