Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Überena
Überena
Dec 28 2007, 3:04 am
By: Moose
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Jan 16 2008, 12:50 pm Moose Post #21

We live in a society.

I appreciate your input and gratuitous defense of your position. Thank you!

Jan 16 2008, 11:09 pm Esponeo Post #22

You already know why it sucks. I just wanted to remind you that it does suck. It seems like you've forgotten that every time I see your change lists.

None.

Jan 16 2008, 11:52 pm Moose Post #23

We live in a society.

[18:53:11] Moose: "You already know why it sucks. I just wanted to remind you that it does suck. It seems like you've forgotten that every time I see your change lists."
[18:53:12] Moose: I do?
[18:53:20] Esponeo: Probably not.
[18:53:29] Moose: You claim to have told me.
[18:53:45] Esponeo: I didn't claim that.
[18:53:49] Esponeo: That's a fact though.
[18:53:51] Esponeo: I have told you.
[18:54:00] Esponeo: Which does not necessarily mean you currently know.
[18:54:05] Moose: --[18:14:03] Esponeo: Uberena is like
--[18:14:12] Esponeo: Fifty guys ejaculating into one woman
--[18:14:21] Esponeo: and she gives birth to a freakish, nightmare baby
--[18:14:23] Esponeo: that is Uberena.
[18:54:07] Esponeo: Which is why I said "probably not"
[18:54:11] Moose: That is a metaphor, not why it sucks
[18:54:19] Moose: --[18:15:15] Esponeo: You clearly had absolutely no direction
--[18:15:19] Esponeo: of what you wanted Uberena to be
--[18:15:23] Esponeo: and just started throwing shit in there
--[18:15:44] Esponeo: So its like this big orgy of totally random shit.
[18:54:23] Moose: Still not why it sucks.
[18:54:29] Moose: --[18:16:00] Esponeo: Maybe you had a direction, but you quickly abandoned or lost it.
--[18:16:39] Esponeo: And right now it is a hopeless mess.
--[18:17:15] Esponeo: And trying to turn it back into something worth playing
--[18:17:21] Esponeo: would be like buying a bunch of ground beef from the super market
--[18:17:26] Esponeo: and trying to use duct tape to get a cow.
[18:54:31] Esponeo: Closer though.
[18:54:31] Moose: Still more metaphors.
[18:54:58] Moose: Looks like I have to go to logs for your OLD AIM name
[18:55:07] Esponeo: I didn't really want to discuss this.
[18:55:11] Esponeo: I was just looking for random topics to post in.
[18:55:16] Moose: Then stop hurling shit at my maps
[18:55:20] Esponeo: Spam, you see?
[18:55:24] Esponeo: Spam that hurts your feelings too.
[18:55:27] Esponeo: That's the best kind of spam.

Jan 17 2008, 1:48 am chuiu Post #24

This map is too big.

None.

Mar 9 2008, 9:22 pm Centreri Post #25

Relatively ancient and inactive

Nonsense! The terrain could use some creativity, though.

None.

Mar 10 2008, 4:18 am Moose Post #26

We live in a society.

It's balanced, so I'm happy with it. Other than that, YOU MAKE ME BETTER TERRAIN THEN.

Mar 10 2008, 9:36 pm Centreri Post #27

Hah! you didn't think I'd actually do it, did you!!!

Just something to encourage the use of the the hills. Probably have to be expanded height-wise, since I screwed that up.

None.

Mar 11 2008, 4:43 pm Moose Post #28

We live in a society.

No offense, but if I only cared about balance and ignored the fact that it looks like shit, I would've drawn terrain like that already.

Mar 11 2008, 9:23 pm Centreri Post #29

Likewise, no offense, but your terrain pretty much removes the use of terrain in combat by requiring people to walk around the main area to get to a hill, makes terrain exploitation while defending pretty much impossible, and is effectively an open arena, since I've really rarely actually ventured or seen others venture from the straight line from one overmind to another (okay, except with air units or while suiciding, but the terrain doesn't matter then anyway). Your only real doodads also deviate from that line.

I'm not forcing you to use it, but when you call my terrain shit after having almost nothing in that category yourself, it really pisses me off. A nice 'No, thank you, I like my terrain more' or better yet 'because I like green/natural-looking cliffs/nonsymmetricity' would have been much better.

None.

Mar 12 2008, 1:19 am Moose Post #30

We live in a society.

