Staredit Network > Forums > Media, Art, and Literature > Topic: Music Finder Contest
Music Finder Contest
Sep 18 2011, 4:40 am
By: UnholyUrine  

Sep 18 2011, 4:40 am UnholyUrine Post #1

Hi Folks,

Even though I've neglected mapping for a long time, I still find myself imagining things that I haven't done before.
I know it sounds silly, but I've been mapping out an SC1 RPG in my head, and I'm looking for some specific Background Music, and others.

The Music

So basically
I want a Water/Ocean Themed Background that really stresses the Ominous and Mysterious nature of these big puddles of water.
The imagined Setting that I'm basing this on is a Water-themed maze with baddies spawning randomly, requiring players to move quickly while not making wrong moves and arriving at dead ends.
In other words, I want the players to feel at loss in the vast ocean puzzle.

I have some examples:
Mysts of the Unknown
This is Ome
Eternal Daze

The Other Stuffs

I'm also looking for a short poem or poem-like verse in this Imagined game that somewhat fits with this theme.
I'm looking for a poem that is Narrated (i.e. not specifically spoken by any of the in-game characters) and is about Losing Something very Important to you.
Let your imagination run wild here, because the storyline of my supposed RPG has not set in stone and can easily be changed.

Finally, I'm looking for a way to Play SC:BW on Windows 7
I've lost my SC original CD and CD-key. However, I still have my SC:BW. Please help!!

The Person who Helps me the most will receive
50 Minerals!!!

:wob: :wob: :wob: :wob: :wob:

Also, I'll be accepting Donations.

If any Minerals are donated, then I'll instead give
50 Minerals + 50% of the Donations to the Person I pick
and then Host a Poll on the Music suggestions and then give the People's Choice The Rest of the 50% of the Donations!!

WOOT?!?! Profit?

Thanks!!
~Unholy

EDIT: Btw, why on earth are the html codes for size and color completely broken when I use {encase}? ><

None.

Sep 18 2011, 4:55 am TiKels Post #2

Can I get points if I wrote some music for you?

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Sep 18 2011, 5:28 am UnholyUrine Post #3

only if it's good :P

None.

Sep 18 2011, 7:15 am IskatuMesk Post #4

Lord of the Locker Room

Let me see. I was given a similar request before, but not for oceans. I think I may have something that could be useful.

A lot of the better stuff I have is not on youtube.... hmm....

If these are insufficient I will look for more.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Sep 19 2011, 3:45 am RIVE Post #5

Just Here For The Pie

Have you tried http://www.staredit.net/topic/12904/ ?

If so, I would suggest this from it.

None.

Sep 19 2011, 5:38 am Rantent Post #6

Some possible classical pieces.
Collapse Box

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 19 2011, 5:46 am by Rantent.

None.

Sep 20 2011, 7:15 pm UnholyUrine Post #7

Wow Thanks everybody

Yeah I know the Game Music Thread.. I made that thread.. lols
It wasn't specific tho, I didn't want to sift through a ton to find the ones I want

There're loads of music that I can use here

The Classical Ones I'm especially interested in right now :P

I also noticed that a lot of the music has a melancholic feel to it. Why r u all so negative :C
The feeling of lost and being in a mysterious setting can also be emotionally exciting
I think I need something more for the players to wander.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 20 2011, 7:54 pm by UnholyUrine.

None.

Sep 23 2011, 6:03 pm IskatuMesk Post #8

Lord of the Locker Room

Life is negative.

If you need more/other types of pieces let me know.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Oct 2 2011, 3:46 am UnholyUrine Post #9

Yeah,

sorry for not updating this thread

I'm still looking for this piece of music.
I feel that the musics above, with a few exceptions, are too melancholic for my tastes (life is tough, but that's not what I want)
Despite the theme is "Water" and its about "something you've lost", I guess I'm looking more for an exciting form, like instead of a music that makes you think "I'll never have that thing again", it's more like "Someday, I'll find it" or "Maybe the world is better without it"..

The 50 minerals are still up for grabs, as promised.

None.

Oct 2 2011, 4:51 am The Starport Post #10

Gosh, where to begin? Well, I'll give you a few samples, you pick the ones you prefer most, and I'll home in from there.

None.

Oct 2 2011, 6:21 am UnholyUrine Post #11

Out of everything, I like the Sounding Echo (last Ecco video) the most

Second would be the last Fable video posted by Mesk

None.

Oct 2 2011, 7:53 am Azrael Post #12

As for the poem, are you looking for someone to write you one or just a copy/paste of something already existing? How long do you want it to be, within a certain range of lines (how long is too long)? Does it have to specifically say that something important has been lost, and if so, does it have to be something that can be regained (like not the death of a loved one)? Do you not want anything where the narrator refers to themselves (aka, they say "I")? I think that's what it means by wanting it "narrated by someone that's not a character" but I'm not entirely sure :P

Oct 4 2011, 6:55 pm UnholyUrine Post #13

Preferably something short. Anywhere between 2-10 lines :P
Other than that, no restrictions

EDIT:
I like the 2nd and 3rd video, but they're too "ambient" for my tastes.
The 2nd one really fits the theme. If only its melody were more clear.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 4 2011, 7:00 pm by UnholyUrine.

None.

Oct 5 2011, 12:19 am Pr0nogo Post #14

I compose music frequently. Maybe I can help you? I don't have any specific pieces of music that pertain to your request but I'll post some of what I've done so you can decide if you're interested in my work.

As you can see, they are of varied genres. Let me know if you're interested or not.

Options
  Back to forum