Staredit Network > Forums > Technology & Computers > Topic: Video... "Problem"
Video... "Problem"
Jan 27 2011, 5:41 am
By: Dem0n  

Jan 27 2011, 11:48 pm Lanthanide Post #21

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
Well it's pushed into the PCI slot just fine, but it still moves around because the things on the case are retarded and don't do anything. It's always been a bit wobbly, but it always worked before yesterday. :\
As I posted above, if you operate the levers correctly, your card will be properly secured. If you don't do this you risk damaging your card - that appears to be what has happened here.

Sorry for the size, but this is so obvious and you seemed to ignore the advice earlier.

None.

Jan 28 2011, 12:11 am Dem0n Post #22

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

TOO BAD MY CARD BLOCKS THE LEVER SO IT WON'T GO DOWN ALL THE WAY

Jan 28 2011, 12:45 am CaptainWill Post #23

I have the same problem with my case. It's always been physically impossible to push the card down the whole way at the end where it meets the back of the case.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 28 2011, 12:51 am by CaptainWill.

None.

Jan 28 2011, 1:21 am Dem0n Post #24

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I'm looking at this warranty service request form and there's a spot for me to say which product I have. However, my graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 4830) is not on the list. What should I put? :|

Jan 28 2011, 7:39 am ShadowFlare Post #25

If you look at the back of your case as you put in the card, you may see a slot that the bottom of the bracket fits into. It needs to get into that little slot for the card to go down all the way.

None.

Jan 28 2011, 9:11 am rockz Post #26

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

I'm looking at this warranty service request form and there's a spot for me to say which product I have. However, my graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 4830) is not on the list. What should I put? :|
return it to the seller (newegg).

take everything out of the case and reassemble it out of the case. If there is still a problem, then it's the graphics card and you need to RMA it back to newegg.

if there is no problem the problem lies in the fact that you haven't put the card in enough. This is a pretty major oversight on behalf of xigmatek if you can't get a single slot expansion card into the expansion bays. can you take a picture of how you have it set up?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 28 2011, 9:28 am by rockz.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jan 28 2011, 8:39 pm Dem0n Post #27

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I pushed it in a little more so now it's stabilized a little better, but the lever still doesn't seem to be fully locked. My startup screen still has red dots all over it though. :/ I don't have a camera right now so I can't take a picture.

Also, when I just started up my computer with the graphics card uninstalled (I can see my desktop when it's uninstalled), a message came up saying, "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware." I'm not sure what program is saying this; it just says 'Graphics' as the header. Is this coming up because I haven't installed the drivers yet, or does this confirm that my graphics card is screwed? :(

Can any of you find and articles/videos on how to install a graphics card into a xigmatek case specifically? I wanna see if I did it right, but I can't find anything online about how to install these things in the xigmatek cases.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 28 2011, 8:46 pm by Dem0nS1ayer.

Jan 28 2011, 8:48 pm NudeRaider Post #28

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

The message has nothing to with your external card.

It's about the onboard chip that took over as graphics adapter. It tells you that you have no drivers installed for it yet. And you shouldn't, if you can use your computer as is. Any driver you install now will still have left-overs when you install the drivers for your replacement card.

Jan 28 2011, 9:48 pm Dem0n Post #29

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Oh, that makes sense since there isn't an onboard chipset on this mobo.

Well I turned my computer on again but this time my monitor says "no signal" and the light goes yellow. Video card's pushed in, DVI cable's in.. Well, this is lame. -.-

Jan 28 2011, 11:39 pm rockz Post #30

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

RMA

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jan 29 2011, 1:38 am Lanthanide Post #31

How to install a PCI card in the asgard case: http://techarkade.com/component/content/article/386-xigmatek-utgard-mid-tower-chassis-review.html?start=4

None.

Jan 29 2011, 1:40 am Dem0n Post #32

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Well it says that it needs to click in, but I'm honestly pressing as hard as I can without cracking my motherboard in have and it's barely going in any further. I can make it go in a little more, but it doesn't click and the lever doesn't lock perfectly into place. I've also tried removing the whole clip, but I can't figure out how to do it. But I'm pretty sure my graphics card is screwed because now when I turn on my computer my monitor just says 'no signal detected'.

Jan 29 2011, 2:36 am NudeRaider Post #33

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Also, when I just started up my computer with the graphics card uninstalled (I can see my desktop when it's uninstalled), a message came up saying, "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware."
Oh, that makes sense since there isn't an onboard chipset on this mobo.
Am I missing something here? You said you have no video output device in your computer yet miraculously your monitor shows you a driver error message. :wtfage:

Jan 29 2011, 2:54 am Dem0n Post #34

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I got that message before my monitor just went completely blank. It seems that every time I put take out the graphics card and then put it back in, I get a new problem. At first my desktop went black, then the LED flashed on and off, and then I got the blue screen, and now I get no output at all. But yeah, I got that error message before the output just stopped showing altogether.

Jan 29 2011, 3:10 am NudeRaider Post #35

Oh after putting it back in... i see...
Well, the card is damaged and that won't change however often you put it back in. Get another one and don't try to fix or report unfixable errors.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 29 2011, 12:07 pm by NudeRaider.

Jan 29 2011, 4:38 am Lanthanide Post #36

At this point I'm worried that he's broken the motherboard graphics port. That would explain multiple different behaviours when putting the graphics card back in more-so than a dead graphics card does.

None.

Jan 29 2011, 5:27 pm Dem0n Post #37

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Well my dad decided that he just wants to send back the whole thing and buy a prebuilt computer. I think it's incredibly lame, but he doesn't want to risk another part being messed up since our return warranty thing is almost over. Whatever. :/

Jan 30 2011, 7:25 pm rockz Post #38

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Sorry this happened to you. I imagine your dad is fucking pissed off.

However, the 30 day return policy is more of a guideline. Refunds are subject to a 15% restocking fee, which is deducted from the refund amount. Seems like an incredible waste IMO. That's not including the shipping to get it back there which is going to be ~$50 I imagine. Ship back the card, complain to newegg that this happened and they SHOULD be lenient towards your warranty on the rest of the parts should another thing go bad. Newegg and other manufacturers want to keep your business. If newegg will no longer honor the warranty, make a bad post about it and contact the actual manufacturer complaining. OCZ in particular will work with you to get your computer to work (though that doesn't excuse them from making bad RAM or being a bad company in general).

This is not a common occurance, but it occasionally happens. I'm amazed that it happened to you on TWO products, and it's certainly enough to piss me off royally.

As I said before, go to a local computer store and ask them to test the card. If the card works fine, then send back everything and get a prebuilt. You may have damaged the motherboard or the mothrboard was just bad. If the card is dead RMA the card.

Jan 30 2011, 10:05 pm Dem0n Post #39

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Too late, I packed everything up and my dad's mailing it off tomorrow. :-( It's fine though; my dad's not all that mad (he wanted to get a prebuilt in the first place), and it's going to have basically the same specs as the one I built.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 31 2011, 12:32 am by Dem0nS1ayer.

Jan 31 2011, 12:08 am rockz Post #40

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

this is why I like laptops

Options
  Back to forum