Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: Crucio Siege Tank
Crucio Siege Tank
Jan 10 2008, 9:09 am
By: KrayZee
Pages: < 1 2 3

Jan 24 2008, 3:10 pm BeDazed Post #41

The longer the warp rays attacks on a single target, the more damage it will add up. So if the damage is 10, it will keep adding up so it drains it faster. One of the Warp Ray's weaknesses are marines. But the whole point about warp rays is to have them all aim at one target before the other.
And there is only 3 levels to the damage that can go up! And you should also see to that BCs have yamato cannons. Those will blast warp rays to smitherins before they even get the chance to do any significant damage.

None.

Jan 24 2008, 4:56 pm KrayZee Post #42

Don't each only have enough energy for one? Despite how many Yamaoto shots they attack other Battlecruisers and Carriers.

None.

Jan 25 2008, 3:57 am BeDazed Post #43

Warp rays seem to do more damage to battlecruisers. Yamato cannons are usually enough to take out any non-capital ship class ships in 1 hit, capital ships in 2. (carrier and other battlecruisers) You shoot them down first. Besides, if they had warp rays AND carriers, terrans as well have many vikings. And on a note, Carriers do insignificant amount of damage toward battlecruisers. You saw how it took 3 of them forever to kill one battlecruiser.

On another note, Warp rays seemed expensive just like scouts were. I wouldn't reckon they would be any kind of a cheap unit.

Also, Tanks with 150HP is a hulking monster and feared by many other race players. It has 30 damage, and most mecha units have 100 to 200 HP. And on a side note, theres NOWAY a goliath would win vs a tank. It takes 5 normal damage hits for a tank to win versus a goliath while it takes 13 hits for it to kill a tank. And no, tank's normal damage cooldown isn't so slow compared to goliaths.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 25 2008, 4:07 am by BeDazed.

None.

Jan 25 2008, 4:34 am KrayZee Post #44

Goliaths can easily destroy a Tank if they ever come very close and forces the Tank to transform right back to Siege Mode. Especially since the Viking replaces both Wraiths and Goliaths at the same time, they can come close as powerful as both although if ground transformation, it isn't allowed to attack air and vise versa. Yet, vikings come as close to the Goliaths against Siege Tanks, I don't think Siege Tanks would stand a chance against vikings if they happen to fly and land right near the Siege Tanks. If you seen the Terran video, that explains it all.

Scouts are incredibly useless against ground units, I believe that both Warp Rays and Phoenix replaces the scouts perfectly. Though Warp Rays are up against heavy and powerful (Since the added damage would be useless compared to a small unit) while Phoenix aims at quantities such as Mutalisks, Marines, Banshees and so on. Like in the Protoss trailer, they're nothing compared to the Battlecruisers.

Warp Rays' weak advantages are smaller units since they are really tend to be used against buildings, defenses and capital ships. Especially if you have Banshees coming after your Warp Rays, using the predecessor Valkyries and Wraiths with Rockets and Cloak allows them to take out those threats. Not even observers would help most of the Warp Rays destroy all Banshees alone. Their job is to eliminate anything powerful.

None.

Jan 26 2008, 3:22 am BeDazed Post #45

Goliaths can easily destroy a Tank if they ever come very close and forces the Tank to transform right back to Siege Mode.
Thats why in a TvT, dropship usage is very high.

Their job is to eliminate anything powerful.
And how would they fulfill this if they get destroyed in one hit by a yamato cannon? You know that the BCs on SC2 trailer was already heavily damaged.

None.

Jan 26 2008, 8:36 am KrayZee Post #46

Quote from BeDazed
Thats why in a TvT, dropship usage is very high.
Pretty much, I believe Vikings are one of the Terran units that can easily take out the enemy's defense.

Quote from BeDazed
And how would they fulfill this if they get destroyed in one hit by a yamato cannon? You know that the BCs on SC2 trailer was already heavily damaged.
The Phoenix only scratched the Battlecruisers, even though they overloaded. And it doesn't matter that the Battlecruisers had full health or not. You know how Warp Rays attacks, the longer it is, the more damage it will give instead of adding it up. So instead of 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10, it would be like 10 + 11 + 12 + 13 + 14 but I don't know their real damage number is but the point is that it rip apart Battlecruisers much faster. A single Warp Ray should do 75 damage (Add the numbers) instead of 50 (Add the numbers that adds itself) and 50 is an example of what most units would do. The whole point of Warp Rays is to group them all up against one target at a time instead. You already saw how four warp rays eliminated three Battlecruisers.

Warp Rays aiming at a 9999 HP target will allow them to rip it apart faster than any other units combined if excluding Warp Rays.

None.

Jan 26 2008, 2:41 pm BeDazed Post #47

KrAzY, that would be beyond rigged. Theres a limit to how far the damage can go up to. And that the warp rays have 3 levels of damage as they attack a single unit, as shown in animation. Watch it carefully.

This.

And if you haven't noticed, they are super fast attackers. So they would do 1+2+3 kind of damages, or 2+3+4 kind of damages.

None.

Jan 27 2008, 2:03 am KrayZee Post #48

Pretty much, I was just making an example. Though they are incredibly vulnerable to quantities.

None.

Jan 27 2008, 5:28 am BeDazed Post #49

Even though I've only noticed just, Battlecruiser's firepower has dramatically increased too. It has destroyed a carrier's shield in 3 successive shots.

ALSO EDIT:: I seem to notice that Phoenix's overload ability works like an aerial psionic storm. This ability, should still be effective to ALL air units.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 27 2008, 10:16 am by BeDazed.

None.

Jan 27 2008, 1:11 pm pneumatic Post #50

Quote from frazz
Strange because of the Dreadnought (I forget the real name, it's basically a Dreadnought anyway). You'd think they'd get a lighter tank instead.

hell yeah warhammer.

None.

Jan 29 2008, 3:46 am FatalException Post #51

'ARRY POTTA GOT A TANK?!

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum