Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: A few revamp ideas
A few revamp ideas
May 11 2012, 9:05 pm
By: SCRuler  

May 27 2012, 2:03 am Biophysicist Post #21

You're... You're in the wrong section. This is Brood War, not SC2... Buildings can turn in Brood War (with the Missile Turret being the example from melee) and "arc" is an SC2 thing.

None.

May 27 2012, 2:46 am IskatuMesk Post #22

Lord of the Locker Room

Actually, what he's saying is valid in BW, too, assuming he's referring to weapons.dat.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

May 27 2012, 4:23 am SCRuler Post #23

Ok luzz, how do I do that?
anyway, the structure spellcasting isn't too important.

None.

May 27 2012, 2:32 pm luzz Post #24

Oh ya sorry. I jut assumed u were talking about SC2 because u were adding an ability to a structure... Which I had no idea was possible in sc1. I thought all the units/structures had their set abilities and u couldn't change those around. So sorry, I don't know how you would do this in sc1 :(

None.

Jun 2 2012, 9:18 pm coolpotatoes Post #25

I'm not sure if I exactly understand your problems with the warp gate...but I started on a mod a couple of years ago that included the warp gate. Basically I got it to do what I wanted (warp in from probe, and build units) the only hitch was that it flashes the white gateway overlay when it warps in, otherwise no warp problems. Anyway here is that Iscript code I used for it. From what I remember I just changed the action in Firegraft to build a warp gate instead of gateway. Then just played with the Iscript to make it look like the gateway. I never could manage to remove the gateway flash without it crashing. Here it is below. Let me know if this helps.
Code
# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- #
# This is a decompile of the iscript.bin file 'C:\icecc\data\scripts\iscript.bin'
# created on: Sat Jul 31 18:52:09 2010
# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- #

# This header is used by images.dat entries:
# 171 Gateway (protoss\gateway.grp)
.headerstart
IsId               173
Type               27
Init               GatewayInit
Death               GatewayDeath
GndAttkInit         [NONE]
AirAttkInit         [NONE]
Unused1             [NONE]
GndAttkRpt         [NONE]
AirAttkRpt         [NONE]
CastSpell           [NONE]
GndAttkToIdle       [NONE]
AirAttkToIdle       [NONE]
Unused2             [NONE]
Walking             [NONE]
WalkingToIdle       [NONE]
SpecialState1       [NONE]
SpecialState2       [NONE]
AlmostBuilt         [NONE]
Built               GatewayBuilt
Landing             [NONE]
LiftOff             [NONE]
IsWorking           GatewayBuilt
WorkingToIdle       GatewayBuilt
WarpIn             GatewayWarpIn
Unused3             [NONE]
InitTurret         [NONE]
Disable             GatewayBuilt
Burrow             [NONE]
UnBurrow           [NONE]
Enable             GatewayBuilt
.headerend

GatewayInit:
    imgul               173 0 0     # GatewayShad (protoss\pgaShad.grp)
    playfram           0
    goto               GatewayBuilt

GatewayBuilt:
    wait               125

GatewayDeath:
    playsnd             7     # Misc\ExploLrg.wav
    imgol               215 0 0     # ProtossBuildingExplosionLarge (thingy\tBangX.grp)
    wait               3
    lowsprul           223 0 0     # ProtossBuildingRubbleSmall (thingy\PRubbleS.grp)
    wait               1
    end                

GatewayWarpIn:
    imgol               172 0 0     # GatewayWarpFlash (protoss\gateway.grp)

None.

Jun 2 2012, 11:55 pm SCRuler Post #26

I dont really need the Warp Gate. It's not important.
The Ion Cannon is my biggest issue right now, aside from restarting the entire project. And the Warp Rift issue.

None.

Jun 4 2012, 11:26 pm SCRuler Post #27

One little question aside from the current issues:
Is it possible to have different team colors?
Like, I mean assign different colors to be in the eight teams? Im not sure how I can explain further.
You know, I guess replace colors, for example, replace normal brown for the game with black.

None.

Jun 5 2012, 12:21 am IskatuMesk Post #28

Lord of the Locker Room

tunit.pcx, and there is another one that controls the minimap colors, forget the name.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Jun 5 2012, 1:41 am SCRuler Post #29

I see, do you use a paint program?

None.

Jun 5 2012, 2:47 am IskatuMesk Post #30

Lord of the Locker Room

I used paint shop pro 7 for all of my starcraft-related image editing. You'll need to make sure you don't change or screw up the specific palette it's using (photoshop doesn't handle palettes in nearly a clear as a fashion), or you'll either crash sc or end up with funky colors.

Jun 5 2012, 12:03 pm SCRuler Post #31

ok.
All I want is to change Brown team to Black.
I open the file, then what do I do?
How many squares do I fill in with black?

None.

Jun 5 2012, 12:17 pm IskatuMesk Post #32

Lord of the Locker Room

This will have to be a thing you need to make some assumptions/tests with. Also, I recommend using a series of dark grays instead of 0,0,0 black. It'll look better.

As you can probably guess, the different shades are the different color depths that the magneta gets translated into. The game will be hardcoded to read certain indexes for certain pixels in that block. So, zoom in and isolate all of the ones you'd assume to be brown. Then replace as you will. Save, test.

Jun 5 2012, 12:36 pm SCRuler Post #33

This may take a while.
I still gotta consolidate everything back into an mpq again. I dont want to do that till I finish the iscript for the ion cannon, which I still need some help with.
Also, I would like to know if repair can be made autocast like Heal (hardcoded isnt it?) and if I can add it to another unit, for example Science vessel.
Also, is it possible to make an Automated Refinery?

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 8 2012, 4:05 pm by SCRuler.

None.

Options
  Back to forum