Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Spellsword RPG
Spellsword RPG
Feb 19 2008, 11:27 pm
By: Remisa
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 512 >

May 7 2008, 8:26 am Crackhead Post #41

Good game. You need to randomize the card system properly. Other than that it was fantastic.

None.

May 7 2008, 9:16 pm payne Post #42

:payne:

LMFAO!!! HARD LEVEL?! I can't beat Normal >.<

None.

May 8 2008, 7:04 am Crackhead Post #43

This game is easy if you learn to play it correctly. Even on hard mode it's a walk in the park. Remisa designed the map well enough that everything handles itself on its own.

None.

May 8 2008, 3:13 pm Remisa Post #44

[More info on Food System]
- Dead spellswords (corpses) does not consume any food.
- While you are in town (including alchemists' store), you do not consume any food.
- Food decreases faster in higher difficulty level.
- Food decreases faster when more 'alive and staying out of town' spellswords are involved in game.
- Some of gamble cards alters food amount.
- Running out of food triggers 'feeling dizzy (1% hp)' by 75% chance, and 'die from starvation' by 25% chance.

Quote from name:MalFunkShun
Any chance of the creator, Remisa still on here? I really want to create a map that uses a lot of ideas from this one, I was wondering if I could get permission. As in, it's sort of a 'remake' in that I'm building the map from scratch with a different story, spell and upgrade system, just using a lot of what I feel are this maps 'signatures' (128 x 128, unorthodox terrain for a fantasy RPG, high level of difficulty). Remisa gets credit for inspiring it of course.
Sure you have permission.

None.

May 8 2008, 3:35 pm Impeached Post #45

Also, Remisa, where did you get the music for Spellsword? It's pretty damn leet. :D

None.

May 8 2008, 10:36 pm payne Post #46

Could you post an unprotected version please?
Btw, by posting that, could you fix those bugs:
- The spawns have tendences to attack the Player x (x as the higher human player number), ignoring the lowest human player number (even if they are way nearer)
- If your Drone has an object, but you don't do anything with it and build an other object. Nothing will happen, the Drone will still has the initial object and the object you just created will appear under it. But if you try to go to the left section with your Drone, the object it had disapear instead of just getting dropped

None.

May 9 2008, 3:21 am Oyen Post #47

Remisa, your method of preventing players from using gas for shields upgrades on atk upgrades is very ingenious. Nicely done.
Heh, I've done the gambling a few times, and apparently you can win diamonds, emeralds, varying amounts of food, 2000 minerals, and ATK ups. However, you can apparently lose varying amounts of food as well as experience, so its best to gamble after maxing levels in my opinion.

None.

May 9 2008, 3:50 am payne Post #48

I saved a game and loaded it after each time I tryed a card because I always got the damn starving card (11 times in a row!). Lol, was it buggy! ^^

None.

May 9 2008, 3:52 am Impeached Post #49

Payne, that isn't a bug. The cards & chests are determined at the beginning of the game, to stop saving/reloading cheapness.

None.

May 9 2008, 3:52 am payne Post #50

Oooohhh!! Lol! Damn... :P

None.

May 9 2008, 5:31 am Oyen Post #51

Is there a limit to the cards? Do the cards never stop replacing themselves?

None.

May 9 2008, 5:44 am Crackhead Post #52

That's why I said that the card system needs to be randomized correctly. If you merely save before each card you'll know what you draw and you can decide yourself. You have to make it so that it randomizes on each attempt and doesn't stay the same. Otherwise you need to give the player an incentive to continue drawing regardless of the result, especially if it's bad.

PS. Solution; make it so that gambling is somehow connected with healing your character for a large chance so that players will use it when they're at low health regardless of the result. I.e. free food with every gamble.

Edit: Hm....screw that. Anyway, be inventive about it, I'll probably try something inventive in this map I'm working on.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 9 2008, 5:53 am by Crackhead.

None.

May 9 2008, 1:20 pm Oyen Post #53

In case you didn't know, you can get instantly healed just by entering the medic's scroll-selling shop. It's very useful early on when training in the graveyard.

None.

May 10 2008, 6:25 pm payne Post #54

Lmfao, I didn't knew that, thanks! :P

None.

May 16 2008, 10:33 pm payne Post #55

Hey, anyone knoes where is the secret chamber of Muriel?

None.

May 24 2008, 2:11 am close.ads Post #56

Help! I just finished the ice temple and got open the demon gate, and I don't know where to go in order to proceed. Can someone please give me a hint? Where can I find the key to open the two stone gates?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 24 2008, 2:39 am by iamandragon.

None.

May 24 2008, 2:13 am stickynote Post #57

I suck at this particular rpg. Although I never played with more than two people.

None.

May 24 2008, 6:23 am Crackhead Post #58

A big part of the game especially where you're at now is finding out how to get to the next area. I'll give you a hint at the very least.

Hint: It helps to have all spells.

I'm not sure if that means anything to you, but try to think it out. If you have all the spells already then just apply them correctly.

None.

May 24 2008, 1:37 pm Impeached Post #59

iamandragon, you will need Lightning Bolt with a few upgrades to destroy a barrier somewhere.

None.

May 26 2008, 12:16 am close.ads Post #60

Yeah...I realized after posting...I was at level 11 back then but when I saw the barrier healing itself I thought it can't be destroyed...but later I thought 'what if I can deplete the barrier's hp before it heals?' and maxed all upgrades to do so...a whole stupid 2 hours wasted on hunting diamonds...
The ending...I kind of see it coming, but never thought it'd be something like that...nice final boss battle by the way.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 512 >
  Back to forum