Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: The Undead! V.4 Download up Now!
The Undead! V.4 Download up Now!
Feb 20 2015, 5:40 pm
By: zsnakezz  

Feb 20 2015, 5:40 pm zsnakezz Post #1

~*The Undead*~
~V.4 Download Below~
by zsnakezz

The dead are rising, are you RISING to the challenge?

More info has come.

You must build up your forces defeating zombies to gain resources.

With said resources you can travel to 4 different "towns" spread across the map.

The towns themselves are safe from attack, unless you are currently using them.

You must be careful when using towns, because if you lose a building, you lose your ability to make more units, that you will likely need.

The main objective is to destroy 7 "Festering Graves" from which zombies spawn.

Each time you destroy a festering grave, the difficulty rises, more zombies, stronger zombies, more challenges.

You can destroy the graves in any order you wish, a part of the game, is for you to come up with your own strategy to minimize danger to your force.
Completing the map in particular orders may prove to be quite difficult to accomplish.

I'm code naming this map "Zombie Craft", because it mixes RTS, RPG, and classic Zombie map mechanics without feeling too inorganic.

All zombie encounters are to seem spontaneous, zombies are not specifically hunting you down, and will not attack you in "waves"
Instead the map populates itself overtime with zombies that seem to be doing their own thing until you run into them.
+Enemies utilize up to 25 different attack formations during the course of the game.

"Overlord hunting" is a thing in this map, they are the only thing you can kill to get gas, and I found it mildly amusing within play testing.

Right now all gameplay is in place, all the towns mechanics work fine, 7/7 difficulties have been made, the "zombie trajectory randomizer" (stolen from the Hyperion 2 gambling
system)

~*Version.4 Update*~

Yellow = Under Development
Red = Completed

+ Wrath of the Elder.
~ This is an alternate ending to the map.
* By killing 3 Exoprawns/defiler you unlock the Elder Achievement.
* This unlocks several Zombie Elder/High Templar.
* The High Templar are worth 8 gas each.
* By killing 3 High Templar you unlock the ending.
~ The ending is an event I'm not giving away atm.
+ Overmind Ending.
~ By killing 6 festering graves you unlock the overmind ending.
* This spawns, an overmind at a spot of the map.
* Some things happen.
+ Financial Changes.
~ The player now accumulates money over time.
* Killing festering graves increases your income input.
~ All rewards for killing zombies have been decreased again.
* You can say what you will, but I believe the map was easy in previous versions.
* I want to encourage the player to kill the graves, this way seems fair.
+ Balancing Changes
~ Footmen have 10 more health.
~ Raynor has 20 more health.
~ Tanks are now more tanky, lol.
* This should help Raynor survive a tad more early game.
~ All zombies do + 1 damage.
+ Most zombies have more health.
~ All units are more expensive.
* This is to balance with the new economic and difficulty system.
* There are some storms happening in the map now, I needed to scale
the health up a bit for player 1's units.
~ Hydralisks have a more significant health buff from other zombies.
~ Upgrade prices now scale more expensively.
* The additional price increase costs an extra 710 more minerals at full upgrade.
+ Pathing upgrades.
~ Adding 2 Extra pathing options.
* To order the zombies to go all over the place, I use a randomizer.
* This was taken from the Hyperion 2 Gambling system.
* Adding 2 new variables can do a lot to make zombies move more dynamically.
~ Fast overlords will also have more pathing options as well.
* You get a pathing option, you get a pathing option, everyone gets a pathing option!
+ Achievements
~ 4 New achievements have been added.
* Wrath of the Elder, Overmind Ending, Overkill Zombie Basic x 2, Overkill Zombie Lizard x 2.
*Overkill Zombie Basic = 300 Zombies. Reward : +200 Minerals +All units healed.
*Overkill Zombie Lizard = 200 Zombie Lizards.: +200 Minerals +All units healed.
*In the last patch, most overkill achievements healed your men, forgot to mention that.
*This is to help keep your vehicle units alive.
+ Town Defenses
~ Bases now have "Automated Defense Systems"
* They Provide some early game defense relief.
~ You can now build photon cannons in your towns.
* Cannons turn on/off like the rest of your town.
+ The intro has received an overhaul
~ Some things have been added to the intro.
* This means something.
+ Unit Storage
~ The player can now store extra units in a dropship for later.
* You can leave the dropship in bases, and it will change to a neutral player when you leave it there.
* I made this system, because I found myself walking around with a probe and scv that would often
get killed during combat, I needed a way to leave them behind safely, as well as whatever other unit
I might want for later. They were taking up valuable firepower space in my group.
+ Raynor Lives!
~ Raynor can now die a number of times before you lose.
* You are welcome.
+ Let there be grades.
~ You will now be graded on your performance upon completing the map.
* This is to help you feel self conscious about yourself.
* This will also help rehash dark memories from Highschool.