Please excuse my lack of manners and accept my apologies for the rude behavior. Sir, I bear an aversion to your terrain insofar as the information my brain receives through ocular input while oberserving it is not pleasing to me. While I will concede that your landscape is indeed balanced, one would be prevaricating to affirm that your terrain is natural in appearance. As functional as it may be, it is unfortunately deficient in aesthetics.

Mar 12 2008, 1:34 am Ryan Post #31

Thank you Dictionary.com.
You could probably use some blends to make that back cliff look good, but I think Moose has made it very clear that he likes his terrain and doesn't give a rats ass about how unbalanced it is.

Sorry. I don't like your terrain because it doesn't look good. I agree that your hill is balanced, but one would be lying to say that your terrain looks natural. As functional as it may be, it doesn't look good. Lol ^ ^

None.

Mar 12 2008, 1:37 am Moose Post #32

We live in a society.

My terrain is perfectly balanced. I painstakingly went through everything square by square, measuring all the tiles precisely and such. The terain isn't unbalanced, it's just boring. :P

Mar 12 2008, 1:46 am Centreri Post #33

Please excuse my lack of manners and accept my apologies for the rude behavior. Sir, I bear an aversion to your terrain insofar as the information my brain receives through ocular input while oberserving it is not pleasing to me. While I will concede that your landscape is indeed balanced, one would be prevaricating to affirm that your terrain is natural in appearance. As functional as it may be, it is unfortunately deficient in aesthetics.
I forgive ya'. You can't use aesthetics in that way, though - it's not the same thing as beauty. Its the study of beauty, more like :P.

Now, why is this hosted so rarely? Pisses me off :-( .

None.

Mar 15 2008, 4:29 am Moose Post #34

We live in a society.

v030B & C
» Fixed bugs related to the Minimind.

----
Yeah, just a quick bugfix.

Anyway, I've got a few plans for this map if I get motivated. Let me know what you think.

-I like the Minimind now that it's (hopefully) debugged. However, it isn't very effective in the later game. Perhaps I will implement scaling for the HP of the Minimind depending on how many times it's been purchased (like the mineral hero) to make it more effective late game. I could go 1500, 3000, 4500, 6000, 7500 (max) or something similar.

-New Terrain. Perhaps I can put forth some effort into it and try to make it good, like I do every so often (Armored Core, for example.)

-Replace the invincy IT hero with something else. Possibly replace other heroes. I had an idea for a "hero box" that randomly gets a new hero added to it every few minutes. One hero buys all the heroes in the box.

-Implement Überena Modern, which I've been planning for a while now. (I have a test version, but it's made on like... Überena 026 (To make a note, I checked, it's 028). :P) Its premise is that you lose a percentage of your score each spawn and your mineral amount adjusts accordingly (the exact numbers of score and minerals are adjusted from Classic, obviously). Heroes are given every 50k cumulative kill points. I may make Classic/Modern selectable from the beginning by a player from each team, or make it into seperate maps. Time will tell.
Überena Modern also opens up the possibility for new heroes such as score modifiers.

-Perhaps add "achievements" that give score bonuses for certain feats or things like that? :O

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 15 2008, 5:08 pm by Mini Moose 2707.

Mar 15 2008, 9:04 am MillenniumArmy Post #35

Just wondering, but is there a particular reason why you made the bases top and bottom rather than left and right? Because IMO i like micro type maps better when it's left and right because you have wider vision (20 squares as opposed to 10 or 12 i can't remember). Just a thought :P

None.

Mar 15 2008, 2:32 pm Moose Post #36

We live in a society.

I made it that way because most of the Team Micro maps I played before making this were top/bottom. Not that that's any reason to keep that way. I was planning to ask if anyone would mind if I made this a left/right map. Just because we don't have any true north-facing ramps and I can't make it truly balanced top/bottom.

Mar 16 2008, 8:47 pm Paravin. Post #37

Charging mah ūbercharge!

None.

Aug 7 2008, 5:54 pm Moose Post #38

We live in a society.

So I got inspired to look at this map again. I found more bugs with the Minimind and really fixed them this time. (Seriously!)

Should I go any futher in changes with this or just release the fix?
Also, would anyone be interested in doing terrain for this? Or should I actually put effort into it myself? It would probably end up becoming left-right instead of top-bottom. Any objections?

Aug 7 2008, 6:29 pm FlyingHat Post #39

Left-right would be a welcome change. :)

None.

Aug 7 2008, 6:51 pm Excalibur Post #40

The sword and the faith

Id be willing to terrain something Moose, if you'd like some extended stuff that is.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum