Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: Art Tools Video Introductions
Art Tools Video Introductions
Mar 20 2017, 4:41 am
By: IskatuMesk  

Mar 20 2017, 4:41 am IskatuMesk Post #1

Lord of the Locker Room

Some content I made for Sc2 art tools in the past.

A very short video I made for someone on a stillborn throwaway website known as Mapster to demonstrate the bare minimum work for putting a model into sc2 that functions.

This is a more extensive video that discusses the Art Tools and making and configuring models in 3ds max for sc2.

http://www.gameproc.com/meskstuff/apex_dev/HMesk_Sc2ArtToolsIntro-muxed.mkv

I released some particle effects for Starcraft 2 in the past, located here > http://www.gameproc.com/index.php?id=starcraft2-resources

I plan to produce an indepth video regarding porting assets to Starcraft 2 including making normal maps in the future.

/e

This video is a part of my edu series and discusses Particle Systems, using Starcraft 2 as a starting point.

http://www.gameproc.com/meskstuff/apex_dev/EMesk_edu2-4.mkv

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 20 2017, 5:03 am by IskatuMesk.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[08:46 pm]
Pr0nogo -- hm, since you coded pytile and wrote its error handling, maybe you know the problem i'm having?
[08:44 pm]
poiuy_qwert -- If you need some help getting the program running you can PM me with any details you have
[08:43 pm]
poiuy_qwert -- It should error out if it doesn't like the files, but there are lots of ways to "corrupt" the file while having it still look fine
Pr0nogo -- the program won't even start for me so i can't even begin to take your advice :P
poiuy_qwert -- I think the main thing is you don't want to edit an existing tileset with PyTILE, you want to export the tileset entirely, edit the exported data, and create a "new" tileset from that. but its been a while, so i'm not even sure anymore
[08:42 pm]
Pr0nogo -- i just want to see if tileedit is the source of my problems or if it's something else, would pytile be able to detect incorrect formats? (wrong palette/image size/color index)?
[08:41 pm]
poiuy_qwert -- Pr0nogo
Pr0nogo shouted: hey poiuy, any chance you can take a look at pytiles? i'm doing a lot of tileset editing and tileedit is failing me (can't run tileedit 2/hawt tiles and the latest version of pytiles won't start for me)
PyTILE has a lot of architectural problems that make me not want to work on it without doing a full re-write, but I might be able to give some help
[08:39 pm]
poiuy_qwert -- Excalibur
Excalibur shouted: What ever became of Hercanic? Just disappeared?
Herc is still active here as well, though not as much as before
[08:39 pm]
Pr0nogo -- hey poiuy, any chance you can take a look at pytiles? i'm doing a lot of tileset editing and tileedit is failing me (can't run tileedit 2/hawt tiles and the latest version of pytiles won't start for me)
[08:38 pm]
poiuy_qwert -- Excalibur
Excalibur shouted: The community was hit the hardest with his raging due to the purge. He had a lot of good stuff hosted on his site. A shame really.
bwai wasn't shut down during the sen incident, it stayed up and strong for a long while. It was a sad day when it disappeared though :(
Please log in to shout.

Members Online: poiuy_qwert, Pr0nogo, lil-Inferno, Roy, KrayZee, Suicidal Insanity, Generalpie, yamatoclan, jjf28, Mini Moose 2707, Wormer