~V.4 DOWNLOAD HERE~
http://www.staredit.net/sc1db/file/3017/
(Remember to load the map in multiplayer if possible)

Here lies a space between two lines.

~*Version.2 Update*~

+Weapons Rack
~ Walk up to a shuttle and switch out your hero.
+Price and Unit adjustments
~There will be several changes to units properties and prices.
*This will make some units weaker, and some more effective.
*Medics are pretty OP early game, trying to explore ways to balance them out.
~Medics now cost 60 min 2 gas but you can rescue a medic in the "Crossroads"
+Difficulty additions
~All white "guard" units now raise in difficulty as you progress.
*Each "guard" mob should be increasingly difficult upon killing festering graves.
~ Added Defiler Zombies, dark swarm is good for the family.
* Defiler Zombies give gas upon death.
~ Enemy pathing is getting an upgrade
+Infestation update
~As you progress through the main objective, infestation will visibly take hold of the map.
+Bling Bling
~Character names and info texts are getting some more attention. Some sounds may be added.
~Achievements have been added.
* These reward you with resources and other game mechanics.
+A Host of Bugfixes and other improvements

~*Version.3 Update*~

+ Infestation Improvements
~ the number of "festering growths" has doubled, more of the map gets covered in creep.
+ Let there be Light
~ the number of lights in the map has doubled, there are now 9 lights scattered throughout the map.
* the 5 lights that have been added are all outside, as apposed to being inside buildings, this should help a brotha out.
+ Fixed some building availability quirks.
~ You can now build supply depots and bunkers.
* You can make more crud.
+ Your light turns into an observer.
~ Science Vessels are big and fast, need something that can stick with the group and not die.
* A big thing I wanted to address with this update is light sources, and I think these improvements do the job.
+ The reward structure has now been filled out,
~ all player 8 units now give appropriate rewards.
+ Some units received balance adjustments.
~ Zombie Bolvine life increased.
~ Some passive zombie groups are now owned by player 3.
* This player has unit settings geared towards tankyness.
* This helps the game be a little more stable as well.
~ Raynor and Footmen now have slightly more health.
~ Vehicle units now have +15 health.
* Raynor and Footmen health addition will help player survive early game.
* Vehicles can now take more of a beating, they are now more worth their money.
~ Unit upgrade time scaling has been decreased, researching upgrades should be a little easier.
+ Some "Uber" Achievements have been added.
~ Overkill Zombie Elite, Overkill Zombie Lizard Elite, Overlord hunting X 2
* These achievements grant larger than average rewards, and some new unique rewards as well.
+ Overlord Hunting Improvements
~ Killing 15 overlords will make them evolve into faster overlords.
* Fast overlords give 6 gas upon death, as apposed to 5 gas from slow overlords.

PATCH V3.2 NOTES
This patch is designed more specifically towards increasing overall difficulty.
Players tend to have a pretty easy time after getting over the early game difficulty hump,
I'm exploring ways to make the difficulty more balanced as you progress. I made some simple changes
for now that should help out, though there are some more complex systems in the works to address these
issues for good, so until V.4 roles around, these slight changes should help.
+Unit Balance changes

~ All Zombies have received a slight health increase
~ Medics now have the same life as Footmen
~ Some extra types of zombies have been placed throughout the map

+Reward Structure changes

~ All financial rewards for zombies have been decreased.
* -1 minerals for all zombie killing rewards.
~ Slow Overlords now reward 3 gas instead of 5.
* This is a very slight change, but it should help out with financial pacing.

+Overlord Hunting Changes
~ Faster overlords now spawn after killing 10 overlords, instead of 15.
~ The second overlord achievement happens after killing 20, instead of 25.
* The player would already have plenty of gas by the time this shift occurred,
this should make overlord hunting more appropriate in difficulty.

+Festering Tentacle's
~ 4 "sunken colonies" have been added to the map.
~ killing 1 +50min killing 2 100min killing 3 150min killing4 300min + Achievement effects
* Just adds some extra things to look out for when womping around.

