Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Desert Strike WarHead
Desert Strike WarHead
Jun 13 2012, 10:06 am
By: GGmano  

Aug 21 2012, 12:13 am staxx Post #21

Ah yes, it would seem you're right.

Although, the whole point of this is to not include lurkers in the generic unit order. There are many ways of doing this. The above that i had mentioned was a fix that normally works for many other things. Either way you slice it, his map includes lurkers in a unit order that happens after about 5 seconds which is the reason for his lurkers unburrowing as soon as they burrow renderring them a pointless unit to purchase.

*Updated post to reflect changes he would need to make*

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 21 2012, 10:35 am by staxx.

None.

Aug 21 2012, 12:32 pm GGmano Post #22

Mr.Pete-Tong

Quote from Lanthanide
The last thing you want to do is give lurkers to player 10 and back: http://www.staredit.net/222416/

I dont give units for p10 and back.. i belive i removed that for warhead and final, so that aint an issue to me.

Quote from staxx
Based on your previous maps, i know you ordered your units every 65 death counts or so to patrol to a location. This is equivelent to about 5.4 seconds.
Your lurkers are included in this order from what i've seen. This would mean, as soon as the lurkers burrow, theyre ordered to patrol again renderring them useless.
If you order lurkers on a seperate unit order which happens at a higher death count this will resolve the issue.
Neither is my patrole order an issue im havin units ordered per 80 death and lurkers do burrow if im gonna differentciate orders between other men n lurkers i would need to do as you are saying only that i would need more than the allowed actions to order my men and when i already differenciate between where units are ordered to cause of prison silo (units ordered to prison as long as prison is on field if no prison the ordered to silo if no prison or silo they ordered to temple. Would make up alot of actions and triggers and eventually might cause lag. I did it in the map 2012finalbrood which i removed since i didnt like that map to much. in this i just use men as order which include lurkers and thats no trigger fault, what ur saying is that lurkers ai could be better if individaulized their order and ill agree on that just as the map is now the lurkers works ok.. so i dont see any reason for me to change it. your way as soon as they are ordered they would still unburrow just not as many times. third reason for me not to change it would that lurkers would just be a better unit and i would need to adjust the balance according to that, while im now balancing the map according to lurkers beeing ordered together with other mens/units. Last reason would be that nothing would make lurkers unburrow and move further up the map with rest of the units while your having a push towards enemy temple, this i belive would be a even worse than havin them unburrow each 8 seconds or so. To make lurkers better i could adjust the time inbetween each orders and that i will look into to make them slighty better.

ive only found one trigger fault, it causes the map the crash is about given the nuclear silo back and forward to from players to computer players, the problem for me is that im not sure if this is what causing the map to crash, but im pretty sure since my experience from playing Desert strike vqueen beta where map also crashed sometimes on given back and forward nuclear silo. The problem is that the map is not always crashing when given nuclear silo to computer and opposite and this i have been testing these days.

so i assume u didnt find any trigger faults just u found something that you thought could be done better, i see your point but i dont see it as problem for the map neither i see it as a trigger fault.

Quote from staxx
You already know how many glitches/bugs/cheats i've found in your previous maps, so when i say there are balance issues and faulty triggers, just take my word for it
Making a new map needs alot of testing and since you have been the one ive tested with than yes ofcourse you have found faults, same as i have testing your maps. but dosent make any reason for you to think that it helps neither me or anyone else saying my map has trigger fault without you explaining the fault. you dont need setup up how to fix it just explain what whent wrong and add a replay if possibel then ill do all i can to fix it.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Aug 21 2012, 1:20 pm by GGmano.

A Legendary Map Maker, Player. Apparently im more than intresting to observe Irl

Ill try do my best in making all youre watchers happy

The maps I made are tweaked into perfection and maximum strategy added

Aug 21 2012, 2:19 pm staxx Post #23

I dont give units for p10 and back.. i belive i removed that for warhead and final, so that aint an issue to me.
He was referring to something i posted originally that i fixed.

