Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Saving scores, (send data remotley)
Saving scores, (send data remotley)
Oct 3 2011, 10:44 pm
By: Patrik  

Oct 3 2011, 10:44 pm Patrik Post #1

Hi,

I have created a map where i want to send the scores to a server and then retrieve them when the map starts next time. A similar thing is done in SotIS where players rank etc. are saved.
I guess they just send the score over http to a webserver or similar?

I have searched and searched but havent found anything about sending data to a remote server.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or maybe even give me a tutorial on how to save data remotley?

BR

None.

Oct 4 2011, 10:39 am Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

SotIS uses an additional program called GLOOP. GLOOP reads information from bank files and sends that information to a server; to do the same you would need to code a program which can open MPQs, extract bank XMLs from the map MPQ, and send the data to a server.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 4 2011, 1:34 pm Patrik Post #3

Thank you very much for your reply!

But I'm quite sure score are submitted when you join a SotIS game from custom games inside Starcraft 2? Are there any bot and similar then that host the game and submits the score?

None.

Oct 4 2011, 3:20 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Patrik
Thank you very much for your reply!

But I'm quite sure score are submitted when you join a SotIS game from custom games inside Starcraft 2? Are there any bot and similar then that host the game and submits the score?
It's exactly how Jack states it. They use a program that sends the bank's data to a server whenever the bank has been updated and the program runs. If you receive a global highscore, that program might write into the bank file, too.

Without external programs there is only 1 way at the moment, how you can transfer data like a highscore... it would be on a per player base, so every player stores his own highscore and updates it with every game (, if they play with strangers).

Example:
1. Every player saves the best 10 player data in his bank as some sort of highscore data.
2. At every game start, the data of all players in the game is thrown together and an updated highscore is saved for every player.
3. If a player gets a higher score, every player updates his highscore with that player's personal data.

So every player carries around a highscore and if he is active enough, he will have a more accurate highscore list.
Atm, there is no way to save data onto your map space, etc...

I've never played SotIS with a leaderboard, but I've read some info about their system on their homepage some time ago.

Oct 4 2011, 5:39 pm Patrik Post #5

Thank you very much for clearing that up!

To bad such a good game engine lack such an important detail.

None.

Oct 18 2011, 3:03 am Tempz Post #6

Even though tedious you can create a password system like they did in xura rpg for sc1.

None.

Options
  Back to forum