Here lies a space between some lines.

Post has been edited 29 time(s), last time on Mar 28 2015, 6:56 pm by zsnakezz.

I made the following maps; Hyperion 2, The Undead, The Undead Coop, Realm Rpg beta, and Overlords.

Feb 20 2015, 10:08 pm zsnakezz Post #2

Download for The Undead is now up! Please enjoy, and remember to post any comments or concerns you have regarding the map. Feedback is always appreciated! :hurr: :massimo: :lol:

I made the following maps; Hyperion 2, The Undead, The Undead Coop, Realm Rpg beta, and Overlords.

Feb 22 2015, 1:43 pm zsnakezz Post #3

Version 2 will be coming within the next couple days. A couple things to note, some gameplay systems and difficulty are subject to change in future updates. When I release a map I give it a "version" for a reason. I decided to release V.1 when the map was fully playable, and could work as a base for future updates, similar to the update structure of Hyperion 2 (I released 4 separate versions of Hyperion) So you can expect a similar framework for The Undead, albeit The Undead will see updates quicker than Hyperion did.

More info on version 2 changes coming soon.

Feb 23 2015, 5:41 pm zsnakezz Post #4

V.2 info added.

Feb 25 2015, 8:29 pm zsnakezz Post #5

V.2 now available.

Mar 9 2015, 3:05 pm Oh_Man Post #6

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Will check it out at the next LAN. Good job.

Mar 10 2015, 4:38 am zsnakezz Post #7

Quote from Oh_Man
Will check it out at the next LAN. Good job.

Dear Oh_Man, this is a single player map, just a heads up.

Mar 19 2015, 7:44 pm zsnakezz Post #8

V.3 info has been added. V.3 will probably be released tonight.

Mar 20 2015, 12:31 am zsnakezz Post #9

V.3 is now available for download.

Mar 20 2015, 2:28 pm Wormer Post #10

I've played this today. Pretty nice map. With the first several attempts I figured out medics are quite expensive to go for at the very beginning, so I got 3-4 rines first. It was pretty easy afterwards, because I intentionally didn't kill Festing Graves before I cleared the whole map. In the end I got a standing garrison in each town, two "assault" groups plus a flying "wing" of 4 wraiths, all 3/3 upgraded and infantry even more.

You definetly want something that rewards player for killing Graves instead punishing him with the new level of difficulty. I suggest to switch difficulty progression into time and leave Festing Graves as a victory condition only (killing it also rewards player with less total spawn).

Then there were pathing problems on the west bridge. I haven't been there for some time and when I came there were LOTS of zealots who blocked the bridge: easy minerals.

I think it's not cool that player can have several separate groups of men spread over the map. You got a single hero after all. Maybe this is a consequence of the low difficulty due to mentioned problems, but I suggest to give all units that are reasonably far from hero back to blue. It's like they got lost and fight on their own.

Also overlords tend to gather in groups near the start location. It's easy to hunt them there. Then the upgraded overlords are way too weak, player already has enough gas when the achievement is unlocked. Make them stronger and maybe give a bit more gas for killing them: like 7-8.

Since hero is a pretty weak unit it might easily die at later stages of the game. Put a bike for the hero somewhere in mountaints. Hero is able to enter/exit this vehicle. When bike dies the hero spawns on it's place. The intention is to give additional safety for the hero at late game.

Consider making repairing docks for vehicles that repair for free once in a while. Maybe the player should find and bring an item to activate the repairing dock first.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 20 2015, 2:38 pm by Wormer.

Some.

Mar 20 2015, 2:56 pm zsnakezz Post #11

"I suggest to give all units that are reasonably far from hero back to blue. It's like they got lost and fight on their own."

I like this idea, though it would be relatively difficult to implement.

One of the problems I remember having, sometimes I would forget the extra units given at the bases, and they would end up keeping
the bases in use, and getting attacked.

I think a cool feature to have would be a "swap bay", where you can take a group of extra units and lock them into place for later.

Your suggestion for a different difficulty setup, so players aren't encouraged to clear the map first, makes sense, but I think there
are some obvious difficulty "feels" as you progress, the beginning is hard, then it isn't so hard. I'm thinking about implementing
some extra difficulty based incentives to want to progress. The biggest reason you want to progress, is financial, you earn more as
you progress through difficulty.

The way you described, clearing the maps units first, is a way I never played, so I need to find a way to make sure the map is not easy to rush.

