Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: New Threads: Screenshots Required
New Threads: Screenshots Required
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Feb 21 2008, 5:18 pm
By: Moose  

Nov 26 2008, 5:41 am Doodan Post #21

What about campaigns that are under construction? This topic was reported for not belonging in the UMS Ideas forum. I agreed, and moved it here. However, campaigns are unusual beasts in that the story and characters can be under development for some time (and need feedback) before ground is broken on making the actual maps themselves. I recommended that Lord Malvanis post screenies as soon as he made some progress on the first map.

I guess my point is: Is it okay if campaigns are granted a period of time to go from story development to map production?

None.

Nov 26 2008, 5:47 am Madroc Post #22

Generally some moderator says "This thread doesn't have screenshots. Post screenshots in the next day or three or this thread will be deleted." At least that's what I've always seen. So in a way it is already being done. However I do support the addition of a flexible guideline of "Moderators: Give threads without screenshots a couple of days before deleting them."

None.

Dec 29 2008, 8:00 pm Biophysicist Post #23

However I do support the addition of a flexible guideline of "Moderators: Give threads without screenshots a couple of days before deleting them.""Moderators: Give threads without screenshots a couple of days before deleting them."

I second this. It's annoying when I need feedback about spells and stuff but have to do a bunch of terrain first.

None.

Jan 2 2009, 5:31 pm Moose Post #24

We live in a society.

Then it's all right to post your map as an idea. ;)

Jan 2 2009, 6:19 pm DevliN Post #25

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Madroc
Generally some moderator says "This thread doesn't have screenshots. Post screenshots in the next day or three or this thread will be deleted." At least that's what I've always seen. So in a way it is already being done. However I do support the addition of a flexible guideline of "Moderators: Give threads without screenshots a couple of days before deleting them."
Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
However I do support the addition of a flexible guideline of "Moderators: Give threads without screenshots a couple of days before deleting them.""Moderators: Give threads without screenshots a couple of days before deleting them."

I second this. It's annoying when I need feedback about spells and stuff but have to do a bunch of terrain first.

I usually give people a few days, under the assumption that they have already started the map and it is in production. If you need feedback about spells and such, then you can ask in UMS Assistance or Ideas to get some wonderful feedback. The assumption with Map Production is that you always have to start with terrain anyway, so everyone who posts a thread here should have at least some bit of it started.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 30 2012, 4:29 pm Moose Post #26

We live in a society.

Unpinned as this has been redundant for quite some time due to the http://www.staredit.net/topic/8127/ topic.

Also subject to revision or removal from there as per discussion of this rule.

Options
  Back to forum