Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Yes 29

60%
None.
No 20

41%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 49 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Mar 8 2008, 7:17 pm Dapperdan Post #141

Quote from Falkoner
Then she politely sat me down and asked me questions that I couldn't answer. Ofcourse I didn't change right there, but she planted a seed in my mind. It wasn't until years later that I was finally able to see god as a fairy tale.

And why didn't you know the answers? Because you were not faithful enough. You don't get answers unless you look for them.

Quote from Translation of Falkoner
If you pretend the answers are there, then they are! You're not pretending hard enough!

None.

Mar 8 2008, 7:17 pm cheeze Post #142

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Genesis 1: God creates light and day before he creates the sun. Phail. ;(
Prove it.

None.

Mar 8 2008, 7:20 pm Moose Post #143

We live in a society.

Pick your version.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=genesis+1&btnG=Google+Search

[14:21:21] Cheeze: prove as in it fails.
[14:22:14] Moose: Day is based on what?
[14:22:51] Cheeze: devil's advocate! stfu :(!!!
[14:22:53] Moose: Keep in mind no one was around to have a timepiece or clock or anything.
[14:23:05] Cheeze: tht doesn't mean time doesn't exist.
[14:23:15] Moose: Nobody argued that.
[14:23:16] Moose: STFU.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 8 2008, 7:29 pm by Mini Moose 2707.

Mar 8 2008, 7:24 pm Symmetry Post #144

Dungeon Master

Quote from Falkoner
KK, all those websites you just posted are taking quotes out of context. That or they are interpreting the Bible completely wrong.

Especially the one that linked to your post.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Mar 8 2008, 7:27 pm Falkoner Post #145

My post is not a website.

None.

Mar 8 2008, 7:28 pm Symmetry Post #146

Dungeon Master

The link was to SEN, your post is on SEN, you said the website was taking quotes out of context, you were quoting things, you get the point.

EDIT:

Quote from Falkoner
So the story doesn't make sense? So? It still teaches great morals and truth.

The point is, you can teach morals and truth without convincing people to discriminate against homosexuals, women, etc.

Mar 8 2008, 7:29 pm cheeze Post #147

Moose is lame.
(1:23:16 PM) tehmoose: Nobody argued that.
(1:23:17 PM) tehmoose: STFU.
(1:23:20 PM) cheezeteh: STFU
(1:24:47 PM) cheezeteh: you suck at copy and pasting
(1:25:03 PM) cheezeteh: there's an a after meh exclamation

None.

Mar 8 2008, 7:31 pm Falkoner Post #148

I'm done, as usual, when arguing over religion, it all comes down to faith, I can't convince you to believe in my beliefs, and you will never convince me. It's pointless arguing.

None.

Mar 8 2008, 7:33 pm Symmetry Post #149

Dungeon Master

Quote from Falkoner
I'm done, as usual, when arguing over religion, it all comes down to faith, I can't convince you to believe in my beliefs, and you will never convince me. It's pointless arguing.

You can't convince us to believe what you do because you have no evidence. We can't convince you because you blindly follow your religion without thought to logic.

Mar 8 2008, 7:35 pm Demented Shaman Post #150

Quote from Falkoner
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

KEEP ARGUING. I'M ENJOYING YOUR STUPIDITY.

None.

Mar 8 2008, 7:40 pm cheeze Post #151

Quote from devilesk
Quote from Falkoner
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

KEEP ARGUING. I'M ENJOYING YOUR STUPIDITY.
You too!

None.

Mar 8 2008, 7:58 pm Forsaken Archer Post #152

The sun, a constant chain of nuclear reactions, is very slowly decreasing in mass.
If it had the millions and millions of years evolution requires, the earth wouldn't be the same as it is today. With the only 10k years from the bible, the mass change would be so very minute it wouldn't make a difference.
Go go go.

None.

Mar 8 2008, 8:02 pm Symmetry Post #153

Dungeon Master

Quote from isolatedpurity
If it had the millions and millions of years evolution requires, the earth wouldn't be the same as it is today.

Why?

Mar 8 2008, 8:04 pm Forsaken Archer Post #154

Because the earth would be scorched from being too close to the sun?

None.

Mar 8 2008, 8:06 pm JordanN Post #155

Quote from Killer_Kow

The point is, you can teach morals and truth without convincing people to discriminate against homosexuals, women, etc.

You know, the bible also teaches to hate discriminiation. Such as, remember moses wife who was black. Then the 2 old women made fun of her for her skin but God saw this and cursed them with leprosy.

None.

Mar 8 2008, 8:08 pm Forsaken Archer Post #156

Uh Jordan... hmmm give versus because I generally remember most bible events and a rough location of what book they are in... and I never read or heard that. I do believe Moses never even had a wife.

Edit: I am wrong, he had a wife or wives. But they are rarely even mentioned. Ever. I still want to see this story jordann ;o

None.

Mar 8 2008, 8:10 pm Symmetry Post #157

Dungeon Master

Quote from JordanN
Quote from Killer_Kow

You know, the bible also teaches to hate discriminiation. Such as, remember moses wife who was black. Then the 2 old women made fun of her for her skin but God saw this and cursed them with leprosy.

Thusly, contradicting itself, reducing its own credibility some more.

Mar 8 2008, 8:15 pm JordanN Post #158

Uh Jordan... hmmm give versus because I generally remember most bible events and a rough location of what book they are in... and I never read or heard that. I do believe Moses never even had a wife.

Numbers chapter 12]1 And Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Cushite woman whom he had married; for he had married a Cushite woman.
And we all know Kush is translated as "black" and those living in Nubia (current day Sudan).
And the LORD came down in a pillar of cloud, and stood at the door of the Tent, and called Aaron and Miriam; and they both came forth.And He said: 'Hear now My words: if there be a prophet among you, I the LORD do make Myself known unto him in a vision, I do speak with him in a dream.
9 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against them; and He departed.
And when the cloud was removed from over the Tent, behold, Miriam was leprous, as white as snow; and Aaron looked upon Miriam; and, behold, she was leprous.

Also
But they are rarely even mentioned. Ever.
Because people try to hide this fact as "god siding with blacks? Improbable". But see how the devil spreads lies like that.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 8 2008, 8:24 pm by JordanN.

None.

Mar 8 2008, 8:22 pm WoAHorde Post #159

Because the earth would be scorched from being too close to the sun?

I don't even know how to respond to that. Sol has been getting hotter over the past 5 billion years, and can be proven by generally milder temperatures in the past. Earth slowly drifts away from Sol over time, and won't scorch us for another 2-3 billion years. Cosmic Evolution ftw.

None.

Mar 8 2008, 10:29 pm Vi3t-X Post #160

Or we all die in 4.6 billion years when the sun dies...

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1013 >
  Back to forum