Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Starcraft Tileset Ripping
Starcraft Tileset Ripping
Nov 6 2011, 9:46 am
By: Fortis  

Nov 6 2011, 9:46 am Fortis Post #1

Found the problem. My bitshifting operations were wrong. Edited the problem code in the post but haven't updated the source cause I'm lazy :bleh:

Hello. I bough a new phone recently, an android one, and have decided to port starcraft to it. It will be a nice little learning experience. So I want the port to use the original files. (Graphics, Tilesets, scripts, etc.) with some files removed to save space. I read up on internet about how the tiles are stored.

VX4: MegaTile Graphics
This file contains references to the MiniTile images and states if they are flipped.
Struct size: 32 bytes (16 shorts)
Max ref. ID: 65535

Offset Type Name Description
+0x00 16xSHORT Images The first bit (bit0) is the horizontal flip flag, the remaining 15 bits (bit1-15) are the VR4 index.

Like the above states I use the C++ code
index = megatile.images[mit]/2;
flip = !megatile.images[mit] >> 15;//FoUND problem this should be << 15!!!!!
minitile = miniTiles[index];
And it works, but the flip isn't always read correctly. Is it something I did wrong or is the information incorrect?
This is my source
Leaving the source. Feel free to use it :).

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Nov 6 2011, 11:09 am by Fortis.

None.

Nov 11 2011, 8:24 am Sacrieur Post #2

Still Napping

Fascinating, it seems you're adept at this sort of work you're doing.

Anything else you've come across that is particularly note worthy?

None.

Nov 11 2011, 11:07 pm Tempz Post #3

Plenty of people have tried to port starcraft

(sc lite = Ds starcraft homebrew which i've tried and sucks)
(sc 64 = n64 port)

Trust me you can never really capture the spirit of starcraft on a phone since its too basic. Iphone/ipad maybe but thats it.

None.

Options
  Back to forum