Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion Topic
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion Topic
Sep 3 2007, 7:09 pm
By: Xx.Doom.xX
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Mar 14 2008, 1:57 pm HolySin Post #41

Quote from Syphon
Also, Olimar is hands down the best character.
He's powerful, but I wouldn't quite say the best; play Toon Link, Wolf, or Diddy. Also, I'm finding Mr. Game & Watch to be incredibly improved since melee, so you might want to check his gameplay out.

None.

Mar 14 2008, 4:58 pm JordanN Post #42

Also, Olimar is hands down the best character.
You haven't met DeDeDe with his spamable waddle dee throws of death now haven't you? :cool:
But olimar is tight though.

None.

Mar 14 2008, 9:11 pm -BW-Map_God Post #43

Is this game even any good? Just wondering our next lan party someone is brining it and some people seem to think its a big deal---I prefer to think the Starcraft-Broodwar 1vs1 tournament is a bigger deal :D. But yea, it got me curious about this game, if I try it not having played any games of that consule or the game before could someone recommend for me the easiest character/best strat for a newb to maybe beat a few people at that game with?

If you can help out with it I would be appreciative :-).

None.

Mar 15 2008, 7:10 pm Nintendo_Confed Post #44

If Super Smash Bros Brawl is anything like Super smash bros Melee, then you will want to play it. I still consider SSBM to be one of the top games ever made. I heard Kirby was good for noobies and experienced players, not sure how it is on SSBB though..

None.

Mar 15 2008, 9:53 pm FatalException Post #45

Link FTW.

None.

Mar 16 2008, 1:33 am Symmetry Post #46

Dungeon Master

I played this today at my friend's house (he just got it) and I tried a few characters. Good fun. I unlocked Ness for him with Dedede. I didn't really play enough to judge the characters, but it's a great game.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Mar 16 2008, 4:11 am Joshgt2 Post #47

Only thing I don't like are all of the items that can be grabbed to do the damage for the players.... I hit Link like 2 times and those her to kill him when all other damage was done by these new items... Kinda don't like that...

None.

Mar 16 2008, 5:28 am FatalException Post #48

So, is Toon Link just Young Link with a different skin?

None.

Mar 16 2008, 6:24 am Moose Post #49

We live in a society.

My friends took this. I don't own a Wii myself, but I play Brawl with them, they sent me this.

Mar 16 2008, 1:19 pm Joshgt2 Post #50

Quote from FatalException
Yep...

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
My friends took this. I don't own a Wii myself, but I play Brawl with them, they sent me this.
(user posted image)
Hahaha!!! That's funny!

None.

Mar 16 2008, 1:22 pm JordanN Post #51

Quote from Joshgt2
Only thing I don't like are all of the items that can be grabbed to do the damage for the players.... I hit Link like 2 times and those her to kill him when all other damage was done by these new items... Kinda don't like that...

Yea, theres an option to turn them off. ^^
I heard Kirby was good for noobies and experienced players, not sure how it is on SSBB though..
Naw, mario is a good starting characters for newbs.

Pretty much but toon links arrows, go much more slower and his bombs have bigger range.

None.

Mar 16 2008, 5:40 pm Fierce Post #52

I finally got Falco last night :P

None.

Mar 16 2008, 11:52 pm Eymber Post #53

Me and my siblings play this alot, and it's awesome!
We got every character in two days and I think it is better than melee.

None.

Mar 17 2008, 8:26 pm Cnl.Fatso Post #54

Luigi got buffed. A lot. I like it.

None.

Mar 17 2008, 8:31 pm Demented Shaman Post #55

I got it two days ago. I like it a lot. Lulz, I plug in my gamecube controller and the controls are like exactly the same.

HAHA WHEN I FIRST PLAYED IT I WAS USING THE WIIMOTE AND I FORGOT THAT YOU HAD TO HOLD IT SIDEWAYS. FOR FIVE MINUTES I WAS WONDERING WHY THE FUCK THE CURSOR WAS GOING LEFT/RIGHT WHEN I WAS PRESSING UP/DOWN.

None.

Mar 18 2008, 2:15 am Joshgt2 Post #56

Quote from devilesk
I got it two days ago. I like it a lot. Lulz, I plug in my gamecube controller and the controls are like exactly the same.

HAHA WHEN I FIRST PLAYED IT I WAS USING THE WIIMOTE AND I FORGOT THAT YOU HAD TO HOLD IT SIDEWAYS. FOR FIVE MINUTES I WAS WONDERING WHY THE FUCK THE CURSOR WAS GOING LEFT/RIGHT WHEN I WAS PRESSING UP/DOWN.
Thanks for sharing noob...

Just asking, but does anyone find that Lucario is simply overpowered just because he is a pokemanz?

None.

Mar 18 2008, 2:35 am FatalException Post #57

Quote from JordanN
Pretty much but toon links arrows, go much more slower and his bombs have bigger range.
NOOO!! I NEVER USE BOMBS EXCEPT FOR LULZ AND I ALWAYS SNIPE NUBS!! :-(

None.

Mar 30 2008, 5:45 am T-MaStAA Post #58

I find brawl is too 'floaty' if you catch my drift. I prefer SSBM over SSBB any day simply because of things like wave dashes, super wave dashes all the other cool maneuvers... I find ssbm to be more competitive.

None.

Mar 30 2008, 6:13 am MillenniumArmy Post #59

Quote from Joshgt2
Quote from devilesk

Thanks for sharing noob...

Just asking, but does anyone find that Lucario is simply overpowered just because he is a pokemanz?
Lucario inflicts more damage when he himself is highly damaged. Lucario can be really dangerous once he hits over 150%.

Quote from T-MaStAA
I find brawl is too 'floaty' if you catch my drift. I prefer SSBM over SSBB any day simply because of things like wave dashes, super wave dashes all the other cool maneuvers... I find ssbm to be more competitive.
SSBB is a different game from SSBM, you can't use tactics from SSBM and that you're good to go in Brawl. Give it time, people will either; find pretty good combos and moves in brawl or find some exploits (i highly doubt the latter as i'm pretty sure nintendo learned its lesson from melee.)
Remember when melee first came out? People said almost the exact same thing when comparing it with the n64 one. Now when you go back to the N64 one, people have indirectly discovered some pretty sick combos using moves they'd normally do with melee characters.

None.

Mar 30 2008, 5:03 pm Demented Shaman Post #60

Quote from MillenniumArmy
SSBB is a different game from SSBM, you can't use tactics from SSBM and that you're good to go in Brawl. Give it time, people will either; find pretty good combos and moves in brawl or find some exploits (i highly doubt the latter as i'm pretty sure nintendo learned its lesson from melee.)
I think there are already glitches.

Lucario inflicts more damage when he himself is highly damaged. Lucario can be really dangerous once he hits over 150%.
Ah, that explains that one event where you're lucario vs sheik and ness or whatever and you have like 150% damage.

MARIO IS THE BEST CHARACTER.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 >
  Back to forum