Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: Battle Defense
Battle Defense
Sep 3 2007, 4:03 am
By: R.I.S.K  

Sep 3 2007, 4:03 am R.I.S.K Post #1

Battle Defense: A 3-phase defense involving both defending skills and micro.
Phase 1: Defend. Kill as many of the oncoming units as you can. Phase 2: Battle. Fight your opponents in a small arena where micro is key using the exact same units that you just killed. Last man standing in a battle recieves a point. Phase 3: Upkeep. Spend money on upgrades and defending units. Sell back units that you don't want anymore. Prepare for the next level. Phase 0: Next level starts, phases are cycled through again.
20 levels, each spawning way more units than you can possibly kill. What you choose to kill is what you use in the battle. Killing 25%, 50%, or 75% of the oncoming units gives you mineral bonuses. Player with most points at end of twentieth level wins. Killing special units that come cause special events, such as a random battle scenario, +5 minerals, or loss/gain of points. Special units are much harder to kill than normal units. Players: 4. Teams: FFA or 2v2. Completion: Idea-100%. Terrain-0%. Triggers-0%. Unit Placements-0%. Testing-0%. Total: 20% Complete.

None.

Sep 3 2007, 11:57 am Akar Post #2

Ideas are the hard part for me... but for you triggers are going to be intense. Thats ALOT of triggers. And it really has been done before in lame defence, but that used a randomization system to give you untis.

None.

Sep 3 2007, 7:43 pm R.I.S.K Post #3

well, the hardest thing for me is willpower, so... this probably wont get finished for like, a year :P

None.

Sep 3 2007, 8:30 pm Falkoner Post #4

That won't do, you better get to work if you want it finished before SC2!

None.

Sep 3 2007, 8:51 pm R.I.S.K Post #5

i map because i enjoy it, not because i want it to become well-known. if it goes on past sc2, im ok w/ that.

None.

Oct 17 2007, 11:32 pm Oyen Post #6

That sounds like a Defense map I would definitely play. I like the random nature of the map that you described. That keeps the map interesting and replayable.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 18 2007, 3:20 am by Oyen.

None.

Options
  Back to forum