Medics are still OP, ever since I've scaled the health of everything, medics do a ridiculously good job at keeping your units alive.
They will probably receive additional changes.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 20 2015, 3:32 pm by zsnakezz.

Mar 20 2015, 6:51 pm Wormer Post #12

Quote from zsnakezz
"I suggest to give all units that are reasonably far from hero back to blue. It's like they got lost and fight on their own."

I like this idea, though it would be relatively difficult to implement.
Now that I think of an implementation I had in mind while writing this, because of use of give units, it has an unwanted side effect that seems impossible to avoid: all your units will lose selection when a unit is getting lost. Not so goood. Now I'm again thinking that I know how to deal with this issue, but it probably requires some laborious tweaking and testing. It's not really *that* hard to implement. I can explain if you're interested.

Quote from zsnakezz
One of the problems I remember having, sometimes I would forget the extra units given at the bases, and they would end up keeping the bases in use, and getting attacked.
I thought it's a "feature" :) Anyways, what are you going to do with marines that are left behind in bunker? Also this increases maximum supply limit tremendously when you hold several cities.

Quote from zsnakezz
I think a cool feature to have would be a "swap bay", where you can take a group of extra units and lock them into place for later.
Honestly, I'm not sure how to make use of it, except that I would be able to build up large army with the use of this feature.

Quote from zsnakezz
Your suggestion for a different difficulty setup, so players aren't encouraged to clear the map first, makes sense, but I think there are some obvious difficulty "feels" as you progress, the beginning is hard, then it isn't so hard. I'm thinking about implementing some extra difficulty based incentives to want to progress. The biggest reason you want to progress, is financial, you earn more as you progress through difficulty.
Once again, I haven't been experiencing any problems with cash making. Probably because I spread several groups among the map and farmed almost all spawn.

Quote from zsnakezz
The way you described, clearing the maps units first, is a way I never played, so I need to find a way to make sure the map is not easy to rush.
Once again, rush or not, but nothing stops player from leaving those Graves behind. And with several upgrades it's getting way too easy.

Quote from zsnakezz
Medics are still OP, ever since I've scaled the health of everything, medics do a ridiculously good job at keeping your units alive. They will probably receive additional changes.
Yeah. Player units must die from time to time (except hero :P). Making medics more expensive isn't going to fix the problem: they are just going to become not affordable after a cerain limit, but once player got two medics he's the boss. Further scaling of HP and damage *may* do the job, but at a certain point you'll have problems with armor upgrades being useless. Another approach is to constantly put medics energy to 0 triggerwise, they won't be able to heal incoming damage in "real-time" then, and will serve only a purpose of a recovery *after* the fight.

I noticed that when you got not so much units and serveral upgrades, enemies simply fail to come close and do no damage at all. The suggestion here is to make them harder to kill: raise all units health like 3 times (zombies and human), but leave their attacks on it's current level. I'm not sure but this might help with medics, if it won't, additionally put medics energy to 0.

Also, make zombies spawn in waves so that there would be "extreme" times when player must retreat and hide somewhere followed with "quiet" times when player can come out, lick his wounds and progress.

Some.

Mar 20 2015, 7:27 pm zsnakezz Post #13

Quote from Wormer
put medics energy to 0 triggerwise, they won't be able to heal incoming damage in "real-time" then, and will serve only a purpose of a recovery *after* the fight.

Also, make zombies spawn in waves so that there would be "extreme" times when player must retreat and hide somewhere followed with "quiet" times when player can come out, lick his wounds and progress.

I would implement both of these things, but I would have the medic energy reduction on a timer, every 5 seconds or so.

You also said you experienced no shortage of money/ didn't have much encouragement to seek additional difficulty levels.
There are a couple of ways I would address this, 1 would be increasing the price of pretty much everything,.
2 would be by reducing the overall rewards you get from weaker zombies.
3 would be by providing a financial reward for killing graves.
4 would be putting the objective on rails, so you would need to kill the graves in a particular order.

If I stop the spawning at graves when they are killed, the map gets easier over time, not harder. Normally I want the
player to have the freedom to choose their own way of going about playing, the only other method I currently have is
using the unlocking method. One thing I could do, is randomize the unlocking, since I already do have a randomizer within
the map, I could potentially make a different path each game. Though it would take time to implement.

Also, it's not my intent for you to control all the bases at once, though if this is something you wish to do, I'm not one
to personally be against it as a play style. I personally play with one group the whole time.

