Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: BattleNet Feedback Petition
BattleNet Feedback Petition
Dec 29 2010, 2:13 am
By: CecilSunkure  

Dec 29 2010, 2:13 am CecilSunkure Post #1

I posted this on TL, and wanted to post it here as well:

Quote from name:Post from TL
Recently I took a good chunk of time writing this post in Blizzard's forums complaining about SC2.

Here is the post:
Collapsable Box

Basically, I want to get what I've written into this post to get a good bit of publicity so it can be taken seriously. I want to discuss with you all the changes I've proposed and make any necessary changes to my post on the Blizzard forums, so that it can represent a lot of peoples' opinions. In return I'd like to get everyone that likes my post to thumbs it up, post in the same topic on the Blizzard forums linking to and voicing support for its opinions, and more of the like.

I'm thinking that some of these changes can be implemented sooner than later if we can get a lot of people to jump on it as if it were some sort of online petition.

Things wanted from you:
  • If you like my post from the Blizzard forums, then thumbs it up on the Blizzard forums and post saying how you agree with what was said (providing a link to my post on your post), perhaps adding in more of your own thoughts or highlighting key points I've made with quote bb-code.
  • Discuss the post I've created and critique it (in this thread) so I can better the post overall on the Blizzard forums.
  • Add additional information or suggestions to discuss that can possibly be added into my post on the Blizzard forums

If we can get my post to keep a valid representation of a whole lot of voices, then perhaps the changes voiced will be implemented. Sure this may or may not help at all, but it really takes a small amount of effort, and can't hurt; I'd appreciate it if you participated regardless of what affect it will have. Be sure to post on the Blizzard forums linking to or referring to my post so it's very clear that we all want the same thing.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Dec 29 2010, 2:59 am by CecilSunkure.

None.

Dec 29 2010, 2:56 am MadZombie Post #2

I guess they took out the LAN because of pirates and the Koreans hosting broodwar on TV without permission. Since they have LAN versions of SCII for Tourny play. So I heard. I also don't care. The only one I agree with, or agree with the way you put it, would be making the second unranked ladder.

None.

Dec 29 2010, 3:30 pm BeDazed Post #3

I'd love share replay. AND. Be able to log into different regional servers. I care a lot about that. You think people wouldn't have friends over different regions? What the fuck, what the fuck is internet good for when you can only play with 'regional players'. Fucking Blizzard. This is the most retarded mistake they've ever made.

fyi. Blizzard definitely deserves some profanity.

None.

Dec 29 2010, 6:04 pm Decency Post #4

Agree with everything, and though I think it's somewhat crass it's organized well and important for the competitive scene. I hope you get some attention.

None.

Dec 29 2010, 8:17 pm CecilSunkure Post #5

I actually modified my letter a lot on TL and took some feedback from over there. The new letter is linked to at the top of the OP if you want to take a look; it isn't so crass anymore.

None.

Dec 30 2010, 2:31 am NicholasBeige Post #6

The only thing I like from this is the unranked-ladder.

Seriously? Watch a replay through, with a bunch of mates, and get to Scenario A. Then, you and your buddy jump into the shoes of the original two players who are recorded in the replay - and what? Try and see if attacking from this side is better? Or maybe if you Unsieged your tanks? That has to be the most agh, I don't even know what to call it.. So I'll just stop here and say I think it is stupid. On a brighter note: Sharing replays should be simple, which it isn't, which probably means Blizzard has some grand-master-plan of Replays being sold through their Marketplace. :awesome:

FFA - well, it's free-for-all. Wouldn't exactly be a reliable environment for ranking people and determining their skill levels. The 2v2-teamed rankings are a joke and they need to be fixed a hell of a lot sooner than any Blizzard rat starts tapping away at new features for FFA.

Chat Commands - agreed. But it's something Battle.net 1 had, and Blizzard more or less ignored to bring it to 2.0. So, we'll have to wait and see what their reasoning is, or they'll just say "We plan on implementing this in the future".

In my opinion, your paragraph on Clan Tags can be removed. They already said at BlizzCon2010 that Clan Tags, MouseGetPosition(x,y) and Chat Channels would all be implemented in the next major patch (1.3 i think) which is due just around the corner in early 2011. Don't have direct links to my sources, but google it if you care.

Edit: Regarding the whole let's jump into a replay and play it our way thing... Go get in contact with some people who are making mods and tools for Starcraft 2. Try over at SC2Nibbits and maybe SC2Mapster if you're lucky. All they'd really have to do is create a tool which views a replay, and then spits out a .sc2map file - storing all the data from a selected timeframe within the replay.

With this .sc2map file spat out, you just have to publish it and invite your friend to play it. To me, it seems like the most logical/easiest way to get what you want. No point pestering Blizzard with that sort of thing.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 30 2010, 2:37 am by Cardinal.

None.

Dec 30 2010, 3:30 am BeDazed Post #7

Why? Blizzard can take notes from good ideas. You don't have to scrutinize and having to tell Cecil 'to delete' his paragraph. I think it's a great idea. Of course, mods and 3rd party programs do the job faster. In fact, popular 3rd party programs are what gets Blizzard's attention in the first place.

Also. Again. Server switching would be great.

None.

Dec 30 2010, 4:55 am NicholasBeige Post #8

Quote from BeDazed
Why? Blizzard can take notes from good ideas. You don't have to scrutinize and having to tell Cecil 'to delete' his paragraph. I think it's a great idea.
Quote from name:Cardinal (Emphasis Added)
In my opinion, your paragraph on Clan Tags can be removed. They already said at BlizzCon2010 that Clan Tags, MouseGetPosition(x,y) and Chat Channels would all be implemented in the next major patch (1.3 i think) which is due just around the corner in early 2011.

Quote from BeDazed
Of course, mods and 3rd party programs do the job faster. In fact, popular 3rd party programs are what gets Blizzard's attention in the first place.
They're called 3rd party for a reason. Blizzard will never, ever, over my dead body, release a tool which will allow players to do what Cecil is asking. And if they do you get to say 'i told you so'. I simply implied that going after competent people with the ability and knowledge to create a tool which is relatively simple... will be a lot easier than posting a petition on a few forums and hope that a Blizzard employee with 1) the time and 2) the authority see's this suggestion and decides its the next best thing since sliced fucking bread.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 30 2010, 5:10 am by Cardinal.

None.

Dec 30 2010, 9:30 am BeDazed Post #9

Well, in case you haven't noticed- most things that were only available for 3rd party programs on Brood war were made available on SC2. You know, it's not a loss to be at the side where you at least have a possibility of saying 'I told you so.'

None.

Dec 30 2010, 8:37 pm Lanthanide Post #10

Actually I think there's a good chance of it happening, if enough people think it's a good idea and ask for it. See chat rooms, for example.

None.

Dec 30 2010, 9:01 pm DevliN Post #11

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Lanthanide
Actually I think there's a good chance of it happening, if enough people think it's a good idea and ask for it. See chat rooms, for example.
The chat rooms were in development while SC2 was in Beta, though, so I don't think that really counts.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Dec 30 2010, 9:37 pm UnholyUrine Post #12

I have some comments but I'm running outta time right now, I'll reply sm time later

in the meantime, this is exactly what I did with chat channels: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1253375398

I ought to post this in TL as well for support =D

None.

Options
  Back to forum