Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Temple Siege website and rankings season!
Temple Siege website and rankings season!
Jan 31 2012, 10:13 pm
By: Jack
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4

Feb 27 2012, 1:22 am rudxo427 Post #61

Jack
u should pick ppl to make tutorials for each hero
and tell them to make vids of different builds
if u do this, ill do one too ;p
except idk who can add commentaries and who cant
and they should be turned into youtube vid files, but
i just dunno how to do THAT(i suck at this kinda stuff even if its ez)

None.

Feb 27 2012, 8:53 pm Jack Post #62

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Problem is there aren't many people who would do that, who I also think are good enough to show people how to play a particular hero properly. And no offence but you aren't one of them :P I can always commentate any videos made if people aren't able to, and put on youtube etc. or teach people how to encode them.

Rankings probably won't be updated until tomorrow at the soonest, as I'm at a friends house, and then have work.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Feb 28 2012, 2:57 am rudxo427 Post #63

Quote from Jack
Problem is there aren't many people who would do that, who I also think are good enough to show people how to play a particular hero properly. And no offence but you aren't one of them :P I can always commentate any videos made if people aren't able to, and put on youtube etc. or teach people how to encode them.

Rankings probably won't be updated until tomorrow at the soonest, as I'm at a friends house, and then have work.
aww lol
i probably would be too lazy to do that anyway
but that hurt D: im one of the TOP players !!!! (altho not very accurate yet)
fine
then another thing, the TS site should say everything about each hero,
including what it says when u go to the beacon for the hero
like niche(tank, offensive, versatile(idk how to spell it) and all that), , strengths, weakness, grinding average, speed and etc.
But if u dont have enough time, dont bother since it isnt the most important thing.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Feb 28 2012, 3:20 am by rudxo427.

None.

Feb 28 2012, 9:03 am Jack Post #64

I definitely plan on adding pages for each hero, and videos for each hero, plus general strategy guides. Rankings won't be updated till the day after tomorrow most likely.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Feb 28 2012, 3:38 pm ws-Beta Post #65

Interesting. I understand that more and more games are starting to do this recently, but will this work with temple siege? Won't it be hard to keep something like this up with the limited amount of players that SC BW has to offer? Don't get me wrong, I like what you are doing here and wish that they would have done this like 2 years ago.

On another note, might i suggest a team league?!? Not sure if it was already mentioned or on your mind for the future but i believe it would be a lot of fun. Also, another way to get your site broadcasted to all the players would be to have it on the mission objectives if it already isn't there (sorry for my ignorance, but I've been away from SC for awhile now and a lot has changed). Almost forgot, by analyzing do you mean you will be giving analysis on them for everybody else to see?

None.

Feb 29 2012, 5:58 am Jack Post #66

Quote from ws-Beta
Interesting. I understand that more and more games are starting to do this recently, but will this work with temple siege? Won't it be hard to keep something like this up with the limited amount of players that SC BW has to offer? Don't get me wrong, I like what you are doing here and wish that they would have done this like 2 years ago.
Yeah I wish I was able to do this 2 years ago too :P
I think there's probably about 500 players of TS right now, who play at least once a week. Mind you, the people who play regularly probably only compose about 150 of those (at least once a day). That's decent enough numbers for stats, and also I enjoy the coding experience regardless of the number of players :D
On another note, might i suggest a team league?!? Not sure if it was already mentioned or on your mind for the future but i believe it would be a lot of fun. Also, another way to get your site broadcasted to all the players would be to have it on the mission objectives if it already isn't there (sorry for my ignorance, but I've been away from SC for awhile now and a lot has changed). Almost forgot, by analyzing do you mean you will be giving analysis on them for everybody else to see?
Team league would be good probably, I'll definitely consider that. It will probably be in the next mission objectives when IAGG releases it. Analysis is me and some other people watching the replays and noting what hero was played and who won, then I put that into my program and it outputs the new points for each player (e.g. http://www.templesiege.com/rankings.php)

Red classic.

Feb 29 2012, 5:47 pm rudxo427 Post #67

u finally updated the ranking :P
but theres too much difference in ELO points between me and the two ppl above me
;;

None.

Mar 1 2012, 8:34 am Sacrieur Post #68

Still Napping

Quote from rudxo427
u finally updated the ranking :P
but theres too much difference in ELO points between me and the two ppl above me
;;

Being #1 means winning against lower ranks makes your ranking go up less and less.

None.

Mar 3 2012, 5:45 am rudxo427 Post #69

if we are making a team league,
i think each person should use the same hero till they are eliminated from the tourney
idk y but i think itll be more fun that way.. more challenging sometimes, other times just ez-going :l
that way, ppl cant go like "Oh, u only won cause u got lucky at picking and u got my counter", and when this
is done, ppl will probably choose their best hero, and they can actually play their best(i guess mostly)
= gg and u can post 'best games from the tournament' or something.

