Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: 2 new Ladder Maps, BattleTags, Balance
2 new Ladder Maps, BattleTags, Balance
Dec 16 2011, 5:05 am
By: Ahli  

Dec 16 2011, 5:05 am Ahli Post #1

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

STARCRAFT II - Season 5 Ladder Map Pool Update
--- 2 new Maps for upcoming season introduced ---

Blizzard introduced 2 new maps for the upcoming season 5 of the ladder. In addition to that they state that they will look at the maps from a recent tournament named Teamliquid's Open (click for more info and map screenshots).

You can find the article and the 2 new maps here.

STARCRAFT II - Q & A with David Kim
--- Melee Balance ---

Blizzard released some thoughts of their game balance designer David Kim about some balance problems.
You can read it here.

BATTLE.NET - Introducing BattleTags
--- Player Identification across whole Platform ---

Blizzard revealed some information about their new feature called BattleTags which allows you to chose 1 nick for your account which will be used in all games, forums, homepages.
Check out their post for details about that new system.

Dec 17 2011, 6:51 pm ClansAreForGays Post #2

I hate larvae inject. I'm sad to hear they are never getting rid of it.

Dec 17 2011, 7:50 pm Oh_Man Post #3

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Basically they should mod it so larva injecting once increases that hatcheries output for X minutes. Rather than only giving 4 larva every inject.

Dec 19 2011, 5:32 am ClansAreForGays Post #4

1 queen per hatch just shouldnt be an unquestionable rule. I hate everything about larvae inject, even from a lore perspective.

Dec 20 2011, 8:07 pm Oh_Man Post #5

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

That's why they had that spell where the Queen could 'deep burrow' (aka teleport) to any piece of creep, thus allowing it to reach multiple hatcheries with ease. Now that that is gone no one wants to wait for their queen to walk between hatcheries so they make one per.

Dec 20 2011, 9:33 pm Ahli Post #6

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Oh_Man
That's why they had that spell where the Queen could 'deep burrow' (aka teleport) to any piece of creep, thus allowing it to reach multiple hatcheries with ease. Now that that is gone no one wants to wait for their queen to walk between hatcheries so they make one per.
You would still have 1 hatch / base because the energy regeneration and the injecting costs are equal. With perfect injects your queen's energy is at 0 after injecting.

Dec 20 2011, 9:57 pm CecilSunkure Post #7

Been enjoying the new ladder pool, no vetoes yet :P

None.

Options
  Back to forum