Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Making an ability cost minerals
Making an ability cost minerals
Jul 7 2012, 8:54 pm
By: Pr0nogo  

Jul 7 2012, 8:54 pm Pr0nogo Post #1

I need to mod the Yamato Cannon to cost minerals. I'm trying to make a sort of 'ammo' system, where the mineral counter acts as the amount of times the player may use the ability. This would allow me to place ammo caches here and there. Any ideas?

Jul 9 2012, 4:47 pm Biophysicist Post #2

Plugin, natch. Do you know C++ and have access to GPTP? If so, do a unit loop and check when unit->mainOrderId is whatever Yamato's order is, which can be looked up in enumerations.h or order.dat. Inside that block, check if the player's minerals are high enough; deduct if they are, and otherwise set unit->mainOrderId to 1 (which is Stop).

None.

Jul 9 2012, 6:59 pm Pr0nogo Post #3

Quote from Biophysicist
Do you know C++

No.

Jul 11 2012, 5:56 pm xAngelSpiritx Post #4

eternal lurker

I've asked about this before; see here.

Quote from Biophysicist
Plugin, natch. Do you know C++ and have access to GPTP? If so, do a unit loop and check when unit->mainOrderId is whatever Yamato's order is, which can be looked up in enumerations.h or order.dat. Inside that block, check if the player's minerals are high enough; deduct if they are, and otherwise set unit->mainOrderId to 1 (which is Stop).
Won't that cause the minerals to be deducted for every frame that the order is being executed, instead of just once?

None.

Jul 11 2012, 6:54 pm Biophysicist Post #5

Yah, that's what I ran into and why this isn't done yet. >.>

None.

Jul 11 2012, 7:52 pm Pr0nogo Post #6

Thanks for the service, nonetheless. This is well beyond me.

Options
  Back to forum