Neither is my patrole order an issue im havin units ordered per 80 death and lurkers do burrow if im gonna differentciate orders between other men n lurkers i would need to do as you are saying only that i would need more than the allowed actions to order my men and when i already differenciate between where units are ordered to cause of prison silo (units ordered to prison as long as prison is on field if no prison the ordered to silo if no prison or silo they ordered to temple. Would make up alot of actions and triggers and eventually might cause lag. I did it in the map 2012finalbrood which i removed since i didnt like that map to much. in this i just use men as order which include lurkers and thats no trigger fault, what ur saying is that lurkers ai could be better if individaulized their order and ill agree on that just as the map is now the lurkers works ok.. so i dont see any reason for me to change it. your way as soon as they are ordered they would still unburrow just not as many times. third reason for me not to change it would that lurkers would just be a better unit and i would need to adjust the balance according to that, while im now balancing the map according to lurkers beeing ordered together with other mens/units. Last reason would be that nothing would make lurkers unburrow and move further up the map with rest of the units while your having a push towards enemy temple, this i belive would be a even worse than havin them unburrow each 8 seconds or so. To make lurkers better i could adjust the time inbetween each orders and that i will look into to make them slighty better.

I didnt say they had a problem burrowing, i said they unburrow right as soon as they burrow. If you think about it, it takes approximately 3-4 seconds for a lurker to burrow, theyre not always going to burrow when your death count is at 0 which means its highly likely that theyre being ordered again mid-burrowing causing them to unburrow. I don't know about you, but that seems pretty useless to me, yes i saw it happen first hand as i played as zerg in that one match. I can go more in depth if you like but at the end of the day its your map, if you want lurkers to unburrow right after burrowing then leave it how you like it.

so i assume u didnt find any trigger faults just u found something that you thought could be done better, i see your point but i dont see it as problem for the map neither i see it as a trigger fault.
If you say so :) I had noticed about 5 others btw. Like i mentioned though, not interested in helping.

Making a new map needs alot of testing and since you have been the one ive tested with than yes ofcourse you have found faults, same as i have testing your maps. but dosent make any reason for you to think that it helps neither me or anyone else saying my map has trigger fault without you explaining the fault. you dont need setup up how to fix it just explain what whent wrong and add a replay if possibel then ill do all i can to fix it.
If you say so, but i will remind you that a lot of the bugs/glitches/cheats came from triggers that were recycled from your previous versions, your last map before final having about 10 testers on it (just saying). As for not explaining the faults, i'm not interested in helping. You should know the reasons, but it doesn't appear so based on how many times you've asked me to explain my findings so i shall remind you.

I'm not interested in helping someone who takes credit for everything that was worked on as a team. I'll leave it at that.

None.

Aug 21 2012, 9:43 pm GGmano Post #24

Mr.Pete-Tong

Quote from staxx
I didnt say they had a problem burrowing, i said they unburrow right as soon as they burrow. If you think about it, it takes approximately 3-4 seconds for a lurker to burrow, theyre not always going to burrow when your death count is at 0 which means its highly likely that theyre being ordered again mid-burrowing causing them to unburrow. I don't know about you, but that seems pretty useless to me, yes i saw it happen first hand as i played as zerg in that one match. I can go more in depth if you like but at the end of the day its your map, if you want lurkers to unburrow right after burrowing then leave it how you like it.

If u try the map beeing zerg vs terran ull notice how good lurkers can be in this map. So i cant agree that lurkers suck as you mention it i did add more time inbetween orders and im gonna balance the map from that since i did see that they do unburrow abit fast after beeing burrowed.. still they did ok especialy vs terran.. but now they should be abit better.

Lurkers ai was abit new to me at first cause im not used to the broodwar units.. and youre advises aint the best choice to change it into, lurkers in most ds maps are super issued and here they are ok, but something for me to improve-

Also i now fixed the crashmap with nuclear silos transfers.

And Finally got the flow up running nice between the gas and the mineral income..

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on May 6 2022, 4:32 am by GGmano.

A Legendary Map Maker, Player. Apparently im more than intresting to observe Irl

Oct 17 2012, 10:32 am GGmano Post #25

Mr.Pete-Tong

Finally ive finished with the scm version of desert strike WarHead.. Enjoy ima upload couple replays if anyone is ever watching these..

Oct 27 2012, 8:04 am GGmano Post #26

Mr.Pete-Tong

heres 2 replays of the desert strike warhead m (desert strike warhead scm version)

And 1 replay of warhead scx with lurkers medics corsairs and so

Attachments:
Warheadscxrep.rep
Hits: 0 Size: 125.69kb
NiceDsWarHead.rep
Hits: 0 Size: 137.26kb

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 31 2012, 12:21 pm by GGmano.

Options
  Back to forum