Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: StarCraft 2: Arcade Beta - HotS Key Contest
StarCraft 2: Arcade Beta - HotS Key Contest
Jun 5 2012, 1:49 am
By: Ahli  

Jun 5 2012, 1:49 am Ahli Post #1

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

STARCRAFT II - Heart of the Swarm Beta Key Contest
--- Patch 1.5 Arcade Beta ---

Quote from Blizzard
The new Arcade game portal promises to bring big improvements to the way we all play custom games. It brings with it a whole swarm of new features, including new search options, Game Info pages that will show you everything you need to know to jump right into the action, and ratings and reviews too. Of course, ratings and reviews are at their most useful when other players have already chimed in to provide their perspectives, and we want to make sure this feature is working great before Patch 1.5 is released. That’s where you come in, because your ratings and reviews could earn you a beta key for StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm while you help us test the Arcade Beta at the same time.

If you want to get into the action, playing the Rate the Game beta contest is easy. First, visit your account management page, download and install the Arcade (1.5.0) Beta product you see in the game accounts section, then hop into the Arcade to play. To enter the contest, all you have to do is play, rate, and review an Arcade game. The first time you rate and review a new game each day the contest is running gives you another chance to win, so it pays to visit every day until the contest ends. At the end of the contest period we’ll randomly choose 250 eligible contestants to win StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm beta keys!

Please remember that you’ll need an active StarCraft II account in good standing to win, and be sure to read the rules before you get started.
You can find the article here.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 5 2012, 10:47 pm by Ahli.

Jun 5 2012, 10:38 pm ClansAreForGays Post #2

Thank you for this.

Jun 5 2012, 10:48 pm OlimarandLouie Post #3

Ho boy.

None.

Jun 6 2012, 12:44 am DevliN Post #4

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I just realized that I may have some beta keys coming my way once that starts, so I can probably give some out as prizes or something for our own contests as well.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Jun 6 2012, 1:35 am TiKels Post #5

When you say "prizes" does that mean for sc2 contests or sc1 contests? Or both?

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Jun 6 2012, 3:05 am DevliN Post #6

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

If I get enough keys, probably both (assuming the winner of the SC1 contest has SC2).

My Overwatch addiction.

Jun 6 2012, 1:53 pm NudeRaider Post #7

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

huh? You need StarCraft 2 (aka WoL) to play HotS beta? Somehow I thought it would be a standalone expansion.

Jun 6 2012, 3:04 pm DevliN Post #8

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I'm not sure, I just assumed that Blizzard would take back it's claim that they were standalone games and require
WoL (at least for the beta). If not then, then that won't be a requirement to win. :)

My Overwatch addiction.

Jun 6 2012, 3:31 pm Ahli Post #9

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from DevliN
I'm not sure, I just assumed that Blizzard would take back it's claim that they were standalone games and require
WoL (at least for the beta). If not then, then that won't be a requirement to win. :)
Uhm, all maps require assets. So it might be stupid to make HotS a stand-alone game because then you can't play all arcade maps. These maps might use Wings of Libertey and Heart of the Swarm assets which is very likely for all of the maps. Blizzard said that mappers are NOT allowed to transfer assets from the expansion to the main game which would indeed hurt the sales and therefore Blizzard. So that's perfectly fine.

In the end Heart of the Swarm is just a big Assets + Campaign + Multiplayer expansion and a new cash flow for Blizzard to continue developing their engine and maintaining the game. I've put more time into SC2 than I would value the 40€ that I've spend to buy WoL. So I've no problem at all with buying HotS and forcing everyone to buy WoL to play HotS for the arcade's sake. Just compare your costs/hour for going into the cinema and buying a video game with multiplayer support. For me, even D3 was already worth it, even if I think that the endgame isn't perfect, yet. But there will be at least 1 expansion to D3. So we know already that it is going to be addressed while they gather real data instead of thoughts about how the players progress and at which pace through the game.

Options
  Back to forum