Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: [H] Determining why certain triggers aren't working
[H] Determining why certain triggers aren't working
Feb 10 2018, 1:05 am
By: rebirthoflegend  

Feb 10 2018, 1:05 am rebirthoflegend Post #1

Hi everyone,

I'm working on completing an older map that was left in a pretty rough state. The map works flawlessly up until a certain point which is seemingly where the last edits were made from version 3.1 to 3.2. 3.1 added the areas labeled Saga 5-8. Everything up until the first half of 7 seem to work properly and I only had to fix a few minor glitches however I'm kind of lost on why this doesn't work

So I've been soloing my way through it to test it and I think the scoring system stops working around 7, which is how it determines if a switch is on/off or which phase you are in during the game. When I solo I notice it doesn't seem to be adding anymore after a certain point.

At that point seemingly barricades stop breaking down correctly (barricades in this map are invincible starport addons). and progression and beacons seem to stop working correctly. I've gotten some of them to work but it seems a bit out of my wheel house at this point. Basically any barrier that's got a chunk missing out of it is one I couldn't get to work.

It's been a long time since I played with custom maps and I admit I was never very good. Any help/advice is appreciated. Feel free to add me on battle.net if you want to test it out with me, or whatever. mslegend#1149 or rebirthoflegend on west

Attached are the original map and the current revision I have.

Attachments:
YuYuHakusho_v3.26 BETA.scx
Hits: 0 Size: 198.54kb
YuYuHakusho_v3.2unlocked.scx
Hits: 0 Size: 198.26kb

None.

Feb 10 2018, 3:38 am rebirthoflegend Post #2

Ah shit, I posted this in SC2, I meant to post it in SC1. Could someone move it?

None.

Options
  Back to forum