Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Final Conquest - Alpha
Final Conquest - Alpha
Mar 23 2012, 6:55 am
By: PunWisp  

Mar 23 2012, 6:55 am PunWisp Post #1

First off I just want to say I primarily made this for me and my friends to have fun, but I think has potential for something more in the future.

Final Conquest (Name is not perma)

For the moment FC is a Terran-focused (For the moment) mod, that will have a number of added units, including several units from the campaign/classic. I also used the mercenary units as a base for the new units. I have done no changes for the standard melee units. I am posting this for more ideas/suggestion, along with some balancing needed. Some units will not be as they are now, later on I will add/take away certain abilities. These are the new units... (Note, I wasn't planning on adding protoss, so I put some of there stuff terran. Goal is to greatly expand Terrans). Also in case you ask, at the end of each unit I have unit costs.

Infantry: (Barracks)

Firebat: (Campaign/Sc1) 125/50/-2, Requires Tech Lab.

Medic: (Campaign/Sc1) 75/50/-1, No requirements.

Spectre: Different then the campaign version, to make this one different than the ghost, I took a all abilities save Ultrasonic Pulse (Stuns units in a small radius) and added perma cloak. This unit cannot call upon nukes. 200/150/-2, requires ghost academy & Tech Lab.

Spartan: based on War Pigs, the goal of this unit is to be a late-game marine unit. Stronger, with a bit more armor. To keep up with some of the other unit. These in bulk are quite powerful, but eat up resources. 200/50/-2, requires armory. Later on stim will be taken away and I will add a different ability. (Ideas?)

Mechanical units: (Factory)

Goliath: (Campaign/Sc1), 200/150/-2, Requires Tech Lab.

Titan: Based on Siege breakers, I took away siege, upped armor, health, and attack, while also slowering its attack speed. Does bonus Vs. biological & structures. 200/150/-3, Requires Tech Lab and Armory.

Diamondback: (Campaign), Costs 150/175/-4 requires tech lab

Aircraft: (Starport)

Medusa: Based on "Dusk Wings" This I made a bit wider then the original unit, and changed its weapon to photon cannon. Which deals bonus to mechanical and biological units. Currently it has cloak, but only by accident-haha. Currently the unit needs to be nerfed in damage. However I think its a cool unit. Has 175 HP, 1 armor, 175/100/-3 requires tech lab.

Science Vessel: (Campaign/sc1)

Zeus: This is based off of Jackson's Revenge. Currently its ability is messed up but still works, but can only be used 3 times.. Despite that, its a huge warship that deals excellent damage to ground units, and decent to air, it has 1k HP, and I believe 3 armor. It costs 1000/1000/-15, requires tech lab and fusion core. Currently its size is not very large. I lowered it but I'm making it large again. Full ups and these guys are powerful, but expensive. Not good to have by itself though, dont want it singled out..

Structures:

Perdition Turret: (Campaign), 100/50, requires engineering bay.

Cloaking Tower: My favorite, originally I was making a mind control tower, but it wasn't working correctly so I tried this. I gave it the motherships mass cloaking ability and works perfectly. It cloaks units around the tower (Not a huge radius), and the tower doesn't cloak itself, and has low hp, and is kinda large, so its a easy target. 500/400.

This is what I got so far.. I put the mod for now on my tournament style map I created a while back, seems fine for the mod for now. I think this one is locked, but I have no problem releasing the mod unlocked for people to use it on there maps, or to learn. Anyway, about the mod, some help balancing would be greatly appreciated. Some units need to be buffed, or nerfed, or need a new ability/change. Any help is appreciated.

I'll edit this post and improve it as time goes on. Let me know if I need to add any information.

Attachments:
Final Conquest - Alpha.SC2Map
Hits: 0 Size: 1137.13kb

None.

Options
  Back to forum