Staredit Network > Forums > Lite Discussion > Topic: Best Colleges for Software Engineering
Best Colleges for Software Engineering
Mar 11 2011, 4:27 am
By: rayNimagi
Pages: < 1 2 3

Mar 13 2011, 6:50 pm Decency Post #41

+1 on what MA said.

I'm currently on a 5 year BS/MS program in Software Engineering/CS. It's helped me get offers from professors who want Masters students to help with research and is great for a resume. Starting salaries tend to be higher but you do have to write a thesis and have a project, at least at my (shitty) school, so I assume most anywhere.

I personally can't stand theory, so I'm not sure how much I'll enjoy my next year of grad school, but I do think that it will be worth it.

None.

Mar 14 2011, 5:44 am CecilSunkure Post #42

Quote from Centreri
Cecil, I strongly doubt that Digipen has a lot of industry connections with non-gaming companies. Just sayin'. Stop plugging it everywhere where it doesn't apply. Nimagi mentioned nothing about wanting to program games, and there's absolutely nothing special about Digipen in the software engineering department.
Wrong again. Lots of people go to work in lots of places besides the gaming industry. What is it with you and demonizing the school. Just because the school is centralized around game development doesn't mean it is inherently inferior to any other one.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum