Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: New Unit: TF-620 Nomad
New Unit: TF-620 Nomad
Dec 18 2007, 8:34 pm
By: frazz  

Dec 25 2007, 3:22 am BeDazed Post #21

I am just saying its impossible to stop DT rushes with that.
* obs *
some guy: YAY I MADE A NOMAD!!!!! WITH NO TROOPS AT ALL! nOW I OWN J00!!
other guy walks in with about 3 dts.
rapes all scvs and goes out and comes in with lots of zlots.
some guy: NOOOOO...

None.

Dec 25 2007, 5:12 am frazz Post #22

So what you're saying is... Starcraft is balanced?
What an amazing discovery.

None.

Dec 25 2007, 11:28 pm BeDazed Post #23

Of course its balanced.

None.

Dec 26 2007, 1:00 am frazz Post #24

I was pointing out the uselessness of your argument in the face of such an obvious fact.

None.

Dec 26 2007, 3:33 am BeDazed Post #25

What is this obvious fact- its balanced? Duh.

None.

Dec 26 2007, 6:14 pm frazz Post #26

Yes, so your argument was absolutely useless.

None.

Dec 26 2007, 11:02 pm BeDazed Post #27

How was my argument useless? That was not my point. You fail at extracting the thesis of arguments.
That was supposed to be an argument against people I've been telling: "Cool now I can use this to defend against DTs! LOL~!"

None.

Dec 27 2007, 12:18 am frazz Post #28

Well, it would own unsupported DTs.

None.

Dec 27 2007, 5:37 am BeDazed Post #29

No it wouldn't. It wouldn't own at all. It either has a limit of its deployment or it has a resource cost of each deployment of turrets. And those things are instant- which means they wouldn't be very strong. A strike of a DT will kill it, or it would kill SCVs and walk out. Please. Tell me more of your unsupported, underthought, invalid statements.

None.

Jan 4 2008, 2:10 am GuN_Solar90 Post #30

1. I agree with what I believe to be the second post of this discussion, should repair and you know all that. I like this unit. The more units there are the better. Last StarCraft, there were more buildings than units! Ridiculocity!

2. Kellimus was banned? Maybe there should be a ban-news thing for these badboys.

3. Why is the first two pages of Frazz's posts reported? I hope he's not being penalized for this.

None.

Jan 7 2008, 11:25 pm acemania Post #31

When it comes down to it it's just a flying SCV with detection. I doubt that it builds turrets instantly but rather is able to transport them after construction. And it says "the nomad can construct a variety of small, semi-permanent defensive structures to meet various threats in a matter of moments." and if i recall correctly the sensor tower is a defensive structure.

None.

Jan 10 2008, 4:26 am Syphon Post #32

Quote from BeDazed
No it wouldn't. It wouldn't own at all. It either has a limit of its deployment or it has a resource cost of each deployment of turrets. And those things are instant- which means they wouldn't be very strong. A strike of a DT will kill it, or it would kill SCVs and walk out. Please. Tell me more of your unsupported, underthought, invalid statements.

It also has EMP. LOL BAI DTS.

None.

Jan 10 2008, 9:25 am KrayZee Post #33

If each turret is based on money and energy, then MASS defense!

Oh yeah, there's a footage in SC2 site in flash where you can see that the turrets ripped the Dark Templars apart. There was Marines and Tanks around but the turrets did most of the work, only about one marine and a tank were fighting the Dark Templars as soon the Nomads arrived. No Auto Turrets were harmed during the making of that video. Thank you.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 10 2008, 9:32 am by KrAzY.

None.

Jan 11 2008, 4:01 am RoryFenrir Post #34

this is the most retarded unit they have made so far... For one it looks like a piece of shit, my crappy GMax models own this. (not to mention my grps rape it) two, it just drops turrets in from no where! i could see if it could carry one in its arm things but it sucks instead!

None.

Jan 11 2008, 5:32 am KrayZee Post #35

Funny because it replaces the Science Vessel and uses the capabilities what the Science Vessel does. It should be your last resort of defense or first priority of attack. They can be proven useful when landing your forces upon the Battlefield and protecting them against any type of attack from cloak to something powerful.

None.

Jan 11 2008, 4:13 pm frazz Post #36

Like DTs!

None.

Jan 17 2008, 4:00 pm Valug Post #37

Why do you all assume SC1 tactics and characteristics will apply in SC2? It's not SC1 in 3D, it's a whole new game. The tiny bit of information the SC2 site gives us is no assurance to how each unit will play out and be used by the normal player. I'm sure this unit will have its part just like all the rest, Blizzard won't let us down.

None.

Jan 17 2008, 8:40 pm candle12345 Post #38

I like the concept, but the model is lacking here also. I think blizzard has gone awry witht heir art direction.
The unit idea itself is good, an advanced building unit that can be used for drops as well as defence, it also repairs units.

Nothing wrong with any of that.
Although replacing the science vessel, with a non-caster unit... Kinda dumb imo...

Also, to clear up any misconceptions.
Turrets are instant, they cost no resources only energy.
There is roughly enough energy for two turrets, and then the nomad must recharge
Turrets are actually tough, how long does it take to make a marine?
A lot shorter than it takes to wait for your nomad to recharge.
Turrets aren't free, they cost time. In SC, time is the most valuable resource [moreso than games like C&C, or Ground Control]

Anyway, all else failing, I'd imagine a single goon or 3-4 hydras would make short work of a nomad.
Oh wait. Blizzard destroyed the goon. :-(

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 17 2008, 8:46 pm by candle12345.

None.

Options
  Back to forum