And secondly, this doesnt happen very often in TS, but i need this dealed with.
When people go mass reavers, lots of reavers are spawned. There is no problem here.
But, the problem is that each reaver holds 10 scarabs that gets recharged every shot..
each scarab takes up as a part of the 1650 unit limit in Starcraft(every single game). So if there are too many reavers,
there will be 10x the scarabs that will disable any spell use cause it cannot spawn any more units(We call it CCMU.) So
the solution: Change the battle tanks(reavers) so they only have 1 scarab at a time, and when it is used, it gets another ONE
scarab, not TEN. This will cause much less lag(depends) and players will actually be able to use spells as they wish.
If u dont get what i say, just msg me. This is all for gaming quality. Please fix.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 3 2012, 10:48 pm by rudxo427.

None.

Mar 3 2012, 11:04 pm Jack Post #70

I suggest you post your second suggestion in the Temple Siege thread in the Map Showcase forum, and also message IAGG about it on bnet. It's a good idea.

As for the first, if I run a tournament I'd have a draft mode so one team chooses then the next and both teams have vision, so they can't complain about bad matchups.

Red classic.

Mar 4 2012, 6:28 pm rudxo427 Post #71

Quote from Jack
I suggest you post your second suggestion in the Temple Siege thread in the Map Showcase forum, and also message IAGG about it on bnet. It's a good idea.

As for the first, if I run a tournament I'd have a draft mode so one team chooses then the next and both teams have vision, so they can't complain about bad matchups.
Temple Siege thread in the Map Showcase forum? Whats that;;
anyway, alright.. ill msg IAGG about this

None.

Mar 4 2012, 9:24 pm Jack Post #72

http://www.staredit.net/topic/13994/

Red classic.

Mar 6 2012, 12:11 am rudxo427 Post #73

alrdy found that :P
ty anyway, but got a question
i thought IAGG quit.. is he making the next version of ts?
idc who makes it, but just wondering..

None.

Mar 6 2012, 12:27 am Jack Post #74

IAGG came back and is making the next version, although if he doesn't make it I'd love to and have started on my own version.

Red classic.

Mar 12 2012, 9:14 am Jack Post #75

I've modified the rankings to show position next to your name so you know how far up you are. Currently we have almost 300 players ranked! That fits with my estimate of ~500 active TS players, as there are still players who are not yet ranked.

Red classic.

Mar 24 2012, 3:27 am rudxo427 Post #76

Any terrain placement changes in g3e? Top should be like bot, and
bot should have 1 more cannon on top right of the pylon(the one closest to beacon)
Mist should be changed a bit, as some other ppl suggested.. i never saw any1 use l4..
too slow to actually cast it on the enemy heroes unless stunned.. its l3 can be effective but
i think there can be a better l3 than that.. as the title of "The Ultimate Simmer'(People call Mist that :P), there should be
another spell that can help build(lovely) or protect(there alrdy is, l2 and its helpful, but its chance of getting another cannon is stupid, and
all i saw was UNIT UNPLACABLE!)
i know there arent many ideas left to use(maybe none), but.. Eh.
Lastly, if mist still exists in g3e, i wish it was like 1 l1= energy for hallu and 2 l1s within 3 seconds since sometimes u need to hallu more than once= bring probe to mist
idc if ppl say this idea sux, its just a suggestion..

None.

Mar 24 2012, 3:34 am Jack Post #77

You should post that in the other thread.

As noted on the TS site, I am no longer updating the rankings and probably won't be playing any or much TS anymore.

Red classic.

Mar 29 2012, 12:14 am rudxo427 Post #78

w8.
under ur posts, it says RPG making
r u making an rpg? is that y? or r u busy with something else
if its a personal business, u dont have to tell, but i want to know y
cause its fun playing with u D:
and also, r u trying to get some1 else to continue with the rankings?
or just leave it as it is right now

None.

Mar 29 2012, 12:50 am Jack Post #79

Yeah I'm making an RPG. Someone could volunteer to take over, if I trust them enough I'd let them take over.

Red classic.

May 4 2012, 10:55 pm Mouse Post #80

This is more about moderation of your posts on the website, but DanceWithScVs is another account of Ferrari(Enzo. And he also hacks, I might have a replay of him dh'ing me, and also got caught by my anti-hack for Oblivion.

EDIT: Blazin[Liberty], chase-wat-matta, HellzBladex2, Nikkolo, and Zaqaz[T] hack as well. HellzBladex2 is also known as AxiS-Blade.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 4 2012, 11:04 pm by Mouse.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4
  Back to forum