Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Dragon Age: Inquisition
Dragon Age: Inquisition
May 23 2015, 12:19 am
By: Zycorax  

May 23 2015, 12:19 am Zycorax Post #1

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

So instead of jumping on the Witcher 3 bandwagon like the rest of the world, me and a couple of friends ended up buying Dragon Age: Inquisition while it was on sale. I've not been a huge fan of the first two titles in the series, having put them back on the shelf 20-30 hours in. In this game however, I've already racked up 60 hours played and I'm still loving it. I think it's mostly the fact that you get some fairly big zones to explore, rather than some narrow paths to walk along. It also look pretty good in the Frostbite engine.

It still suffers from a couple of issues that's always been in the series (imo). The combat feels a bit clumsy at times, especially as a melee class, and I sometimes find myself waving my daggers in thin air for a second or two because I've overshot my enemy and the game won't let me turn around because I'm still attacking. Finding the hitbox of bigger enemies can also be difficult at certain angles. The companion AI can also be really frustrating at times (they like standing in fire).

The story so far is all right I suppose, although now that I'm past the rather lengthy introduction chapter, I'm mostly ignoring the main storyline. As for the companions in the game, they don't feel as interesting as some of the ones you had in the previous two. Many of them are rather forgetable. The only ones that stand out to me is Sera, Iron Bull and possibly Cole. That being said, I like Varric better here than in DA2.

Overall I have to say the game was a pleasant surprise considering that I feel the first two Dragon Age games are somewhat overrated.

May 26 2015, 5:16 am Fire_Kame Post #2

wth is starcraft

Quote from Zycorax
The companion AI can also be really frustrating at times (they like standing in fire).

I haven' played, but that sounds like a problem with AI companions in RPGs in general. When I first started playing Skyrim my companion kept fucking running into the same trap door, because the game told her to get to me but not to avoid the trap. So I sat there for a few minutes, watching her almost die and waiting for her to figure her shit out.

Options
  Back to forum