The zombies that gaurd the graves would also be on the unlocking method.

As for now I'm releasing a smaller patch with some simpler balancing tweaks.
The notes for said patch will be posted after this reply.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 20 2015, 7:39 pm by zsnakezz.

Mar 20 2015, 7:59 pm zsnakezz Post #14

PATCH V3.2 NOTES

+Unit Balance changes

~ All Zombies have received a slight health increase
~ Medics now have the same life as Footmen
~ Some extra types of zombies have been placed throughout the map

+Reward Structure changes

~ All financial rewards for zombies have been decreased.
* -1 minerals for all zombie killing rewards.
~ Slow Overlords now reward 3 gas instead of 5.

+Overlord Hunting Changes
~ Faster overlords now spawn after killing 10 overlords, instead of 15.
~ The second overlord achievement happens after killing 20, instead of 25.

+Festering Tentacle's
~ 4 "sunken colonies" have been added to the map.
~ killing 1 +50min killing 2 100min killing 3 150min killing4 300min + Achievement effects

Mar 20 2015, 9:01 pm Wormer Post #15

I'll check the new version out as soon as I got time.

Quote from zsnakezz
You also said you experienced no shortage of money/ didn't have much encouragement to seek additional difficulty levels.
There are a couple of ways I would address this, 1 would be increasing the price of pretty much everything,.
2 would be by reducing the overall rewards you get from weaker zombies.
Don't overdo with this. It is fixing the problem only to some extent. First, it's making the start harder which is already not that easy. Second and more important, it doesn't really discourage tactics when you don't kill graves: I'm still gonna farm, it will take more time, it will get repetitive and after a while I'll call your map boring. This catches a person into a self-trap or a boring game when he's afraid of killing graves in favour of safe but tedious farming. The map shouldn't encourage such a behavior.

Quote from zsnakezz
3 would be by providing a financial reward for killing graves.
This one is good.

Quote from zsnakezz
4 would be putting the objective on rails, so you would need to kill the graves in a particular order.
This one I don't like because it limits person's freedom to a single sequence (even if the sequence will be random each time). The thing I definetly liked about the map is that it's open to some extent.

Quote from zsnakezz
If I stop the spawning at graves when they are killed, the map gets easier over time, not harder.
That's the point. I suggest this in pair with time difficulty progression: if you don't kill enough graves by given time, you gonna be overwhelmed with strong units. The only way to keep up with difficulty progression is to keep killing graves.

Some.

Mar 21 2015, 6:34 pm zsnakezz Post #16

I think I have come up with a solution.

You get income passively every couple of seconds, but it starts out really slow.
Every Festering Grave killed increases the rate in which you get passive income.

Zombies will still give income rewards, but I'm going to have to nerf the amounts they give once again to balance it with the passive income.

Prices for all units and upgrades will be increased, to what degree I'm still thinking out.

Mar 23 2015, 7:07 pm zsnakezz Post #17

V.4 Info has been added.

Mar 25 2015, 5:01 am zsnakezz Post #18

Mega update V.4 is now available.

Mar 26 2015, 8:44 am Wormer Post #19

V4 feedback.

First of all, there is a bug when a worker can grab a flag. I accidentally did it in downtown and since then when Raynor entered the area I was spammed with the message: "You are entering downtown".

Then cannons are utterly useless because of swarm. They are getting raped really fast and are only waste of money. If detection is necessary, turrets are even better, because they don't attack and don't drive attention from zombies.

There is still a major reason I don't want to upgrade to level 4 zombies spawn: Hydralisk range attack. It turns my bunkers from practically invincible into garbage. Also, that hydra is getting a range to kill additional buildings in towns when I already got everything covered against close attack. I believe level 5 spawn is getting cloaky kerrigans and that's another reason I don't want to progress any further.

I must admit that the game become *much* better at start, but after 3/3 upgrade 4-6 rines, 2-3 bats, 2-3 medics it's getting too easy (and imbalanced). Easy but annoying. The game tends to become very annoying and frustrating closer to the end. It's mainly due to the fact that everything is easy to kill, but you can't keep your buildings alive. Every time you enter a town you get one nasty zombie that is trying to attack the building on the other side. For this reason I even tried to go around towns to not get anything killed or damaged accidentally, because repair doesn't work or cost enourmous amount of minerals.

Well, yes now about repair. When I started to get some considerable amount of money it became annoying to hide SCV in bunkers, because with right click it was trying to *repair* and bunkers cost so much. Like I said because of hydra they become just a waste: the best bunker substitute is just 2 rines, medic and a bat put closely together. Make the repair take considereable amount of time at least, so that all minerals don't accidentally go in vain.

The most annoyance is coming from buildings getting constantly attacked. Make it possible to repair them for free at least (make repairing take fair time though). Or make buildings completely owned by netutral. Give a building only when Raynor approaches it face to face. Give bunkers when any infantry unit is approaching it. I wasn't happy when I had to capture a bunker and got my Raynor on the other side of the map. Remove supply limit: just place 25 supplies for the player somewhere in the croner of the map. Bunker construction requires barracks. So you better place barracks in the corner too.

I personally don't like the idea of free minerals. Moreover I think it's bad to couple income with the task (or necessity) of killing zombies. It turns the game into boring grinding. I don't know if you're willing to change anything but I suggest the following. Remove passive income and remove income from killing zombies. Give minerals for killing Overlords and Defilers. As a side note: gas in it's current form is useless, because I didn't feel like I was in *need* of gas at any time. Minerals and gas are feeling like having the same *rarity*. So I suggest to remove gas at all. If you want to keep gas, give minerals for overlords and gas for defilers as the latter are *considerably* harder to kill (maybe then it will get some value at least). So, minerals for Overlords is the core idea. Afterwards, make spawn progression on Overlords achievements: after killing certain amount of Overlords you get the next level of zombies and an upgraded Overlord. But don't make overlords all go speed at once, because it makes them very hard to kill. I suggest the following Overlords upgrades: level 1 (0 armor), level 2 (3 armor), level 3 (7 armor), level 4 (10 armor or more), level 5 (10 armor or more + speed).

If you make income independent from zombies then you can give bunkers very high amount of HP making it just a place to hide. You can go even further and give men inside a bunker a healing but get rid of medics or nullify their energy. For vehicles you can use a staionary placed dropship for that.

This time I had even less reasons to make vehicles, because they become less endure. Maybe if you'll make higher overlords armor goliaths may get a reason to build them. Otherwise I find it's just easier to make infrantry because medics heal them automatically. Maybe it's a good idea to scale HP and damage even more to make medics spend more energy on healing.

Also I didn't get if those Elder Zombies are owned by netural computer on purpose. When I killed 2-3 of them they become owned teal. Then I killed one more (there was at least 1 more teal Elder Zombie on the map) and Ancient Zombies spawned. Then I killed several Ancient Zombies and the screen centered somewhere and I got a victory. I'm not sure if this is intended victory condtiion, because I was only on the 4 level of spawn by then (at least 2 nydus were still alive).

In conclusion. My main point was that having a goal to kill zombies is a bad thing: leave only achievements for that. There should be other more determined goals. Otherwise game turns into silly grinding. Zombies are there just to prevent player from achieving those goals, but shouldn't be the goal themselves.

P.S. Here is the replay if you're interested.

Post has been edited 6 time(s), last time on Mar 26 2015, 2:11 pm by Wormer.

Some.

Mar 27 2015, 5:50 am zsnakezz Post #20

Here are my proposed changes.

1.) Killing graves will kill progressively more yellow zerg units on the map.
It would scale as the following.
L.1 -20 L.2 -40 L.3 -55 L.4 -75 L.5 -100

2.) Your not supposed to kill the blue high templar, I forgot to make them invincible when blue.
They turn into teal units, and your supposed to kill those.
This is a mistake of my own laziness.

3.) I agree cannons should have a health increase.
I would probably go from 125 to 145 but I'm not sure yet how much I'll add.
(I don't want them to be TOO strong.) Cannons originally only had 90.

4.) I will definitely be downgrading passive income.
Right now you get way too much money later game. It is scaling really hard.
Plus, on level 2, you more than double your passive income, it is way too much.

5.) I havn't gotten around to fixing building repair prices yet, but that will be in this patch too.
Buildings will cost a small amount of gas to repair. That is something I've intended to do.

6.) I was aware of the flag glitch but I forgot to fix it, that will be in this patch as well.

I'm not making any more DRASTIC changes to the income structure, the way you receive income is there, and I plan to
work on making sure it's as interesting as possible.

Like you said, grinding away at zombies late game can be tedious, and often times "easy".
So, I'm probably going to start spawning uber zealots at level 4, instead of 6. Or uber lings, maybe both.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 27 2015, 5:59 am by zsnakezz.

Options
  Back to forum